Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virtual Season

Go down 
+9
RosieAnnie
Penski
FrankieASJ
sistergrace
Kid4ever
Calico
LittleBluestem
Maz
ty pender
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Penski
Penski

Virtual Season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 8:17 am

hapny

Now get writing those Virtual Season stories!!!
writing

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:33 am

Isn't there a set of guidelines somewhere for writing a virtual season story? I am working on my episode, and am thinking as I go, wasn't there guidelines about dropping the g's? How to refer to Curry, or Kid? It'd be easier if I got this stuff right as I'm doing it, rather than going back and meticulously trying to catch things.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Excellent question!

VS Writers can see the rules at http://asjbuckshot.forumotion.com/f46-virtual-season-rules. If you can't see the rules and want to write a story, let me know and I'll add you to the VS gang.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 pm

How's the writing coming along?  writing

It dawned on me that we need to share our general plots so we don't have too similar of storylines.  Go to Stories: Alias Smith and Jones and let the rest of us know what your story is about and how far along it is.   coffee

http://asjbuckshot.forumotion.com/t353-2016-virtual-season#895

This link should be invisible to all but the VS writers.  If you can't see it, let me know.   yes

very cold Stay inside where it's warm this weekend and WRITE!  

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:52 am

Howdy Penski,

I guess I am going to be the "fly in the ointment" since when I logged in I got this horrible message Shocked

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum

Soooo... while I await being granted special access, I shall just:
sip my cocoa coffee  do some fishing gonefishing eat breakfast eat  clean behind the sofa scared take a rubberducky or a shower continue to write my VS story writing read study BBQ BBQ play some tennis drink some wine bottle and desert Might even play some poker

Thanks a bunch lol2

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 5:12 am

Or you could finish writing your story! writing

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 am

My story, "Alias Joshua Smith", is progressing well. I'm at 9700 words, and the end of the story is in sight. My goal is to finish the first draft this weekend.

By the way, I got the same message Kid4Ever did when I tried to access the webiste.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:00 am

Do we want to have a Virtual Season this year or hold off until next year?

I have four stories submitted with one being a two-parter.  I know of one more coming in, but no more.  I could do a short summer season with six weeks.

Any more stories being written?  What do you suggest?

ASJ Virtual Season...
two thumbs or  soapbox
YAY or NAY

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 9:16 am

coffee As I enjoy a nice warm cup of cocoa and contemplate your huh questions, my vote would be to hold off until we have a full set of episodes, rather than do a short six-weeker in the summer.

That is, unless there is a plethora of stories being written at this very minute??? writing study reading

As for any more stories from moonshadow:  I have one on the back burner, still in the outline mode, with some "stuff" sketched in plot-wise.

I believe I mentioned a while back to a few of you that I'd like to do a VS story that incorporates "Stagecoach Mary" into it. After I had read an article about her last year, I discovered somewhat to my surprise (and delight) that the tv show "Hell On Wheels" was using the character in its final series season - which will be starting here in a couple of weeks. I checked the schedule and they will be using her in three episodes, so I should be able to get some great idees about what I might do with her. She is one very awesomely interesting character! I think there could be some fun moments of interaction with Heyes and Kid.

I was "on the fence" about whether I wanted to do MY story first before AMC aired their shows OR if I wanted to wait and see how the  HOW writers handled the character.

See, here is why I was hesitant to start: Stagecoach Mary's timeline differs from the ASJ timeline (as well as the HOW one, too.) Actually, even more so for HOW, since Mary never was in CA during the time of the building of the Transcontinental RR. It will be very interesting to see what they do. At least Heyes and Kid could "run into her" on their travels!

I know the ASJ writers played around with a LOT of things, such as using characters as they chose, messing with timelines/historical facts, etc. to suit their purposes and generally throwing caution to the wind in certain cases, but I wanted to be sure I could make things work in VS.

So that's why I decided to wait to write my story until after I saw what they did. I know physically, the actress they chose to play Mary is not anywhere near the real proportions, but I think they'd have a pretty dang hard time filling Mary's shoes - literally and physically!

