Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15

Go down 
+17
BeeJay
sistergrace
mouse4ever
Kid4ever
ty pender
Penski
RosieAnnie
Maz
Calico
FrankieASJ
InsideOutlaw
LittleBluestem
joannb
AllegraW
Ghislaine Emrys
WichitaRed
Fortitudine
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Inside outlaw    Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:50 pm

I was shocked that you were opening your tale with the cemetery. And then even more shocked when I read the smilers name. And I have to say I was as taken aback by kid Curry statement as Heyes was.absolutely love the line about meeting his maker and there is no garden in hell. Wonderful visionary sentence and sounds very very Hannibal Heyes at the same time. Love the imagery at the drop of rain on Hannibal space juxtaposition to the tears he would never shed for Bilson. You used a lot of nice place on words in the story and I enjoyed your story as I always enjoy all of your stories inside outlaw

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:12 pm

WichitaRed:
Glad to see you here this month! Kid is really having a rough month between this challenge and the VS stories. Is this a continuation from a story. I'd like to know how they all ended up in the cave. Poor Kid-under the weather in bad weather and all Heyes is giving him is cold comfort. Hmm, I like to see Heyes pick Kid up and lug him onto the horse! The boys are being stubborn and argumentative again which is always fun. 

Alias Alice
Oh Nooos! I almost thought poor Kid again! It was nice to see them take care of each other--and yay-Kid didn't get really sick again. It was the other fella's turn. You have a lovely command of language ( For the past couple of hours, the boys had ridden through a bitterly-cold, raw, penetrating wind. At first only a few solitary snowflakes had fluttered down from the iron-grey sky.--that is very nice)and I hope you write many more challenges.

InsideOutlaw
A very interesting choice of topic for the month's challenge. I don't believe I would ever have thought of having Kid want to visit Bilson's grave; it was an interesting way to bring up Kid's  conflict-wondering if it was justified, but feeling he'd do it all over again if he had to. Nice inclusion of  a Dead Parrot!

ty pender
too much cough medicine-eh? The continuing saga behind the scene looks like it took on stream of consciousness this month. I laughed so hard I cried (I have a witness for that, right Kid4ever?). My favorite line: (I think it is one line) cold miserable  doey brown yes exude TEARS of grief/unease/disease rolling down side of dimpled cheek over sculpeted jaw line down tender neck of youth gone wrong where hanging rope may yet slice into skin ending all hop of 

InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:13 am

LOL, BeeJay, I love that you got the dead parrot reference!

Ty: Not at all sure how I go about commenting on this one except to say that I laughed my way through it. Are you sure you aren't taking Colorado's favorite medicinal for your cold?

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Inside Outlaw - What a story! I loved the talk between Heyes and Curry regarding Bilson and the Kid seeing himself as a killer. My favorite lines were:
The Kid grinned. “You really wanna know what I was thinkin’? I was thinkin’ it was kinda ironic that here Bilson was supposedly pushin’ up daisies and all that was growin’ was weeds. Kinda fittin’, isn’t it?”
Yep - very fitting for that Smiler! Cute line tying it to the challenge - very creative!

Ty Pender - That was... unique and clever! Don't know what else to say.... except, poor BeeJay!

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 am

RosieAnnie - You DID do it!  applause   I knew you could and you haven't lost your ability to write with your recent hiatus.  

That Heyes is so clever not doing what the lawman expects.  A drippy tent in a humdinger of a storm with an outlaw gang doesn't sound too appealing, even with Heyes and Curry in there.  Favorite line - He felt pretty sure Drucker would be rubbing his nose against the pearly gates on judgment day, looking inside and a-wishin' he'd treated people like him and his hard-working deputies a little better when he'd had the chance.  

Loved it!
 thumbsup

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Rosie Annie   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 pm

Rosie Annie
Absolutely love your description of the storm. Seems we all were very descriptive and our weather this time but I like that you chose a good old-fashioned thunderstorm. Enjoyed your descriptive sentences and fun use of time period Words. Your dialogue between the characters as ace high I always joy banter between the Devils hole gang and a true Hannibal Heyes plan. Ahhh we do not get to see them take the coach? Is this the opening to a longer story perhaps? Thank you for sharing it was very enjoyable.

