Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VS Story or Fanfiction

Go down 
+2
InsideOutlaw
Penski
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Penski
Penski

VS Story or Fanfiction Empty
PostSubject: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:59 pm

What do you see is the difference between a Virtual Season story and a fanfiction story? huh

InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 pm

I think that the writer would have to be careful in a VS story to keep the characters very true, be careful to maintain the tone (pg rating) of the series, and not fall into narrative as the story would have to carried by dialogue and description.

Fan fiction allows much broader interpretations of the characters and their relationships. You can take them down avenues that the series never would. It would only be limited by the writer's imagination.

Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Fan fiction allows you to let the reader know what each character is thinking rather than needing to show this by actions.

EleanorW

PostSubject: Re: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 pm

As has been said above, fan fiction allows you to explore the characters much more deeply than VS which operates more in line with the story canon and with far less description and detail than a conventional fanfic created solely from an author's imagination. I'm not personally a fan of VS. To me, it's very much like reading a play script - until the actors put their own interpretation on the dialogue and bring it to life with their voices, actions and expressions, it's just words on a page, an outline, unfinished. I love description, of places, people, their thoughts and emotions, all lovingly created by an author for the reader to savour. I'm not much into having to 'visualise' what I'm reading. That's what film was created for. Just my opinion. 🌈

http://eleanorward.wixsite.com/asjfics
FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 am

When you write fan fiction you don't have a bunch of scary producers chasing and nagging you!!!! VS Story or Fanfiction 3696926579

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 pm

I enjoy both fan fiction and the virtual season stories. And I agree with what the others have said. The virtual season stays pretty much true to the series. Fan fiction can stray farther afield. Although, I wonder how different the series would have been, had it aired in different decades. AS&J was pretty tame in a lot of ways. What if it was reinvented for A&E today? It might have been a lot more like the "Deadwood" TV series. Or not. It's fun to speculate, anyway.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VS Story or Fanfiction   VS Story or Fanfiction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VS Story or Fanfiction
Page 1 of 1