Anyway, that's where I'm at with writing anything else VS. If we DO choose to wait until we have a fuller season of stories, I could probably find another one hiding somewhere
... bottle scared prairiedog

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 11:45 am

I agree..let's hold off for a full season and maybe I will get my second one finished too :)

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Since I have only been beta reading and have not written a story at this time, I would be inclined to let the people who have submitted stories for this season decide. Maybe some of the writers are anxious for their stories to go public, or perhaps they don't mind waiting. I would leave it up to them to decide which they would prefer.

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 2:38 pm

I agree with Sistergrace.

I am also willing to write an episode -- as soon as our school term ends next week.
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:47 pm

I've had another fan ask, "When is Virtual Season starting?   scratch  There IS going to be one, right?  confused    I look so forward to every week's 'episode'."    study

Well, we can't let our fans down now, can we?  So...

Alias Smith and Jones Virtual Season 2016 will start September 10!

Continue writing!  writing

Cal

Cal

PostSubject: virtual season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 4:59 am

As a massive fan.......YES!

I only discovered VS in December last year.....never got to experience one in real time......Soooo excited......yea
h
happydog
Back to top Go down
LittleBluestem

PostSubject: Hurray!   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 10:31 am

I am so excited you are going to do a VS 2016! And I can't wait for the ep about Stagecoach Mary. I hadn't heard of her before (I stopped watching HOW -- the main character just not very honorable, like our boys. And then I got mad when they killed off Common...), so anyway ,I looked her up. What a bad ass! I love her!

I am also working on an episode, (I am sure not nearly as good!), which I will soon submit for consideration.
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Yay... Another story is coming in! Thank you, Little Bluestem!

Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 2:10 pm

I'd best get to work on that second story then!
coffee
But I'll have a cuppa first.

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 am

I will try...
Not promising

Will be very silly

And have something in common with 'Singing in the Rain'

If I ever get out of the office
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Crossing fingers!

FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 1:36 am

I'd really have liked to contribute this year but just don't seem to get any spare time for writing. I even have a half finished challenge story for 'Stay or Go' which was a gift title after the Never Rains challenge for me. Virtual Season - Page 3 2681380136

Setting up a new art gallery this summer and have had some of my work accepted to a small gallery - even sold 2 large paintings last month so that has to take priority. gold coins

Looking forward to reading all the VS episodes though. study
Happy writing everyone! Very Happy writing

Yee ha! horsie

PostSubject: submitting an episode for the Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Howdy! I am loving the 2016 season already, starting off with Maz's great episode!

But I must be getting senile, because I can't remember how to submit a story for consideration...! Mine is almost done. (Well, I should say the first draft is almost done. Just have to fix a few things before submitting. Then I am sure I will be fixing more...!)

And I also have a big question....

Do we assume the non-Pete shows happened or not? I like to imagine him instead of Roger (sorry, Roger) in the various plots, although I rarely watch them and am not sure if I have even seen all of them... BUT, I ask the question because I put Carlotta McCreedy into my story....

Thanks for your help.

Little B.S.

p.s. to Frankie -- Congratulations on your success! You must be very talented!!

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Virtual Season stories can be submitted to me by email at penski_asj@yahoo.com.

All episodes count, even the Roger ones, so you can have Carlotta McCreedy in a story.

We're taking stories for the 2017 Virtual Season, which we're hoping to air in January or February if there is enough stories. Don't delay writing - you can turn them in before the holidays.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Virtual Season 2017   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 3:23 pm

I know we just finished 2016's Virtual Season, but it's not too early to start thinking about or writing for Virtual Season 2017!

We'd love to have enough stories to start in January or February when most readers are online because of the chilly winter weather.  That means I need submitted stories during or right after the holidays.  Please let me know if you're hoping to contribute a story or want to see the Huggins' Rules that we apply in a VS story.  Virtual Season stories can be submitted to me by email at penski_asj@yahoo.com.

All ASJ episodes count, even the Roger ones, so Carlotta McCreedy or any of the 3rd episode events/characters can be mentioned or in your story.

On your mark... get set... start writing!  writing

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Who's writing a VS story?  writing
How's it going?  scratch

I have ONE story turned in for 2017 so need about 11 more.   Shocked

InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Count me in. I'll come up with something.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Season   Virtual Season - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtual Season
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next