Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricaine Sandy

Go down 
+6
skykomish
Maz
Penski
sistergrace
Ghislaine Emrys
InsideOutlaw
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

I know times are tough, but if you can afford to give to the storm relief effort a couple of good organizations are
http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn_2.nsf and www.catholiccharitiesusa.org.

Apparently they do some good on the ground.

When I was in Louisiana after Katrina, it was the church groups that provided much of the hands-on aid that people needed. If anyone knows of local relief efforts fort Sandy and this following storm , can you put up links to them?

skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:37 pm

When the tornadoes uprooted and tossed ten trees in our yard, the Evangelical Free Church sent in tree cutters and helping hands to pull down the dangerous limbs and trees in our yard. They were wonderful. They had experts who cut down the hanging limbs and disentangled leaning and uprooted trees. They arrived with chain saws and many helping hands and cleared our yard.

I don't have a direct web link, but looking at their website, I found some information. They are running disaster relief teams for hurricane Sandy out of the Beacon Evangelical Free Church in Galloway NJ. If you need help with downed and dangerous trees in the hurricane Sandy area, call that church. If they are organized as they were here after the tornadoes, they will have someone contact you and arrange to clear your yard. They were an amazing blessing for us.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 am

We just had a 4.3 earthquake here!

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 am

Sorry to hear about your accident Beejay. Glad you weren't hurt :) (I've gotten a little behind in keeping up so sorry I'm just now posting this!)

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:20 am

A lot of you seem to be getting extreme weather these days! We had an earthquake here a few days ago, but it was off the coast so we didn't really feel anything on land. Everybody is getting kind of jittery though and stocking up on supplies. So far so good though--knock wood!
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Wow, hannaheyes; I haven't heard or read anything about that! Hope you didn't suffer any damage of any sort.

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Our whole house shook but no damage. There were a few small aftershocks. Its just rare we get one around here of any size. Just google 'east ky earthquake' if you want to read about it :)

stormr

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 am

I haven't been around much lately - glad to hear you are alright BJ and HannaHeyes.

BJ - you asked for a local place in Jersey to donate. Pat Croce is holding a benefit at his restuarant in Key West. Pat is a former physical therapist that sold his business for millions, was the president of the phildalphia 76 and is a huge motivational speaker. I think he also has done some network tv. Anyway, he said all procedees will go directly to the shore community - he is one person that I believe that when he says 100% he means 100% and it will go to those who need it. Anyway, this is part of the post from the information if anyone is interested.

The site is - http://www.keywestisjerseystrong.org/

ALL OF THE PROCEEDS OF THIS EVENT WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THE HURRICANE RELIEF EFFORT!

We are currently in communication with the New Jersey Wing of the Civil Air Patrol and the Toms River Police Department to partner with an organization that will assure us that all of the money raised will go not only to the hurricane relief effort but to the Jersey Shore families that need it most.

Please check back daily as this site will be updated with more current information of what bands will be playing, what prizes will be offered and exactly where your generous donations will go.

If you would like to make a cash donation, a prize donation or would like to be one of our event volunteers please e-mail

helpnj@keywestisjerseystrong.org

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:17 am

quote="stormr "I haven't been around much lately "

Storm - Great post - but I couldn't help but smile at the irony in your comment. You haven't been around!!! Shocked Storm??? There's been loads of storms!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricaine Sandy   Hurricaine Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricaine Sandy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Member Stuff-
Jump to: