Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medical Question For Story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightwalker

Medical Question For Story Empty
PostSubject: Medical Question For Story   Medical Question For Story Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 am

Hi,

I guess I made the same mistakes as other new writers in being careless about wounds and healing processes in my stories, but I'd like to avoid it at least in the future.

Is anyone here who would be so kind to help me and whom I could send a question or a story part now and then?

Preferably I'd handle that via PM or email. My raw stuff is nothing I'd like to post on the board here Embarassed

I would be really glad if one of you could help me.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Medical Question For Story   Medical Question For Story Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm

I was once informed in a chat or someone beta reading my story to only shoot Heyes and Kid Curry in the limbs or shoulder. A torso wound, especially in abdomen or near heart was always fatal back then. You can give them a graze wound in the torso so that it may or may not require stitches.

There wasn't an antibiotic so most fevers / infections had to run their course. Recovery times were a lot longer than now.

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Medical Question For Story   Medical Question For Story Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Nightwalker

You can contact me if you want. I can answer a lot of medical questions. You can PM me if you'd like. You can also use the forum contact link at the bottom of the page if you want. yes

Andrew Jackson was shot near his heart in a duel and carried the bullet for life, but it isn't something you would want to do to one of the boys. And, of course, Jackson was unusually tough. As a teen, he walked home, barefoot in the snow with smallpox, after his release from a British prisoner of war camp. He had chronic infections from his dueling injuries and suffered continual ill health as a result. He drained the infection in his arm from another dueling injury, over the years, even while president. The infections eventually killed him.

I'm with Penski- I prefer a grazing wound. And she is right about internal wounds to the chest and stomach, most people would die within days from such a wound; they were almost invariably fatal and very painful.

Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Medical Question For Story   Medical Question For Story Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 pm

I remember your advice, Penski, sometimes a story just calls for something different. ;-)

I'll contact you within the next days, BeeJay, there's just a little bit of real life to get rid of.

Thank you very much to both of you. sunny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical Question For Story   Medical Question For Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medical Question For Story
Page 1 of 1