Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22

Go down 
+16
EleanorW
calicole
Gan Ainm
Remuda
Nebraska Wildfire
InsideOutlaw
WichitaRed
sistergrace
Maz
Kid4ever
Dan Ker
Nightwalker
MoulinP
Penski
Calico
RosieAnnie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Penski
Penski

Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 pm

Rosie Annie - Love how you continued your December challenge.  That Clem is one lucky gal to call Heyes and Curry friends.  What a cute scenario you gave us of the three of them drinking and soaking sore feet from dancing too much (I have a hot tub they could come use).  Sweet how they drank to absent (gone) friends and to friendship.  Loved it!  sm

nm131 - You're back!  We've missed your ASJ writing!  I did love the Canada challenges and this was the perfect missing scene.  You did a wonderful job showing the Kid's many emotions, especially the loneliness and being always on guard.  The ending was unexpected but great.  Heyes comes waltzing in like normal, without missing a beat.  Can't mess with this partnership, governor!  applause

nm131

nm131

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 4:40 pm

rachel_74_1 - I can see how the early season 3 episode led to this melancholy offering Their relationship seemed a little more cutting  with frustration with each other and with their situation a little more evident. You did a good job of expressing the wearing of the soul what a year's separation and the time of year did to the partners. Thank the Lord for a compassionate concerned Sister and a wise Clem. I liked the glimmer of renewal at the end.

Eleanor Ward - Your story is your usual fine writing and this one gave me a strong sense of loss and regret. How easy it was for two strong-willed proud men to let the emotional strain of their quest for amnesty push them into actions that they are two obstinate to back down from. Here we see Kid's perspective with the clear regret, foreboding regarding Heyes, and the almost desperation to make right the actions of the foolish escalation of a situation that in other times could have been overcome. It was an emotional and realistic read and didn't offer an easy resolution.

Rosie-Annie  - I have a lot of catching up to do, which includes reading all the previous challenges I missed. However, even without  the prior story set-up. I enjoyed your story. I could easily picture the scene between the three friends. It is also easy to relate the discussion of the changing of friendships through loss or life's ever changing situations. I especially liked the discussion about Charlie O'Rourke.

Penski - It's always a treat to read your stories and this one was no different. I'm delighted this is a series of stories and will go back to read them all. I can't wait to see them all in one place as a coherent work. Deputy Smith and Sheriff Jones - I wonder how that happened. Nice action with a boys will be boys scenario. I'm sure the Sheriff and Deputies (Deputy Lobo !?) can relate to the adventuresome, thrill seeking youngsters. Good thing Heyes is so thin for the rescue. Thanks for the entertainment.

EleanorW and Penski like this post

Back to top Go down
EleanorW

EleanorW

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 5:57 am

Rachel_74_1: A clever idea to have Kid write to Clem, and Heyes’ hope for a reunion on reading it. Very enjoyable story.

Rosie-Annie: I liked the continuation of the theme from December’s challenge. I could just see them all sitting around soaking their aching feet and making a toast to absent friends, living and dead. Very apt for the time of year.

Penski: Another fun tale for Sheriff Jones & Deputy Smith A very enjoyable read!

Nm131: I haven’t read your earlier version but this read just as well without having done so. Would love to know what happened next!

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://eleanorward.wixsite.com/asjfics
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 8:09 am

NM131: Wow, you really took me back to Yellowstone Lake with your descriptions of the scene. Poor Kid, on his lonesome, and unable to break that darn honesty habit. I can see that he might be denied amnesty because of his reputation as a gunman, where Heyes would get the amnesty. It's nice to see they are still partners, reunited at last.

Penski: At the risk of repeating myself, I'm really enjoying this series. Good use of the prompt, too. I like the image of Lobo carrying the boy on his back so they could get to the school faster. That short scene when Curry goes to get Heyes, and they reminisce about their own boyhood adventures, is a nice insight into the characters. With their quick action rescuing the boys they're going to be real heroes in that town. Why does that thought make me fear it's all going to end badly?

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dan Ker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 am

3) RosieAnnie

Clem and the boys together are always fun. This time, Clem's straight forward way, though in an inebriated state, is quite the challenge for Heyes.
I like your idea, after a light hearted introduction, all of them "sober" figuratively. Good transition.

