Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 ASJ Get-Together

Go down 
+11
ty pender
BeeJay
Ghislaine Emrys
AllegraW
Alias Alice
Calico
FrankieASJ
InsideOutlaw
WichitaRed
RosieAnnie
HelenWest
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kid4ever

Kid4ever

2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Sad  awwww, poor Penski  No 

Does that mean you've already recuperated from having all of us descend upon you like a  cow2  herd of stampeding beeves? lol2

You and spousal unit Frank were pretty  awsome  yourself as our hosts.

I'm missing everyone and our "bonding" moments, too.  grouphug  

Shocked  You're giving all of  sleepup  Wyatt's hardtack away???  

Seriously though...talk about an "authentic experience" - if you've never felt or tried to eat hardtack, you will have a much better appreciation as to why everyone had broken teeth in all those westerns  Laughing 

Penski, if nobody claims all of it, just save it for next year's get-together, we'll dunk it in the tea and coffee on our first day and maybe by the end of the week we'll be able to gnaw our way through it  applause

ty pender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Penski wrote:
sniff... sniff... Everyone's left and the house is quiet.  Thanks to everyone who came and for being so accommodating and easy-going.

We had an authentic cowboy meal one evening and have leftovers.  Does anyone want to have / try some hardtack?  It can last years, they say.  Send me a pm with your address.

Penski -

The hardtack is part of the authentic cowboy meal I missed.  I will PM you for two Johnny cakes and two hardtacks so I can dip them in my Aeropressed HuaHuaTango Guatemalan 'fair trade' coffee and get a semi-authentic cowboy trail breakfast.
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Penski, thank you for opening up your house to the gang. You and your spousal unit were amazing hosts. Also, please give a big thank you to your friends who pitched in.

I had a great time; it was an incredible week. I heard from some members who would like a summary of the week. Does anyone who attended object to that being posted on the forum? What about names of friends, Penski? Would you like us to use aliases or initials for them when we talk about the cookout and the shooting experience?

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:09 am

Alias names would be better, especially for our gun teacher.

Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 am

What about "The Holster" ??
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 2:12 pm

LOL... The Holster! Love it!

Hey, I'm wanted Dead or Alive! Penski, aka The Locomotive Kid, is wanted for train robber. My wanted poster arrived in the post this week.

Thanks!

ty pender

ty pender

PostSubject: destinations...   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 9:58 pm

For those who were lucky enough to visit Gold Country with last year, you may remember the Mormon Pilgrimage group we met while off for a shooting session near the Mormon Emigrant Trail.  Here is a link to the route they took:

http://californiapioneer.org/destinations/emigrant-trail

Regards.
Back to top Go down
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks for that link, Ty! sm

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 4:18 pm

wheel Thanks, Ty - you always find the neatest things to share with us! yes

Penski

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 pm

One year ago today was the ASJ invasion at my home! What an awesome week... what awesome friends! We'll have to do it again soon. sm

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:36 pm

grouphug Yep, it sure was! I realized that the anniversary date was close when I was going through some of my photos recently, doing some reorganizing, and those pix were among them. As I browsed through them I was reminded of soooo many fun times and all the names I could finally put a face to cowboyclap We had already been "friends" online, but getting together kinda cemented the deal poker

I know we all said it waaaay back then, but I'll say it again...  thankyou "THANK YOU BOTH" thankyou  for opening and sharing your home with us and giving us such an awesome place to return to and call "home" as we gallivanted off on all of our adventures. You made it an experience to remember forever!! sm

I've wanted to get-together ever since we all parted ways last year! Since we didn't do one this year, I'd love to have one in the works for next year. I'd saddle up and ride anywhere  thrown  horsie  with the whole bunch of ya!!

Maz

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 1:56 pm

And those of us not there enjoy all your ASJ get together stories too :)

Calico

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 am

Consider me sniffing a nostalgic sniff... sorrykitty

Was it really a whole year ago.

Ah me.

The sites. The friends. The cook outs. The stage coach. The shootin', the rootin' and the tootin'. The asj-i-ness of it all.

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Before I left for California, I told my local friends, "I'm going to spend a week with friends I haven't met yet." My description was 100% accurate. I had a wonderful time. Special thanks to our gracious host and hostess, who went above and beyond to see that all of us were entertained, occupied, and generally in good spirits.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 ASJ Get-Together   2014 ASJ Get-Together - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 ASJ Get-Together
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2