Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck Comments

Go down 
+19
stormr
AllegraW
Bison1
countryrosie
joannb
nm131
Shenango
Fortitudine
Maz
sistergrace
Calico
FrankieASJ
RosieAnnie
skykomish
Penski
InsideOutlaw
HannaHeyes
Ghislaine Emrys
BeeJay
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:59 am

I/O -- loved this story! Awestruck Comments - Page 14 713145813 You did a great job of creating Molly's character and Heyes's plan was wonderful. Unlike some of the others who have commented, I'm not sure I do want the story continued. It's a wonderfully complete story and the last lines are a hoot -- a great ending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

InsideOutlaw - Molly was a great character. A great read and all the better for the promise of more to come. Who's been silly enough to try to rob the boys? I can't wait to find out - let's hope you plan on continuing this.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm

INSIDEOUTLAW - I too enjoyed Molly and Heyes' plan to help her out. Love seeing the boys doing good deeds! My favorite part was the end. They thought they were lucky for once and fate bit them in the butt again sm

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Okay HH, gotta admit--that was funny! Looks like both the boys ended up with quite a few bee stings before their persistance paid off! They must have really wanted that honey. Great original story, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 am

HH -Well that was short and sweet - with a sting in the tale. A very clever perspective on the prompt and funny too! The must have wanted that honey very badly. I'd have given up.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 am

HannaHeyes: Fun story. I can't see why the boys kept at it after being stung so much, but I guess you had to 'bee' there to understand (sorry-just couldn't resist). Very Happy Thanks for the laugh!
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Thank you for the laugh Hanna..a great idea and I could see the boys at their dippiest best

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:35 am

HannaHeyes -- what a cute story. Loved the perspective of the narrator. The boys at their most stubborn and persistent too! Awestruck Comments - Page 14 184121345
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Sorry I haven't been around much - what with my Royal engagements and the Olympics, I've been run off my feet. This fantastic year will stand out as a landmark for me and I've posed for photographs and met wonderful people from just about every country in the world. Back to normality now, and I'm off to see the family in the old country for a bit before all the schools go back.

I've paused to draw breath and comment on some of the great stories already posted this month. Such varied and terrific takes on the prompt

Riders - A sporting chance for dinner? No contest. Dinner wins. Great banter made this very easy to see in my mind's eye.

Penksi - So that's where the Sundance Kid learned to shoot! I loved the historical notes, I learn so much from this site. This seemed such a natural interaction between Kid and the young lad, which made this a lovely read in it's own right. The historical notes were the icing on the cake for me.

Maz - I agree with the others. Ice Hockey! In the hottest month we've had? Then I saw that you'd been to Canada and I understood the prompt. Using female attention to get a young male to do something is like shooting fish in a a barrel (a tiny bit like Riders story). Lets hope he uses protective headgear. We wouldn't want anything to happen to his lovely face, would we?

Silverkelpie - I admit it. I had no idea what a counterpane was. This could easily have been unsympathetic, with the tiny jockey and the tall woman, but you made them the most dignified characters in this hilarious tale. They were certainly way more dignified than Heyes! I could just hear the screech in Mrs. Plant's voices as she was bawling them out. Too many great lines to quote them all, but I loved, "I’ve never tried to convince a woman to like another man. I ain’t sure I can do it. - Sure you can, Kid. You do it for me all the time, without even realising it," not to mention the cookies on the top shelf! Wonderful, funny, life affirming story.

Remuda - I always find the stories which unfold through dialogue very clever and this was no exception. This just went around and around comparing their skills. So good to read

Riders - Another one? My, you are prolific. I really hope you continue this story of the days their path crossed with Mr. Goodnight. What a great name. I'd love to see if he's going to be a good or a bad influence. A great story. Please follow this up.

Insideoutlaw - Another one I like to read more of. The boys are being held up? Ooh! Great to see the boys helping Molly out. I could see why someone as bright as her would catch Heyes' attention.

Hannaheyes - I chortled through this. How on earth did you think of coming up with this perspective? They must love their honey - they sure kept at it even though it was so vigorously defended
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:49 pm

HannaHeyes: Well, that sure was different! I really enjoyed it. The personality of the narrator bee really came through--you kept it in character throughout the story. And I could easily picture Han and Jed--I think they must have been on the young side--doing the stunts you described. Well done!

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Hanna Heyes - Cute bees vs. the boys story. Loved the narration from the bee and how hard the guys tried to get the honey. And you wrote it in such a way that we're not positive if it's Han & Jed or Heyes & the Kid.

skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:31 pm

After 3 long weeks, I finally have internet again. It will take me a few days to get caught up, but it will be fun reading.

Riders - This was really fun. I loved the line about not giving dinner a sporting chance.

Penski - I liked this story. I enjoyed seeing the Kid as a mentor to young Longabough. My favorite line, "What? Not like I taught him to be a gunslinger..." The best part about this line is that Heyes hadn't said a thing. So was Kid Curry feeling just a wee bit guilty.

Maz - As usual you are the mistress of dialogue. You write great dialogue even when it is characters other than Kid and Heyes. This was a good snippet. I loved how Jeff and Nathan reeled in a young Jed Curry.
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 am

SilverKelpie - As usual you write the most wonderful descriptions. Once you wrote "The woman's brittle, steel-like hair..." I instantly saw her and knew what sort of woman she was. Very funny and heart warming story. I must agree with HD that the most dignified characters in the story were the mis-matched, potential couple. Clapping hard. applause

Remuda - The boy's conversation just wound round and round in this saddle talk. I almost forgot what started the whole thing by the time they were through comparing and contrasting their skills. Very fun dialogue. Ace
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Riders - Good story. I liked the offer from Mr. Goodnight, and Heyes' and the Kid's suspicions about his motives and what he was asking. The dialogue between Heyes and the Kid seemed a perfect reflection of the show to me. Great job! cow2

InsideOutlaw - I loved the description of Molly and her unruly hair. Very fun plot, and Molly is a very likeable character. It did bother me a bit that Kid seemed so very talkative in the early portions of the story, but was a fun read.