To think about absent friends, some of them absent forever, can dampen the mood.
It's interesting how Clem and the boys, belonging to different social groups, experience the loss of a friend differently. Clem's social environment changed in a way she feels lonely now. And Heyes and Curry see how fast life can be over for them, too. To be left behind alone isn't so unlikely now.

But, self centered as Clem is, she questions their suffering about Charlie's lost. Her rude remark, Charlie deserved what he got, was rather pointed.
Fine to see that it was Curry who prevents an argument. It's him, not the silver tongue, who makes her realize what's behind their idea.
She comes to the conclusion that the boys, who also made some bad choices in their lives, could have been the ones she could have lost. And then she really would have been alone on New Year's Dance, if these 'friends' would have been 'absent', too.

4) nm131

Though I haven't read your challenge story 'Canada', I could follow your short scene.
This month's prompt suited the situation you suggest Heyes and Curry are in. Very likely that they would separate with only one of them getting amnesty and the chance to lead a normal life.
I feel sorry for Curry, who is the one with bad luck, double bounty on his head and a much better description of his outer appearance.

I like your consideration that he is more easily to identify because of his liking for a bigger, dark-coated horse. As well as the thought that an landscape always stays the same, but the person, who looks at it, can change and look with different eyes at it.

I also like your description and comparison of his body language with his present psychological condition.
Fine to imagine that despite of his pondering to return to DH, he instinctively feels that's not the life he would like to lead again. And perfect in character, he isn't one to break a promise.
Beautiful based on the basics of the series, Curry's realization of "The honesty habit is hard to break. Who would have thought that?"

I like Heyes' choice to approach quite openly the man he is looking for.
Full of trust in his friends behavior not to shoot first until he knows for sure who is approaching his camp.

You may feel a little rusty after a longer pause of writing.
But I can assure you, you haven't forgotten how to make use of words.
Very good structured sentences and the ability to describe a scenery together with inner feelings result in a story of fine writing style of higher quality.
Wonderful promising, open end.
Congratulation.

5) Penski

What I like best of your story is the picture I get from Curry acting as sheriff; always on the alert and willing to fulfill his duty. He is the one who is organizing what is necessary to get the search started.
On the other hand, Heyes is the one who is handling the fine stuff.
Just one suggestion regarding continuity: Curry and Heyes don't know where the old mine is, they meet with Lobo on the road north of the mine. You don't mention they approach the mine; that would have been smoother, but just a small thing... Very typical the moment when they reach the mine Heyes participates actively in the search.

I very much like the fact that Heyes isn't too eager to go down the hole but needs a little encouragement in form of convincing he has a better stature than Lobo.
But once he decides, he does the best he can. I am a little surprised that Heyes can diagnose a broken rib. A broken leg is more obvious.
Anyway, he has seen a lot of injuries in their past, I guess..
And it's true, until now, they are really on the lucky side of life to have survived an exciting childhood and a dangerous life.

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 9:46 am

1) Rachel
Hello there Rachel…One of our two December bandanny winners.
Did you give your half of the boys a nice Quiet January? Nice and socially distanced? Lots of hand washing? Lots of everything washing? With suds? You did – good.

Ah, story set with the boys apart? My heart twangs already.
Yes, lots of little rows can build up, huh?
Awww – the Kid is helping out at an orfanlage and being loved by all. Aww. But of course he is missing Heyes. What a touching little short that was, Rachel. Thank you.

2) EleanorW

And hello to our second December bandanny winner! Did you and Rachel share nicely? Of course you did. No tugging on the boys – they bruise like peaches.

Oh! Once again our boys have parted company. Mind you, I guess the challenge prompt does open that up.

Yes, we know dear Kid does worry about being a blocker on Heyes’ amnesty. And we can see them both standing silent on a train platform.

Now, are we going to find that while the Kid has been searching for Heyes, Heyes has been searching for him and they keep missing each other? Oh no. Just a poignant toast on News Year’s Eve with Lom. That was very simple but very touching, Eleanor. Come on Heyes – Come find him.

3) RosieAnnie

Hello there Rosie.

