Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022

Go down 
+7
nm131
Leah_Anders
Kattayl
rachel741
Nebraska Wildfire
sistergrace
RosieAnnie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
rachel741

rachel741

Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 11:59 pm

Kattayl- that was cute. Nice opening image and I loved the idea of them hiding and enjoying a fine bottle of wine. Fun challenge.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

Penski and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.rachel74asj.com/om/website
Kattayl

PostSubject: review for Rachel / fine vintage   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 2:54 pm

Enjoyed this story especially the telegrams between the boys and Lom!

Penski and rachel741 like this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: A Fine Vintage:   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 3:44 pm

Kattayl: I really liked this one. I'm really glad they found that room. Of course Kid would think of those ladies wearing the dresses he found on hanging on the rack and of course Heyes would be drawn to a locked chest. Sounds like that bottle of wine helped them pass the time til the law was gone.

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Kid's Sister - A fifth entry to the monthly challenge - thank you!  The more the merrier!  Love that they got amnesty and Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry are doing so well and with big families.  Love that they are close by, too.  Nice challenge! yes

rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 2:03 am

Kid's Sister. Glad they got amnesty, have good lives and live close.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 10:32 pm

Penski. Cute story. Sounds a tasty meal. Enjoyed this.

Carl Sagan

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: A Fine Vintage   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Penski: I really liked the feel of this story. It was great seeing the three of them just enjoying each others company, there was no drama or wondering what the others might be up to.

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 3:35 am

Hello there folks, unless I am much mistaken, we have six entries this month - which is the most for - well, for a while!.

Let me order up my tea and make a start.

1) Kathy

Hello there Kathy! Methinks this is your first challenge? Welcome indeed.

Ooooh, is this a gun from the Kid's past? Did it belong to a relative? (Let us presume it did not belong to a blueberry, smile.)

OH - we have a flash from the series past - Tommy Tabscott

Oh clever, - a fine vintage of blueberries.

2) Hello there, Leah Anders

So why is dear Heyes refusing a glass of vintage wine?

Ah, he is in chivalrous rescue mode.
And, do we have the Kid playing back up? Yes, but a tad late!

Awww - they donate the vintage pistols to Anna, but as Kid says, at least they have the wine

3) Hello to you Rachel

So, are we about to see a subtle house robbery? From a vintage plan?

We are! A very subtle house robbery.

Awww, Kid, are you feeling a little disappointed in yourself? Although obviously the doing a bit of good too helps damp that down.

4) And hello to you, Kattayl

Oh, I want a name (or nick name) like Badlands !! That is one impressive name.

Well, we are all grateful to Lady Angelica! The boys are safe - and enjoyed a bottle of vintage wine to boot.

5) And many greetings to Kid's Sister

And we have a Tom and Jerry situation with a rogue mouse ... It is never just one mouse though!

She's broken a hip! That will be agony, and ages to heal. Ages. Oh dear.

Well, Mary is an exceedingly kind lady's maid if she agrees to do cleaning and cooking.

Awww, and our own original Heyes has ordered champagne of his very own birth year vintage. Lovely.

6) And a final hello to our faithful Penski

Hey, we are visiting Clementine.

I knew you were teasing her boys! Loads of money!

You can indeed have an excellent bottle of wine from the Napa valley !! (Not that it would be a lot cheaper than French now - not over here anyhow - smile)

Well, that was lovely - a good time had by all.

Penski, rachel741 and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Retirement   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm

Kattayl:  I liked it a bunch.  That plan wasn't complicated at all, worked real well.  Lom was betting off not knowing what the plans were for after the trial.  I guess since they didn't actually say that they were marshals, they didn't technically break the law.

Kat:  I really liked this even in they were in the story very much.  Has a lot to do with a conversation I had yesterday with friends.  Great timing.  Godly intervention very likely played a big part of what happened,  How else do you explain how a little old lady from Boston being on a train in the west getting robbed and having  flyer with her on amnesty.  Thank you.

Penski:  Love reading about Sam and Joe.  Heyes had a good story for all of Kid's injuries, just hope he doesn't get injured and the Doc sees his scars, might make him wonder about them.  Since his injury may not ever heal good enough to keep working in the livery, it is a good idea to sell it and stay closer to home.  They do take good care of each other don't they.?

Rachel741: I liked this one. I can see Lom understanding them getting into his office but questioning if they were seen, really Lom they are really good at what they do/did. Going back to outlawing would be a huge mistake but the way they are having to live isn't good either and they are right, even now they could be captured and sent to prison or worse and they haven't broken the law in years. Looks like Lom is headed to Cheyenne.

