Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virtual Season

Go down 
+9
RosieAnnie
Penski
FrankieASJ
sistergrace
Kid4ever
Calico
LittleBluestem
Maz
ty pender
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Penski
Penski

Virtual Season - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Posted on the ASJ Fanfiction site:    
Clementine Hale
November 25 at 1:04pm
Yes I miss virtual season. Such wonderful stories! Please start a new one.

Virtual Season is missed! I'm getting several emails / inquiries of when VS will air again.  Do you have a story partially written?  Do you have a plot and willing to take the VS challenge?  Start writing!  I have three submitted stories and need more.  I'm hoping to start airing the new Virtual Season in February.

chelseagirl

PostSubject: newbie waves   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:03 am

(Not a newbie to writing asj fanfic, but a newbie in these parts . . .  If you come back to something after a long absence does that make you a re-newbie?)

Hello, all!  Well, I've pitched two stories for VS 2017; I can certainly have one of them done by February, and probably the other later in the season.   Although it sounds like it will really be VS 2018 by then?

I'm really excited for the challenge of doing something very different from what I've written in the fandom before and working with all of you folks!  Although I confess the dancing emoticons are making me dizzy.  Any way to shut them off?

chelseagirl
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 am

I have one partly finished. This should push me to sort out the ending. Lom is there. Oh and so are Kid and Heyes. Notice I said Kid. ..not THE Kid ☺️

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:37 am

Hah! I see some things never change. I was on the other side of the "Kid/the Kid" debate from you around 2000, Maz. But the chief advocate for the other side was much more prolific than me, so I figured that I'd probably lost the battle, but would keep doing it my way, anyway. Felt vindicated when I saw the VS stylesheet! But suspect elsewhere your usage is the more common one.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 11:27 am

To me he is Kid but if I agree to write for the VS then I agree to the rules and I write THE Kid...either way he's gonna get bruised :)

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Ouch! Poor the/not-the Kid!
Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 11:27 pm

I know I've been absent for EVER ... but I may try to cough up one story.

Depends on the grindstone for work
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 6:38 am

(crossing fingers for ONE Calico story)

Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 am

I am actually typing.

Not finished - but IS started.

Is nonsense. But you don't mind that :)
Back to top Go down
chelseagirl

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:46 am

Glad to hear a stirring in these quarters.  My first story is well underway, and I think I should even have the second one I pitched for you by the end of the season, if you want it.  Are you still aiming for February?

It's fun to be writing something outside of my usual.  Even though the new Alias Investigations series is more lighthearted than my last, it's a continuation -- I'm enjoying clearing all that backstory away and focusing on "what would happen in an episode?"  I'm even looking forward to being betaread -- I had the absolute best betareaders back in the day, and I know how much better they can make a story.  Outside of ASJ, I'm usually writing for fic exchanges and usually riding a deadline pretty closely.  I get away with it, but I don't learn as much.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Have sent in my VS story..hope I sent it to the right place.

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 am

Miss Miss Miss

I have sent in my homework, Miss

So... if nothing arrives, shout me.

(A not very productive cat sighs in relief that, however silly it is - she has at least finished a story.)

purr

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 am

Posting purely to incentive-ise myself by making a semi-public semi-promise

I have a VS bunny... came to me in the bath.bath
Bit more serious than the last one. shower
Not started yet ...

Working title (but will change) - The Bonnet (Ah Ha!! ... I.e: I may try and get a starter done this month :))

Plot shamelessly stolen from a Ruth Rendell novel
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Just a heads up that I'm planning to start the 2018 Virtual Season with the rest of the new TV shows in September. I watched how quiet things get online with the summer vacation and warm weather so decided to wait.

Still have room for more stories so start writing!
writing

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Calling all writers...

I have TWO - only TWO - Virtual Season stories submitted.   Shocked   Granted, both are two-parters so that will be four weeks of stories, but I really need a lot more. yes   I decided to start the season in January when the weather is such that folks are on their computers more. very cold   But don't wait until the holidays to submit your story. Happyh  We're accepting them now.

By the way, the two I have  study  involve caves and I was planning to start the season with one and end the season with the other.  So unless we ALL do caves (like a theme), please avoid having caves in your stories.   brb

Please PM me if you're willing to writing a VS so I can plan accordingly.  

The readers thank you, and so do I!
coffee

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 2:30 pm

I'm a maybe. I'm working on an entry for this month's challenge that has the potential to go much, much longer. Let's see.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Crossing fingers, RosieAnnie!

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 pm

Okay, writers, we need some more Virtual Season stories!  So far, I only have five of them with one ready to go.
On your mark, get set, WRITE!
 writing

EleanorW

EleanorW

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:29 am

Just catching up on the "posts since last visit" and came across this one. I hope you found enough takers to complete the season? scratch

http://eleanorward.wixsite.com/asjfics
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 9:16 pm

CALLING ON ALL WRITERS...

Do you want a writing challenge? How about writing a Virtual Season story?  It's different from other stories in that it's an episode so more visual and audible - no "thinking" allowed.  We follow Roy Huggins' rules to writers so the boys never make too much money, it's "the Kid", don't get too hurt, etc.  There are "producers" who help you along the way with encouragement and even suggesting another way to possibly say something so it's more like an episode.
If interested in more information, message Penski.
writing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtual Season
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4