Oooh I like a foot bath. I like sherry. And, d’you know what – neither is banned in lock down. Feeling envious at a New Year Eve spent dancing.

Bless Kid! I am sure we have many Curryettes who would be delighted to have him working the room and flashing baby blues.

Awww – nice working in of regrets for Charlie O’Rourke. Him listening to the Cowboy Lament always gives me a lump in my throat.

Oh, I like the toast to absent AND present friends very much. Clapping.

4) Nm131

Hello there Nell – great to see you dusting off the old keyboard.

Ah, we Heyes pardoned and poor old Kid still wanted. Oh dear!! No… he even has to consider giving up his beloved horse to avoid being recognised? Can’t even keep a four legged friend. Oh, that’s better – they are both heading North and not back to the Hole.

Clapping!! Heyes has found him. And they can journey together. What a heart warming end there.

5) Penski

Oh Penski, you utterly faithful and reliable one always.

Ohh, where are Bobby and Joe? Are they up to no good like our boys might have been once. Awww, Love Lobo giving a piggy back. Love him altogether actually.

Come on Heyes and Kid – go do your hero stuff.

Down you go, Heyes – one of the boons of being skinny. And dear Kid being so organised with the rope and the weight. Heyes too, doing the splint. They are good – proper Sherriff and Deputy material.

And you leave us with the lovely idea of our hero deputy in a hot tub. Lovely to see the boys doing good and being appreciated.
Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Penski; I sure will miss Russell Gulch too. Great fun.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
https://www.rachel74asj.com/om/website
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:53 am

Dan Ker – You can out to play – YAY! applause Oh, an outlaw story and they have a new recruit, Jake. He’s cute the way he blushes. That’s odd that the bartender has a bottle of whiskey and two glasses ready for the gal to take upstairs with her client. Of course, the Kid is in the back always on watch. Cute how Jake’s horse nearly bumped in to Heyes’ with the quick stop. Always the gentlemen helping others in need. No… Jake had loose lips? Maybe that’s why the bottle of whiskey. Love how the lawman calls Jake a “no-good Romeo”. Heyes has a short memory from long ago flash up? Like how Heyes smooth talks to find out more about Ted. That saloon and gals aren’t gonna get much business if they report everything to the sheriff. I don’t like this sheriff one bit as he uses threats to get his way. CLITTERHOUSE – no wonder I don’t like him! Like how the Kid knew where his gun was stowed. Nooo… Jake was shot in the back? He probably wasn’t even wanted. Of course, Heyes has blind rage and attacks Clitterhouse. And another new recruit. Very good story, Dan! thumbsup

InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 12:02 pm

Penski:  I need to go back and get the backstory on Sheriff Jones and Deputy Smith!  This installment was well done and I could easily pick up the story and enjoy it. It’s not hard to imagine Heyes and the Kid being the perfect instructors for a new lawman. They know every trick I. The book. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Dan Ker: It’s great to see you writing! And what a good story, too. You set it up nicely with Jake’s amorous evening creating serious consequences. I was surprised the sheriff turned out to be Clitterhouse and your tale serves up a reason for the animosity we see between him and Heyes in Jailbreak in Junction City. Poor Jake’s murder is something Heyes and the Kid could never forgive. Nicely done!

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Inside Outlaw - What a wonderful short tale! My heart skipped a beat when Kyle fell. Of course, the Kid would've reacted and ran into danger to help a friend. Heyes' nonchalant attitude had me smiling. No worries... They have Kyle. Loved it! sm

Dan Ker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 8:50 am

1) Penski

You found a fitting end for your small enjoyable small series.
It was fun to see the boys in their respective roles.
Kid certainly would have been a fine sheriff, with all his instincts, as well being friendly as intimidating.
I liked that Heyes seemed to get used to his second position. Instinctively he wanted to take over to lead the conversation with Logan, just to realize in time it's the sheriff's part to do.
Logan will be a worthy follow-up. Someone who wants to make sure he does everything right by making so many notes - it's bound to work this way!
Logan's life and future turned out to be promising.
Another good deed from Heyes and Curry - they have paved the way for him.
I'm glad the boys aren't out of training to hightail out of town, all richer of one more experience.
Thanks for your entertaining series.

