Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kid4ever

Kid4ever

Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Empty
PostSubject: Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories   Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 am

applause 

Thought I'd toss this here for y'all to read. The article says that it should start in June, but not sure what titles will be allowed...would be great if they'd include ASJ on the list! thumbsup

We might havta drop 'em a line gonefishing and see if we jus' might be able to convince 'em, 'cos we want that ASJ real bad, don't we? draw

Should be very interesting to see how this goes.   scratch  

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/23/technology/amazon-fan-fiction/index.html

Here are a couple of the "highlights":

Kindle Worlds, which Amazon Publishing announced on Wednesday, lets authors write "fanfic" based on licensed series and sell their works in the Kindle Store. Authors will receive 35% of net sales for books of 10,000 words or more, and 20% for short stories between 5,000 and 10,000 words. Amazon didn't disclose how the rest of the sales will be split between the company and the copyright holders.

Amazon (AMZNFortune 500) plans to add more licensed titles soon. Authors will be able to submit completed works beginning in June, when the Kindle Worlds store will launch with 50 titles Amazon commissioned from successful authors including Barbara Freethy and John Everson.

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories   Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Well now, wouldn't that be interesting. I'll be keeping my eyes on that.
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories   Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:10 pm

You could make a killing, Keays!
HW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories   Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 am

OH, thank you, HelenWest. I was already thing about re-vamping TOF in order to try and publish it but if this goes through then maybe I won't have to. Just re-edit!
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories   Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 pm

I read an article about this a while ago and then another the other day; one was in The New York Times and the other was on the BBC (the video interview was very interesting).  Unfortunately for us, only fanfic stories whose shows have been licensed to Amazon for this express purpose will be accepted.  All shows so far were produced by Warner Bros.

NYT article

BBC article and video

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories   Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon's "Kindle Worlds" lets fan fiction writers sell their stories
Page 1 of 1