Hanna Heyes - You had fun with this one. But the Bee narrator seemed entirely too pleased about stinging our heroes. I kept remembering that honey bees die when they sting. It made the narrator's jovial attitude about stinging the guys seem just a wee bit heartless or morbid to me. Fun little story, though.
Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 am

1) Riders
(Got your note that this is ‘just fluff’ not for polling)
Smiling hard here – is it a fish? Is it a boot? Is the underside of the boat?
Snirt! Kid shot it!!! Hey, Kid – that ain’t in the angling rules.

2) Penski
“Isn’t it too late to be the 4th of July?” Nah – the Kid has to remember ASJ world has several fourth of Julys every year!
Oh no! Not the falling plates! Remember last time!
Good heavens – Kid must be shaking the déjà vu off his boots.
No wonder! Did not pick that up till the end Penski. This is the chap our own dear Kid is a TV remake of. Clever Girl!

3) Maz
What the puck? MORE ranch days stories – hey, you know I love them.
Is our own lovely young Jed going to do us a Bambi on ice show?
Ahah – he wants to look good in front of Emily, huh? What better way than to strap on unfamiliar skates and…er, hang on!
Hey – where’s the rest of it??!!!

4) Silverkelpie
“…Men should give up when they can’t reach the cookies on the top shelf.” Consider me chortling.
Course he worships the ground she walks on – it’s what he CAN reach! (Calico chortles at her own wit.)
Oh no! Heyes is mopping with the – the … Oh no!!
Ah, musical humiliation for the old school rival.
And the traditional ending with our boys out of pocket again – hurrah!!!

5) Remuda
Saddle Talk – hurrah! Always like a twosome.
Me thinks Kid is deliberately confusing HH for a change.
Dear old Heyes – nah, never give a sucker a sporting chance.

6) Riders57
Awww – our youngsters having qualms. Love it already.
Oh, Boys, I have a very bad feeling about that job you’ve just taken. Setting us up for a tale very nicely there, Riders.

7) InsideOutlaw
Good heavens, is that our own man of few words, Kid doing the ‘Dear Abby’ stuff? Bless his boots!
Awww bless x 2!!
And loving the fade out on them getting held up!!

8) Hannaheyes
Adored that! How original – and cleverly done. Naughty honey thieves! You go get ‘em gals!!!
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Dang, Maz, no one's that fast or that good! That was heart-wrenching and tender so well-written. Had a flavor of Butch and Sundance at the end, but it's NOT the end of our boys. No, it can't be! So glad you couldn't sleep until you wrote that one. Now I don't be able to sleep as I ponder on it.

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:54 am

Maz -What a marvellous story; punchy, pithy and spot-on for the prompt. You certainly don't shy away from a difficult situation, you put them in a hopeless situation and furnish them with sparkling dialogue. Standing and clapping hard applause
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:55 am

Blush blush. thank you ladies...Can I go to sleep now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:31 am

Yes, good one Maz. Very believable and I could just picture them both sitting in the semi-darknes with a fire going and them drinking coffee and casually discussing their very dismal situation. Very well done.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 am

Maz: Well, that ended up very differently from what I expected! Wonderful banter in the beginning and middle--too many great lines to choose from. Going in a direction I hadn't anticipated, the last third of the story was quite sad. Did you just watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, or something??? I can only hope that Heyes had one more brilliant plan and his and Kid's fate wasn't the same as that of Butch and Sundance.

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 am

MAZ - What a touching story. And sad. I do hope this isn't the end of our amiable duo. Well-written! sm

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 am

Maz -- well written. Its sad, not only that they are likely at the end, but that they have been running for so long -- 55 huh. Good story in a few well chosen words.
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Maz - Wonderful writing. I loved the melancholy situation juxtaposed against the light hearted banter. The dialogue was incredibly good. I found myself reading most of it to my husband who laughed just as hard as I did. You painted a bleak picture where both their situation and their lives are headed toward dead ends, and yet they are still joking and having such a good time in one another's company. Fifty-five, huh? That hits home a bit as I am facing that same age in November. Standing and clapping very hard. Now is there anymore to the tale? applause applause applause
Back to top Go down
FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 am

It's the start of a new school term here and I'm hoping to have a little more free time so am going to make a concerted effort to comment on a regular basis each month - starting with .......

Miz Maz - it was ok!!!! Only joking. Your usual mastery dialogue. Heck you know these boys too well. Rolling Eyes Couple that with a helping of humour, angst, injury, peril, hurt and comfort and you've got the makings of a near perfect story. I do wonder if they'd still be able to mount a horse at 55! I know there are days when I have enough trouble getting out of bed of a morning at 47!!!!
Needless to say - great challenge Maz.
Awestruck Comments - Page 14 184121345 Awestruck Comments - Page 14 713145813

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:17 am

Maz: What a bittersweet end; still together and facing it with the small comforts they have. Loved the dialogue, too. As always you always get that sardonic humor just right.

Frankie: I think Keays and I can vouch for them still being able to mount a horse at 55. You aren't saying that's old, right?!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments   Awestruck Comments - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck Comments
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next