Last edited by ingin6 on Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

rachel741, Kat and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

Kattayl - Of course it would be Wheat and Kyle who get identified and charged with a crime they, for once, didn't do. Love eliciting Lom's assistance in the Hannibal Heyes plan to get them off - Heyes knew Lom owed Wheat and wouldn't say no. I had to laugh at the measures Heyes and the Kid took to NOT be impersonating marshals as they broke their gang members out of jail. I had never heard of retire in that context so thanks for explaining it at the end. Very clever and wonderful challenge! applause

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kattayl

PostSubject: Retirement    Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

Penski I feel every pain that Joe feels in that knee. Makes me glad we live in a time that an artificial knee can fix that.

Forced retirement from the livery opens up different challenges and adventures for out boys Sam and Joe. I do enjoy reading about their lives

Penski likes this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 am

Kattayl. Typical its Wheat and Kyle in trouble, and not even doing what they've been accused off. Love how Kid and Heyes are so careful not to impersonate Marshals. Interesting use of retirement. Heard it before, so nicely used.

Penski, I always enjoy your Sam and Joe stories. Poor Joe, but at least his and Sam's life allows for accommodation of a life limiting injury, and they have each other. Nicely done.

Carl Sagan

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am

Kat - Thanks for coming out to play with us this month - hope to see you again real soon.  What a sad tale Dr. Crandall tells the readers.  His family dies in an epidemic and he loses his second chance of a family when trying to separate Hannibal and Jed.  I wonder if the boys think of him when they choose Joshua and Thaddeus (son Thad) for names.  Too bad they didn't recognize him and chat.  His prayer came true possibly - love that last line.  Very good challenge!  yes

Rachel - I can definitely see Heyes and the Kid get tired of their lives while trying for amnesty - same kind of town - same kind of hotel room - same kind of saloon, etc.  If they weren't bored, they were running for their lives from a posse or bounty hunter.  I like that Lom saw the despair when the Kid suggested they just turn themselves in and he realized he didn't want to see that happen when they fulfilled their part of the deal.  Yep, time to go visit the governor and put some pressure on him.  Meanwhile, a few days of rest would do the boys some good.  Loved this!
 two thumbs

rachel741, Kat and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Kattayl

PostSubject: Retirement Dr. Crandall   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 8:26 pm

KAT: Loved the story told from his point of view for the most part. What different life they would have had if he had just adopted both... May we be treated to an epilogue sometime when Heyes finally remembers Dr. Crandall's face and the part he had played in their early life.

Kat likes this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 pm

Kat. Aww, what a melancholy tale of lost chances, nicely done. I wonder if the memory of the Doc and his lost son played some part in the names the boys chose for themselves.

Carl Sagan

Kat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:45 am

Hello one and all...

RETIREMENT / RETIRING

I am looking, wistfully, at the door, hoping some tea may appear.
Let us see what lovely contributions we have this month.

1) Kattayl

Hello to you Kattayl,

Ooooh, Wheat and Kyle held for trial... Now, if they had shot themselves in the foot, I might believe it was them - smile.

They can't exactly use 'We were busy with another robbery that day... ' as an alibi though, can they.

OH - I see. Clever. Dear old Lom. We do love him.

AH - and of course they are still wanted so the boys have a plan to collect them.

And they never even told lies - smile.

Very, very clever Kattayl.

2) Penski

Another Sam Anderson (Heyes) and Joe Barton (Kid Curry) story for you to enjoy.

Ooooh, the Kid has been injured. Ouch, ouch at a wrenched knee.

And Heyes to be reading aloud while the Kid convaleses - lovely.

Oh dear, that knee has gone for good! (Mind you, knees do...)

Aww, end of an another era - but Kid can still have an outside life with animals.

We do love them being happy in their peaceful later life.

3) Kat

Hello to you, Kat.

Awwww... what a shame the boys ran away. They'd have been just fine as near neighbours.
How sad 'what ifs' can be.

Very clever and understated ending there - maybe coincidence the boys retirement came so soon after the Doctor's wish, or just maybe not.
VERY touching, Kat.

4) Rachel

And hello to you, Rachel.

Ah, lovely bad coffee banter... "So long as I don't gotta drink it..."

Oh, poor boys - so frustrated and no end in sight.

And, poor Lom too, as there is nothing he can really do to help.

Hold on, boys, all we ladies are on your side!!

Penski, rachel741 and Kat like this post

Back to top Go down
Kattayl

PostSubject: Retirement Another roll of the dice   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:40 pm

Hi ingin6,

The boys could always talk Lom into almost anything. This time he talked them into one more roll of the dice! But no matter how many chances they give Amnesty it never seems to come
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022   Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck Comments - from 2nd May 2022
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8