2) InsideOutlaw

A fine little scene which captures a short moment in the life of the DHG.
I am wondering what the bet was... Nevertheless, an accident wasn't involved and they were all happy Kid rescued Kyle.
I like how you represent their distribution of roles.
Kid being the one, who is responsible for all members - and no way he would allow their "dynamite expert" to get hurt if he could prevent it.
I love to imagine him standing there braced against the stone. His question "satisfied?" might suggest he wasn't too fond of Heyes idea, but he would never openly critizise one of Heyes' incredible plans...
When fun turned deadly earnest - good for the leader to stay calm. And so I would have loved to see him in his offhanded manner and I'm sure, his casual "all clear" speaks volumes.
Back to top Go down
nm131

nm131

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:00 am

Penski - I love this series, or what I have read of it. I hope to see it all in one place sometime soon. I'd agree with Heyes and Curry about missing Russel Gulch and the cast of characters inhabiting it. Thank you for the laughs. LOL, the first thing Kid says he has to do to train Logan as a sheriff is the Paperwork? He sure was getting the best lessons on how not to let prisoner escape by the two best in the business.

Dan Ker - Oh good, an outlaw story. Well that sure explains what a B**t**d Clitterhouse is and the resulting animosity the partners have for him. Woe to man who really angers Heyes and he never forgets. Thank you for the well written and gripping backstory. It certainly conveyed strong emotions when I read it and showed a glimpse of the partners underlying deceny.

Inside Outlaw - Great short story with Kyle. I could easily picture this happening and the expressions on all the men's faces. Yep, Heyes takes everything in stride. I
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 11:22 am

nm131 - I love this short story and great take on the prompt "all clear"! The bantering at the beginning - quit being a kid - had me laughing. Fun line - "You may need come swooping in to save the day. You’re good at that.” Heyes should know better that his partner isn't going to just wait around. Sorry, Heyes, but I really don't think Montgomery was believing you. LOVED Curry's “Right behind you.” Yep, the Kid was all clear about the plan, just didn't go with it. Wonderful challenge! So happy you're writing again! yes

rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments    Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Dan Ker: Nice outlaw story, No wonder they ain't fond of Clitterhouse.
Inside Outlaw: Funny, I can see this very clearly. Enjoyed this.
nm131: I loved the bantering at the start, How old are you? LOL. Enjoyable story.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
https://www.rachel74asj.com/om/website
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 10:24 am

1) Penski
But, but, but … Penski is never first out of the gate!!

Awww, I have been liking Sheriff Jones and dear Logan.
Good. We have been following the arc to dear Logan being a settled married Sheriff – glad he said yes.
Smiling at learning from the best how not to let prisoners escape.

Oh bless. The adoption has gone through. (Apparently, according to some friends who adopted, they got a judge who let the children bang his gavel to make it official – smile. You could add that in to your fanfic version, huh?)

This is so heart-warming – our pretty good men made good.

And the traditional shot of a Sheriff checking wanted posters. Awww.

Clapping hard here, Penski.

2) Dan Ker

Hello there Dan Ker! It’s been a few months. (Mind you, I should talk.)

Ooooh, a tin star and an evil grin. Not the best combination for our boys. And, he’s using a Samaritan Snare … sneaky. (Mind you – when Heyes is sneaky we call it ingenious, smile.)

Tut, tut Jake – Pillow Talk has been your downfall.

Oh! This is Clitterhouse! One of our future villains. And the boys only $3000 each, so a good while ago.

Getting tense here, Dan Ker, as Clitterhouse wakes up. Oh no! Poor Jake. That caught me by surprise.

And you are showing us dangerous Heyes as he warns C off for the future.

Tense stuff, Dan Ker. Tense indeed.

3) InsideOutlaw

Waves at Inside!!
Oooh, Kyle and dynamite – what could be better?

Kid! You Hero!!!

I love this short! Love the heroism from Kid. Love the Heyes hiding the loot plan. And love the “We’ve got Kyle.” – quip solution at the end.

That was great.

4) nm131

Hello there NM

Ah, another traditional delivery job for Colonel Harper – that man could keep parcel force going.

Hmmm – splitting up. Not very far, but still – splitting up. Bad things happen.