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Penski   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 8:23 pm

Penski
Poor Hannibal sick on the road and nothing worse than being sick when you're traveling. I love that kid Curry has to use his outlaw for voice to get his partner listen to him. I always enjoy reading details because they flow so well you almost do not realize you are reading them. Great line about I feel so terrible just should be at the wood kid pulled his gun he says no I didn't really mean it. Great snort at the end but I read that he had passed his illness right onto kid who tried so desperately the day before to be helpful

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm playing "catch up" with all this month's story contributions reading

First up is Wichita Red with "Winter's Ailment":
I have a feeling I shall be sharing the "cold" feeling by the time I'm done reading these stories,  lol2
Enjoyed the visit with the Devil's Hole Gang; they're always good for a few grins.
Aww, it's almost Christmas, Heyes is moody, Kid is really sick and being extremely annoying and it's snowing! Yikes - all the ingredients for an explosion to happen.
Hmm, so far Kid's not giving in to Heyes. Doesn't he know that only makes Heyes more determined?
Lots of fun lines between the two.
You had some great descriptions as well.
I think one of my fav parts was: "Way I have it figured Kid, is if I don't get rest, I am certain to catch whatever is ailing you. Then we'll both lay here with this cave eventually becoming our tomb."
I knew Heyes would win in the end. After all, he did have Kid's best interest at heart.  sm

Next is Alias Alice: sunny
Your descriptive words are making me shiver...brrrr chill
Nice nod to "Red Dog" - one of my fav episodes! thumbsup
Poor Kid Sad How we all love to make him suffer! Twisted Evil
Aha - but things are not as they seem, hmm? huh
Nice twist to the end. Won't spoil it for others who might not have read it yet.
Great Job!

Our third submission is from InsideOutlaw:
Hmm, we start out in a cemetary. minz  scaredtodeath
Boy, Danny Bilson is sure getting a lot of attention this month (a VS story was done about him as well) wow
Ah...Kid's looking for justification of his own feelings. Good point.
Clever use of all the "death" references/phrases. Nice how you worked them all in one story.
Ah, and there it is at last...the tie-in with the "under the weather reference. I was wondering how you'd fit that in  sm

Fourth in line is our own Ty Pender:  wheel  
Boy, you must be taking some of the really "good stuff" as far as cough medicine is concerned. Mind sharing the name?  bottle
Ya never know when 'someone' jus' might be in need of somethin' to help chase what ails them high into the hills  Twisted Evil
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard  Laughing I actually had tears and had to pause several times before I finally made it to the end  lol2 I've even gone back to read it again, just so I could giggle as I pictured you under the influence of the cough syrup or cold remedy and trying to type...  panda even that brings a smile to my face Very Happy
Thank you  thankyou  so very much for the laughter - they say it's the best medicine and since I've been 'under the weather' myself as well, as far as I'm concerned, you accomplished a great feat in even being able to be as coherent as you were and figuring out how to push the send button to post - I'm simply amazed at what a person can do when they set their mind to it.
Very nice nod to Miz Calico's post  egcat
Oh, and that Joya photo is a hoot and a half...hope to hear more from her in the future sm
I'm sooooo glad you didn't let anyone beta/proof it before you posted - that would have ruined all the fun (snirt) Twisted Evil  
Again, muchas gracias for the grins & giggles  two thumbs

Our Fifth Victim (ASJ ref) um, writer, is RosieAnnie:  sm  
Oohh, we start off with some very interesting characters and one's a sheriff!  Shocked
And toss in some really nasty weather conditions...
AND the whole Devil's Hole gang all whomped up together in a tent...how cozy Very Happy
Expect the unexpected.
Great dialogue with all the characters and a nice little switch-up for the ending.
Another great job! two thumbs

Sixth in line for comments is Penski:yes  
Uh oh...another sick partner! Rolling Eyes
You just HAVE to feel sorry for Heyes...poor man  
They sure do get bossy with each other, don't they? sm
Talk about stubborn...sheesh, neither of 'em knows how to take advice very well  No
I had a few chuckles with Kid being so complacent with his partner. Not too overly concerned, he just kicks back and chillaxes until Heyes needs something  Twisted Evil  
Ah, nice turnabout for the ending; only fair to share  yes

**I'm just gonna go out on a limb with my hunch an' toss it out there...Was this, perchance, inspired by a recent bout of illness involving somebody we might know?**  lol2  

grouphug Great job, everyone!  bal

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 am

1) Hey, Wichita Red – long time no challenge!!! Consider yourself head rubbed for playing!!
Poor old Kid, sniffing and coughing – he has all our sympathy. Though he is clearly a wheezing grumpus of a big baby with his cold – whereas I am a brave, cheery little… Oops must shut up. Colin might read and disagree.
I am liking the ‘being elsewhere’ line – reminds me of Deadwood.
Like the ‘unbroken record’ tag line too.
Clapping cheerily, WR – the gals do like to see one of the boys good and sick.

