Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022

Go down 
+7
nm131
Leah_Anders
Kattayl
rachel741
Nebraska Wildfire
sistergrace
RosieAnnie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
rachel741

rachel741

Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 8:48 am

Oh penski, enjoyed this, but what a cliffhanger yikes.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

Penski and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.rachel74asj.com/om/website
Dan Ker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 9:36 am

Kattyl

Two years difference can be so much - and for once Hannibal was wrong;
The younger Jed got more voluntary kisses than the 'adult' ever got without paying 😉

Very likely Jed's skill with handling a gun will make up for his boyish face.
Lovely to see how Kid always slides into problems he is not the one to blame for. It just happens. He listens to his gut feeling, not always wise though.
And taking a closer look each of the kisses was initiated by a girl...
I mean, he knows everything about he is supposed not to "attract any attention," but what shall he do if the foreman demands his help?
His honesty and naivety is sweet and I could very well imagine Heyes' eyeroll when Jed spoke for the girls desire to attend the church social and the both of them skipping the dinner invitation.
"Jed calmly faced a gunfighter today and won but had trouble talking to these girls.", comprehensible for a boy of his age who could always rely on his eloquent friend.
You gain self confidence with things you are good at but
he still has to learn social competence with 'normal' females.

Good description of young Hannibal trying to struggle for them to survive. He has already learned a lot,
"he used his practiced smile"
Perhaps the fact that,
"trying not to draw attention to them" was one of their reasons to proclaim loudly their names as outlaws 😉 now they want attention
Heyes' already good way with words is visible in,
"Looks like a job well done to me.”  well thought out.

Good hint to Heyes' uppity,
" they were too young for his advanced eighteen years."

Fine contribution to point out how sweet the age of 16 years can be together with its problems.

Penski

Good to see even at an advanced age and with honest jobs Sam and Joe can celebrate and enjoy life just like they did in their old lives.
Interesting point of view to implement the prompt. Not thinking of the age sixteen but thinking of what the last sixteen years was about, what they meant for your life in hindsight.
Realization what a difference it is to be an outlaw or outsider or a part of a community without living a life in danger and great excitements.
So they thought....until the past catches up.
Good cliffhanger.
16 years in peace does not necessarily mean nothing new happens. Something new and unexpected can always disturb paradise....

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 9:00 am

rachel741 -- You did a nice job with this pre-outlaw days story.  I especially enjoyed the end -- Both young men's happiness over Jed's recovery and the extra cash he had stashed away, contrasted with Heyes' wistful musings on the sixteenth birthday that might have been. sm

Leah_Anders -- I always enjoy a good Clementine tale and this one did not disappoint.  I did some chuckling at Clementine's thoughts:  "chagrin, both boys were complete gentlemen," and her preference to keep both "dangling on a short rope."  A fun read! study

Kattayl – Sounds like it was indeed a sweet sixteenth birthday for Kid Curry!  I appreciated how you gave Kid, who was a very young gunman at the time, the wisdom NOT to fire his weapon during the showdown on street.   cigar

Penski – Who would have thought that our two favorite reforming outlaws would turn 50?! Love how you leave us on a rather ominous note, looking forward to the next tale of Sam and Joe.  Nicely done! cool

Penski and Leah_Anders like this post

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 1:37 am

1) Young Jed is too sick to buy a present for Han’s sweet sixteen, but at least they have four dollars to celebrate with
2) Clem is looking forward to her sweet sixteen, and two dear friends will be attending
3) A very sweet sixteenth for Jed as he gets grateful kisses from three pretty sisters.
4) Sweet sixteen years of living in Jackson, with no outlaw worries, but, will it last?

Hello hello, and a very happy new year to one and all.
Like a fool I finished my morning tea before starting the stories, so am gazing hopefully at the door … Nope… nothing

1) Hello Rachel

Oh dear, poor little Jed, poorly again.
And having flashbacks to the past – oh, dear. (Sad music on soundtrack)
Awww – and lovely, Jed has been saving for a present. Bless.

2) Hello there to you, Leah_Anders

Has it been a while on the challenge? (Or am I just forgetful, smile?)

Darling Clem!
And I think she is teasing her friend naming only the girls coming to the party.
The boys will look fine, suit or no suit.
Awwww – I wanted to see them arrive. Clutching flowers and hair still damp from washing under the pump.
Hope you enjoy your party, Clem.

3) Hello, hello, Kattayl

Awwww, Kid – don’t do it. Find a girl who wants to peck you on the cheek just because you are cute.
Leora Jane and Leana Joan ?? – as Bertie Wooster once said, there are some dark deed done at the font.

Ooooh, Kid is going to be forced to draw.