I am loving that Heyes smacks straight into the Sheriff while looking out in the wrong direction. And off he goes, talking up a storm. Oh dear, that back fired since Montgomery remembers his voice.

Here comes Kid to the rescue. Nice.

Clapping hard at the All Clear for the plan in the NEXT town.

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Penski: I'm sorry to see the end of this delightful series. Can't wait to see if all in one place! Charming as always.

Dan Ker: There's a big difference between a pretty good bad man and a really truly bad man, and you showed that here. Clitterhouse is an amoral piece of poo-poo. I'm glad that young Ted will be safe for a while. I feared that Jake was coming to a bad end but was sorry to see it.

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Inside Outlaw: LOL! When I think of Kyle and dynamite, I think, enthusiasm doesn't equal skill. I love how casual Heyes is -- just another day with Kyle and how things "blowed up real good."

NM131: I think the moral of the story might be, always assume your opponent is smarter -- and maybe has a better memory -- than you think. Don't underestimate your opponents! Now that sheriff will never forget our heroes.

Back to top Go down
Dan Ker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 3:32 am

4) nm131

I very much like the structure of your story, cleverly done.
In the introduction they are standing before a signboard dusty and tired. Then the main plot.
And at the end they are standing before another signboard VERY tired and dusty. And more experienced. That's a fine framework.

Well written discussion between Heyes and Curry, both good in character with your chosen descriptions like "overly optimistic, taking no notice of his partners opinion, placating smile, mullish cohort, setting of the jaw" . That's vivid writing style.
The way you describe Heyes' behavior shows his typical arrogance, fully convinced of himself.
Great sentences "I blend in better anyway" and "you don't have to like it; you only have to follow it." And so his question "are we all clear?" is a rather rhetorical one. It almost serves him right to get in a predicament.
He really can be thankful for his partner, who fortunately has his own opinion and certainly doesn't grumble the first time about his behavior! But I very much like how Kid points out "I said I was clean on the plan not that I agree with it."
I'm glad Heyes seems to be able to learn... His emphasize of "we all clear on that?" is meant differently now. Good play of words and matching use of the prompt.
Back to top Go down
calicole

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 7:48 pm

Penski
  I think I missed some of the back story, I'll check to see what I haven't read. I liked this story very much and it was sweet that the boys were there for the adoption and the wedding. They did have to make a run for it but it was good they went one way and Dillon went the opposite.
Back to top Go down
calicole

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Dan Ker
  Very good story of their history with Clitterhouse. In the episode it's pretty clear that Heyes doesn't care for the sheriff and this would explain why. Shooting someone unarmed in the back would leave a bad impression of any man. Poor Jake, he never got his chance to become a solid member of the gang. Heyes' fury at the unnecessary murder of a young man who probably hadn't really broken the law was reasonable. Kid's suggestion to take Ted with them was a wise choice, no telling what Clitterhouse would have done to the boy. I wonder if Ted will join the gang or find another path.
Back to top Go down
calicole

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 8:00 pm

Inside Outlaw
I had a moment of panic when Kyle fell but the Kid was there to rescue him. Funny they buried the loot and I loved Kid wondering how they were going to reclaim it and Heyes' smiling 'We've got Kyle'. Excellent short story.
Back to top Go down
calicole

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 8:05 pm

NM131
  Great story, loved the back and forth one word argument between the boys. Kid never did agree to follow the plan and it's a good thing for Heyes that he didn't. Loved his response 'Right behind you'. Great story, really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 5:56 am

Nm131: I love me a good jailbreak! Heyes’ confidence certainly got him into trouble this time. It’s always a mistake to underestimate your opponent (and over-estimate yourself). 👍🏻

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Rachel 741 - I really loved this story. Amnesty was an end all, especially for the fastest gun in the west. I can see folks accepting Heyes more than Curry. I held my breath until Heyes jumped up and joined his partner saying he would leave, too (good man, Heyes). Really showed the connection between the partners... well, once Heyes' eyes were opened. This was a wonderful line - Because now as he played the last few weeks back with new eyes, everything clicked into place like the tumblers on a Brooker. Wonderful take on the prompt! two thumbs

rachel741 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next