2) Alias Alice
Hello! Another long time no challenge gal. Welcome one, welcome all.
The boys are right – nothing cheers you up like putting the kettle on. Kid is sick again. Told you the gals like that. Poor KC – here, take a tissue. Same remedy though – a little whiskey. I never got that! Oh, bait and switch tactics, huh, Alice? It is the dimpled one all hot and flushed and… excuse me.
Awww. Nice little short, Alice. Slipped down like warm honey.

3) InsideOutlaw
We love you regular challenge gals too, Inside.
Oooh – a little angst for Kid at Danny B’s grave side. I dunno that HH can criticise Kid’s top lip caterpillar rest home though, seeing how he lets a couple of the fellas roost on his sideburns. Oh bless you for the:
“It was just a shot in the dark.”
“Naw, it was daylight.”
mood lightener.
I’m liking the lines about no daisies only weeds too.
Has someone been checking out the old west synonyms for being worm meat here?? Good – enjoying them.
He has fallen off his perch. He has joined the choir invisible. He has snuffed it.
Lovely wordplay, Inside.

4) ty pender
I think two things – at least – about your challenge, Ty.
a) You are too dang clever by half!
b) You are teasing us of the ovary persuasion for our partiality for a little foam fun in stories.
However, how can any of be other than grateful for a little bathing Clint. Purrr.
Dear Heyes – I hope he made the most of all that NUANCE.
Doe-ey brown eyes? Guess it beats doughey … well, doughey anything on a man.
Hey, Kid – celebrate life – did I just get a whiff of ‘Fiddler on the Roof’?
If I can see what I want to see – may I see Heyes AND Clint?? Thank you.
Snirt!!! Not too snotty, so I will risk – another SNIRT!!

5) RosieAnnie
Don’t be too sure, Drucker – it’ll take more than a little storm to damp the spirits of (cue galloping music)…Heyes and that other fella.
“Drucker looked up to the heavens for help, but, as usual, found none there.” – loving that line.
Of course Rosie, something WILL go wrong tomorrow because, strangely enough, the most successful outlaws in the West rarely get away with the money. Snirt. Consider us set up.

6) Penski
Where would we be if no one dodged the wire??
Awww – poor Heyes. Bad pint? Nah – it’s never the beer, must be something in the water – nasty stuff!
The Kid’s right – plenty of fluids.
And now he’s passed it on to Kid. Double Awwwwwww. Nice two hander P.
Poor boys, you do all make them suffer.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:56 am

RosieAnnie: You so quickly paint your character with few words yet fully formed. Leave it to Heyes (and you) to second guess the sheriff and come up with a clever plan to confuse the law. As always, beautifully done.

Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:10 am

Penski: Sick on the trail? Oh, you are cruel! Poor Heyes thinks he's going to die alone in the bushes while the Kid pragmatically finishes the job. Nice deft hand with the hurt/comfort; Curry is caring but not too much. I wonder if Heyes did as well when it was his turn!

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:11 am

I waited till April 2nd to comment so you know I'm not foolin' around.  strcat

Wichita Red:  Yay! You're back! You haven't lost your facility for a good phrase. "Quiet as wolves on the hunt" , "I'm gonna tie you and throw you across him like a deer carcass". And pathos: "don't make me go to town." There's a world of hurt behind that last line, isn't there? I like the interplay between Heyes and Wheat, and of course, between Heyes and Curry. Good stuff, girlfriend!  

Alias Alice: Your description of the storm in the first paragraph is vivid. chill
And Curry is vulnerable to colds/flus every winter? A little foreshadowing for an episode here, and a good fit. But no, it's Heyes who go sick! He's not "fine." But he is better now. Looking forward to hearing from you again, Alice!