And he gets thank you kisses. Awwwww…
And a thank you dinner…
But, he gives the gals the chance to go dance instead. What a gentleman.
Oh, bless. A good birthday, but he is planning to resist further temptation.

4) And many greetings to Penski

Turning fifty… I remember that. (Now I am in only having birthdays every ten years mode)
Aww, Kid is getting a surprise party.
AH, I see – sixteen sweet years in Jackson, with no outlaw worries.
Ooooh, and a cliff hanger. Someone has recognised them. Soundtrack goes, pom pom pom

Penski, Kattayl and Leah_Anders like this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 11:00 am

Oh well done Penski! the boys foiled the dumb ass drifter. Loved this.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Misidentification   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 11:05 am

Penski: I love this series of stories. This just reinforces Joe/Kid's reasons for not getting married, someone that turns up and wants the title of 'fastest gun' and the reward. I am hoping that the sheriff doesn't think on this episode too much.

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:51 pm

Thank you, nm131, for writing a challenge so I wasn't the only one.  I loved this misidentification story and can Heyes accepting the challenge to be J Smith, Professor of Mining while the Kid would be more leery about pretending to be someone they are not.  What a great study, and a stroke of luck, that the two former outlaws figured out where there might be copper.  Wonderful challenge, as usual. two thumbs

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
nm131

nm131

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Penski - Interesting premise -What would the partners do if they were accused of being Heyes and Curry after so many years. They handled it beautifully. In one sense Heyes and Curry did die all those years ago. They are definitely not the same men they used to be. It was nice catching up to Sam and Joe again.

Thank you for the story.

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Misidentification   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 8:33 pm

NM131: Loved this story. Of course Heyes could become J Smith after hearing what the job and pay would be. He is a quick learner. Loved his comment to Kid; "you're my assistant. You just have to do what I tell you," something he loves doing. They were successful in finding not gold but copper so they did earn their pay for this job. I feel for the real J. Smith, he had quite an experience.
."

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 12:01 am

Well, I am tardy – I have a lot going on at the moment and am a bit stressed out.
Nevertheless, I have emerged from my shackles – ready to comment 

1) Hello there reliable Penski

Ooooh, so someone has recognised our boys.
They must be wrong about Rock Creek though – it is always, always Red Rock.

Nasty! Could take them both alive.

Oh well done Kid, and well done Sam … ‘peaceable men’

Awwwww, nice. Nice. We like a happy resolution. Thank you, Penski.

2) Nm131

Well, thank you for holding your hand up to straying a little over the word limit (Over 6,000 – the tapping got to you, huh?)

Oooh, my tea has arrived

May I respond to
“I’ve never realized how many men with dark hair, brown eyes, about six feet tall, one hundred sixty pounds, and in their early thirties there are.”
Calico says;
“NOT nearly enough!!”

So, which John or Jeremiah or Jonah do they think he is?

Dear Heyes, I am now hoping he FINDS a gold seam.

Kid! You are making the Sheriff suspicious – Much as we love it, lose the strut!!

Ah – copper! Even better with the new elec-trickery demanding wires!

Oh NM – this is WONDERFUL – I genuinely did not see that coming! He was held on suspicion of being that notorious outlaw – whatshisname . Clever Clever

(I set ‘Not like it is in the Dime Novels around The Anaconda Copper Mine – and once upon at time probably looked up all the same bits and bobs you did. Happy times,”

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 8:19 am

Kid's Sister is the first one outta the gate this month! What a sweet story with Soldier and his girlfriend. No wonder he was disappearing and feeding her. I'm kinda surprised that Heyes and the Kid left them in the ghost town and did't bring them back to the Hole. thumbsup

nm131

nm131

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2024 11:29 am

Kidsister - Any story with a dog is good. The boys had a successful train robbery, solved the mystery of where Soldier has been disappearing to and learned of Soldier's new family. Soldier is going to have make frequent forays to Devil's Hole with many more mouths to feed. I enjoyed your story.
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2024 3:04 pm

mn131 - Oh, you had me there!  I was so sure with Heyes' thoughts before and then story that the outcome wasn't going to be giggling.  You really have the guys down with how they'd feel about dying.  I never thought about the Kid eating like it'd be his last meal, but it's so true.  I like the seat that the Kid took and the excuse he used for Heyes to use it while he went upstairs.  I had a feeling the rancher was going to do something, even with the two gals in harm's way.  Good shooting is right, Heyes.  Loved this! applause

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: The Staircase   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2024 10:38 am

NM131: What a great story. A lot of thought went into Heyes' explanation of their mortality. Seems as if he had all of the possibilities covered and comparing them to poker hand odds makes sense. I liked that Heyes acknowledged that Kid has 'that' walk, I prefer catlike to predator. Loved Kid's comeback to the rancher, that if Wanda was his girl, why was she working in a saloon, so like Kid. It is time to leave town even without the sheriff's request.
Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 7:51 am

Hello one and all - here I am

1) Hello Kid's Sister

Awwwww, Soldier has a gal pal.
So I sense puppies on the way?
Oh, Heyes has guessed there is a girl in town - smile.

