Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17

Go down 
+13
Maz
Calico
nm131
HannaHeyes
InsideOutlaw
cac
MoulinP
LittleBluestem
Cornelia May
Alias Alice
WichitaRed
Cal
sistergrace
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 am

Cac
Now that was a wild fall Kid took…hard to imagine for him. But, he adjusted as usual and even got photos taken. Considering my business does those types of photos…boy what I wouldn’t give to have him walk in, ‘specially with Heyes in tow. Fun story, gets the imaginations flowing…thanks for sharing.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Inside Outlaw - LOL... Bronc expanded my vocabulary, too, although I have to confess I didn't get it all.  I like how you painted Heyes and Curry as dangerous and not very nice.  They were outlaws, after all.  Wonderful descriptive writing, too, of the town and saloon.  Loved the name Hopeless, Montana.  Enjoyed this challenge!

applause

cac

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Cornelia May: I look forward to next month!

IO: So funny. That must have been a lot of fun to write. LOVE their revenge :) I like how Wheat tried to trick them, Bronc tried to trick them, but they had the last laugh. It all suits who they are.

Penski: Favorite line: “I’d think they’d have more the ten dollars on them.” Yeah, you'd think!! But no!!
Back to top Go down
Cal

Cal

PostSubject: up on the roof   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 1:11 am

Inside Outlaw - What a fab look at the ourlaws Heyes and Curry... mean moody and magnificent... loved all the genuine dialogue.... Lead slinger! was my favourite... painted tonsils a close second... brilliant challenge.

Penski - I'm with Heyes....About Copperstown! Do you think Riley will be another Law Officer the boys can get on their side....they do have a little dirt on him...and he owes them big time..... enjoyed that action packed challenge and it was very telling that long before Kid called Heyes Joshua, I already knew the story had switched to the series time-frame....excellent writing.
Back to top Go down
nm131

nm131

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 4:36 am

Cornelia May - Don't worry, I know what's like for the bunnies to have stayed dormant in their warrens. I'm sure we'll be hearing from you soon - looking forward to it.

Inside Outlaw - Bronc sure expanded my vocabulary, never mind the boys who were uttering almost as many 'westernisms". Where in the world did you learn all those colorful idioms? Good thing I read for meaning in context, otherwise I would have been lost. Great story, especially as it illustrates the harder, more survivalist edge that Heyes and Curry demonstrate from time to time. After all they rose to the top in a sometimes brutal environment among a collection of not so nice individuals and held their own and then some.

Penski
- Your ability to come with interesting and entertaining stories month after month is truly amazing. This month's was a nice mix of outlaw action and amnesty-seeking plotting by Heyes. It's always a pleasure to see Lom turn up. The long-suffering sheriff is a good friend and I could just see his exasperation.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for the lovely comments. It's been great fun to write about the boys again. I want to ride with them more.

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Up on the Roof   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm

InsideOutlaw:   I've always been told that reading is the best way to expand your vocabulary...  I think I figured out most of them by context, but maybe not all.  Heyes did surprise me by hanging him off the roof, but I'm with the Kid and glad he didn't drop him.  Great story.

Penski:   Trust Heyes to figure out how to take advantage of the situation.  The only thing they were better at than breaking into banks ...
I loved Lom's reaction when they were talking about it being a problem to become a sheriff, after having been in the Devil's Hole Gang.                                                                                                    
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Inside Outlaw: Up on the Roof
I love it, kind of like, you dug up an 1800s thesaurus; giving it a total dime novel feel.
Really liked this description, it just creates a wonderful overall image of the man (Bronc untied his stained apron and stuffed it into his back pants pocket. The strings trailed down the back of his leg. ) And, probably, one of the best descriptions I have read of Wheat (“He was the best wheel-horse I ever had although a mite beef-headed. Still, he’s loyal as the day’s long.” … had delusions of grandeur…lives on blusteration…. finally figured out he couldn’t live the lie)
Like the Kid backs up, his truth and belief of guarantees….great Kid moment. Oh, my, my, but I do like seeing Heyes’ temper in action, you know he did some off the wall acts to garner such a reputation which made men jump at the mention of his name. And, you showed this off beautifully, well done.
Another great tale, thanks for sharing Outlaw, always enjoy your work.
Also, apparently I have read enough historical articles, L’amour, and other westerns to have an expanded vocabulary, because you never even tripped me up. Read right through it as easy as a nursery rhyme. Great work, and difficult to do, so extra kudos.

Penski: Up on the Roof
Tell ya what, it is a good thing, they have Kid Curry as head of security for them all. That could have got down right bloody if he had not noticed the glint up on the roof; good set up for your action scene.
And, after that, I say Heyes was right…details but no town name and date. Sounds a lot safer in the long run.
Great dialogue, felt straight out of the show (“Hate it when they don’t say the name of the sheriff,” the Kid muttered under his breath. “Very inconsiderate,” Heyes commented. “We’ll have to be on guard til we know.”) And, them talking to Riley in the jail cell also sounds like it came straight off the show. Good use of Heyes’ use of words, loved bringing Lom in on it too.

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but we knew it was coming, you as a writer had done a great set up for it. Let me say, I really don’t like Riley the double, dirty two timing blood money grabbing….ooops just finished reading IO”s story and it expanded my adjective uses. ….and I am with Heyes would have a hard time letting go the Cooperstown gig.
Great story, thank you for sharing. Ahem, in sliding in under the line, you might want to do another edit read before storing it away. But, despite that, I loved it.

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Maz McCoy: One Man’s Trash is another man’s treasure

Very sweet tale, knew it was Kid soon as he caught the boy so fast, even before his grandson’s name was said. Nice take on what can be considered trash and when you look closer find out something else all together, both with the box of letters and what Kid havin’ once been considered little better the trash himself and look what he had created with his life. Sweet story.

Cal: One Man’s Trash is another man’s treasure.
Pretty fun, I always enjoy outtakes stories…you know filling in the blanks. And, somehow, I have a feeling Kid has more than a few of them. Well done, fun read, thanks for sharing.

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 am

Nebraska, I am enjoying the continuation of your story. You descriptions of the plains is always wonderful. Your story has such a sweet way that rolls out, but it makes it intriguing to read. They have been so many ideas what they do when they're no longer outlaws, but I like your unique take that they go back to the roots so to say. Like to play on keeping the faith, this being one of Heyes phrases and seeing where he gets it from. Well done and thank you for sharing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17   Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck Comments 8th October 16 to....2nd Sept 17
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16