Inside Outlaw: Danny sure was a rotter. He's still disturbing Kid, even from his bury hole. But was he truly laid to rest? Methinks you were having fun with idioms here: give up the ghost, kicking the bucket, dead as a doornail, dance on his grave, and others. Now that Danny's six feet under, I guess Kid can bury the hatchet at last. lol2

RosieAnnie: Kind of okay. Not too bad for something cranked out in record time. At least you didn't embarrass yourself.  Higher expectations for next month, okay? spin

Ty Pender: Hey, don't feel it's necessary to live under the weather, okay? Only use "The Method" for your writing when it's about sunshine, lollipops and apple pie! Well, at least you got them in the hot tub and remembered the dimples!

Penski:  Oh man, I'm saving this story for when I feel like over-indulging in food. Very realistic! Nice show of the relationship between the partners, too. Curry does what he can to make Heyes more comfortable -- laying out the bedroll, taking care of Heyes' horse, getting more water for Heyes and encouraging him to drink -- but hey, they need to make money, too. Curry'll be back in a reasonable amount of time. Heyes is a little over-dramatic: "you're just leaving me to die?" "Just shoot me." A painful (for the characters) but nice (for the readers) interlude.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:57 pm

I am sending a hug to all the writers this month and apologising for not commenting on anyone's story. I am swamped at work with practical exams and so have not given you fine people the attention you deserve.
I am sure they were all brilliant.
I am sure they all deserve to win and will be made into sweeping films that deserve truck loads of Oscars.

two thumbs

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:51 am

Penski

Enjoyed this tale, especially because of the realistic-seeming and believable dialogue between the boys! Particularly liked the part where Heyes had to tell Kid he didn't really need shooting! - Typical of the way the boys still manage to be funny, even in an unfunny situation, like feeling really awful. The dialogue sounded like the way the boys talk.

Also liked the twist at the end!
Back to top Go down
Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:01 am

Rosie Annie

Very enjoyable story about both weather, and being under the weather.  Also being under canvas - another infallible Heyes plot, outsmarting the lawmen trying to catch him out.  You have to get up very early in the morning to outsmart Heyes.  -But the law tried staying up all night instead.  And that won't work either.  Very, very funny and amusing story!
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Alias Alice – Oh, I’m liking this story! Heyes sure is protective of his younger cousin / friend. Love this family, especially with Janey shadowing Jed. Thank goodness the boys were around to help with the baby being born early. Curious why the boys liked the names Joshua and Thaddeus. Cute ending!

Hmm… are you in the boys are cousins or friends camp, Alias Alice?

sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Comments for March Challenge Stories:

WichitaRed - How nice that you popped in to share with us this month!  I particularly liked the closing of your story, with HH and KC's discussion coming very close to, "You worry about staying on your horse and I'll worry about staying on mine!"  thrown

Alias Alice - Howdy!  We don't get to hear from you too often.  Glad you dropped in to play this month.  My favorite lines:  
"Kid!" he croaked.  "How are you?"
The Kid managed to smile.  "How am I?" he said.  "I'm fine.  I think the real question is how are you?"
sparkleshoe

InsideOutlaw - I enjoyed this dark yet compelling challenge very much.  Very different take on the prompt.  Is Curry a killer?  Yes, and you did a great job of showing us how he is trying to come to grips with that fact.  Well done!cigar

Ty - Sorry you've been sick.  Hope by now you're feeling much better.  I liked Roy best in this challenge.  He's quite a perceptive fella.  "The viewers are going to see what they want to see."samovar

RosieAnnie - So glad to hear from you this month!  I enjoyed your characters.  You introduced us to them well even in this short piece.  I liked HH and KC's plan too.  Smart fellas, smart Rosie!applause

Penski - Poor Heyes!  The Kid is very kind to his ailing partner.  Patient too.  Uh-oh, I've just read the last line.  Let's hope Heyes can be just as kind and patient!  Two thumbs up! two thumbs

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

I will try to read as you post this month.
Alias Alice..loved the boys on the farm. Loved Jed being put on the spot. And I think I might have an idea what she packed for them to eat too. :)
Nice one. two thumbs

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 am

Thank you anyone who has been kind enough to say something about my challenges! It is so lovely to think that someone is actually reading them.