I'll bet all that gold is a bit heavy?

Eight puppies - how lovely.

Heyes had forgiven him for stealing for he had a reason why.
Kid was proud of him he had been through a lot and now he had a family of his own not only him, Heyes and the boys. But a proper family of his own. Kid left them too be alone, together huddled under the Staircase.

And the Kid thinks he's a grandpa - awww, smile.

2) Hello there NM

Well, well, Heyes is getting very reflective and philosophical.
And, is Kid tempted by the lovely Wanda?
Tut, tut, the Kidettes will not approve.

Clever Kid, a deliberate tumble to avoid trouble.

3) And Hello to you Penski

Ah, I see - a scurrying and a scampering down the back staircase to avoid the Marshall.

Dear gals, working overtime to distract that Marshall.

And of course, our boys are NOT strangers. Smile

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
nm131

nm131

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Penski - Good use of the prompt. I had a real sense of urgency and semi chaos as Heyes worked to get the Devil's Hole Gang down the back staircase. Could picture the scene vividly. Very well written.

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 1:31 pm

Kid’s Sister – This challenge definitely has the “Awww!” factor.  Soldier had a good reason for climbing that staircase, and as an extra bonus, the pups were found beneath it.  dog18

nm131 – The foreboding feel of your challenge had me biting my nails until the very end!  I thought for sure at least one of the fellas was going to meet his maker, perhaps on a staircase with a gal on each arm.  I liked how you wrote the entire piece from Heyes’ point of view, what he sees and hears, and what he is thinking. Two thumbs up! poker

Penski – A fun outlaw days tale, including a back staircase that leads to a quick and easy escape for the whole gang.  Glad everyone in the gang got away safely.  Well written!
cowboyclap

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 6:05 pm

Kathy - I know you're a prolific writer, but is this your first challenge?   welcome  

I love how the Kid knew that was the Tabscott's gun, being such an expert on firearms.  Smelling for blueberries made me smile.  The story behind an item can make it all the more valuable.  If Bentley knew THIS gun help Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry escape from jail, he would've charge much more for it.  Nice that the Kid left a message for Bess or Tom.  Wonderful challenge!  
applause

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Vintage   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 6:38 pm

Kathy: I enjoyed this story so much. What a gem of a story, bringing in the gun from Matt Tapscott, who would have thought that you, you obviously did and it was great.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: A Fine Vintage   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 5:26 pm

Leah Anders: What a great story. Intense from the very beginning. This man has no idea of who he is dealing with. Heyes left no doubt that he was leaving with Anna. Heyes may have left Kid with a signal but he was more than happy to handle it all himself, you never push Heyes too far. What a good thing to do, send her to Louise, she will take good care of her. And now, they have a fine vintage to to finish off far from where they are right now.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 7:42 pm

Leah Anders - What an evil man! The more he talked, the more I (and Heyes) hated him. I love how Heyes refused to back down and insisted he was taking Anna far away from all of this hate the poor girl has only own her whole life. Great Heyes plan to send her to Louise. Loved it! applause

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 10:38 am

Kathy: Kid is so gun savvy and this is a perfect example of that. I love call backs to episodes and this was a good one.
Leah_Anders: Intense story. What an evil evil men both Anna's father and the man who bought her were. Very glad Heyes rescued her.

Carl Sagan

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: A Fine Vintage   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 12:13 pm

Rachel71:? Not sure that I like this idea. They could pick the wrong wealthy person and they could find themselves hunted down by well paid hired men and still be hunted by bounty hunters, posse's. This sounds like this story may be continued?
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 1:16 pm

Rachel741 - Oh, that's a different plot and more difficult to get caught. Lom probably didn't even realize they stole anything. Good to get enough but not all of it. Living it up in Mexico in their own villa - that's the life. Yep, the governors weren't going to give them amnesty so why not? Really enjoyed this! two thumbs

rachel741 and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 10:44 pm

Kattayl - What a fun story Heyes is telling the Devil's Hole Gang. I enjoyed picturing both Heyes and Curry in various forms of being dressed - nice way to start the story. Thank goodness for a secret passage to a hidden room. Miss Angelica was smart creating a secret place for her customers who didn't want to be seen there. Of course, Kid Curry would be concerned about security while Heyes would be distracted by a locked trunk. What a fun challenge! applause

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next