I am so thick . . . ('thick' - do you say that in the US, to mean stupid, as we do on this side of The Pond?) . . . I'm so thick that when I write something about the boys, I think there's only going to be me will ever read it, because I don't know how to post it. Now Beejay and Penski have sorted that out for me. The easiest method of posting in the world, by the way, isn't it! Even I can't go wrong! So it's lovely to be read. And to read sometimes kind remarks about the stories later. Thank you!

(Penski - to answer your question. I think the boys are cousins. But they also happen to be the very best of friends, too, closer than brothers!)
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm

RosieAnnie:

Nicely written two scene short story. Thatcher sure has some fit and ready deputies there, doesn't he?! Very Happy
Good set up for the second scene: we know the gang isn't going to do what Thatcher expects, but have to wait to find out the plan. Wheat and Kyle doing what they do best. Lots of fun. two thumbs

Penski:

S(l)ickly written. I expected the boys to be sick in a lot of the under the weather stories, but I didn't expect that! I was glad I read that after I ate and not before! I could certainly empathize with Heyes: Just leave me alone, isn't that the truth. And of course, the Kid gets his turn at the end. two thumbs

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Ty: I assume that's your entry for the month. Well, brevity is the soul of something, I suppose. It's certainly the briefest challenge I've ever read.bottle

Enjoyable story, Alias Alice. It was a sweet one too, without being saccharine-just right. I like this exchange: 'Little chickens and eggs!'  Which were you going to say came first, by the way?”  

“Oh, shut up!” said the scarlet-cheeked Jed, turning away.  He had a feeling that the day with Janey was going to be a very long day.  It was.

I think you managed quite a few chicken references in this one. Clever.

Ah, George got his son. 

I hope the supper Elspeth packed wasn't Martha! Good one!thumbsup

Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks for comments, Beejay.

It WASN'T Martha, by the way!

Back to top Go down
Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:28 am

Penski - Loved this story. Loved the picture of family life that we got, with Kid's mother baking and trying to keep tabs on the hens (and on Jed. Trying to get him to keep his hat on, and his pants clean). And loved the way that Heyes was the big brother, helping Jed to do the job. And using his brains, as always, to make it easy. Already he's looking after Jed - picking up his hat and putting it on his head, and putting his arm around him to encourage him. I loved it.

Glad they got off to the creek at the end!

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:04 am

1) Alias Alice
Awwwww – poor younger Kid. Can we all feed him up?
Do we need to dangle a needle over Elspeth and see whether it goes back and forth or round and round??
Quadruple Awwwws – Jed is gonna baby sit. (Aiming at your market here, Alias Alice)
Loving the line about which came first chickens or eggs.
The boys have got Martha packed in their sandwiches to take away???!!!!
Ah you've told Beejay no. But... that means they're eating - gulp - Gladys.
Got us right in the maternal sector there, Alias.

2) Penski
Even younger versions of our boys!! ‘Truly, mesdames ambassadors, you are spoiling us!’.
Work smarter, not harder??!! Sheesh, HH, the times I’ve tried to trick – I mean train – clients into believing that one!
Oh, clever Heyes. Mind you, maybe Ma Curry wanted it to take forever just to keep Jed quiet??
Oh, no. I was expecting her to be all cross with Han because he cut short her keeping them occupied for ages plan.

3) Remuda
Hey! It is the wire dodger extra-ordinaire!
Is that really you in the corner getting all squished up against Kid Curry? Thought so.
Mrs. Bellows may be grumpy but she’s not too far out on the characteristics of fellas calling themselves Smith and Jones.
Adoring the dime novel leaving off that other fella’s name.
So what is in store for Mrs. Bellows? Redemption or come-uppance ??
Very, very visual scene Ms. Wire-D.

Back to top Go down
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 10:35 am

Thank you writers, one and all for keeping us entertained with your challenge entries! I appreciate the ASJ escape they provide.thankyou

Alias Alice - I was sort of looking forward to hearing Jed's explanation to Janey's question. Very Happy This was a very sweet chicken tale.

Penski - Math lessons from chickens? Well, they say a great teacher makes due with the supplies available. Maybe Hannibal Heyes missed his calling. Very enjoyable read, Penski!sm

Remuda - I certainly would have been "content" experiencing this stage ride! I chuckled when the Kid stirred upon hearing his real name mentioned. Very entertaining read! stage

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next