Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beta Readers required for book

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MoulinP

MoulinP

Beta Readers required for book Empty
PostSubject: Beta Readers required for book   Beta Readers required for book Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 5:06 am

I've been a little quiet on the Fan Fiction front recently because I have written a book. The story may seem familiar to some although the ending is radically different.
A professional has undertaken a development edit for me and its looking in good shape. Would anyone be willing to beta reader for me please? No financial reward but happy to send a signed paperback when published.
Anyone interested, please send me a private message.
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Beta Readers required for book   Beta Readers required for book Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi Moulin! I'm super busy with VS but curious what a development edit is vs. a beta read?
Congratulations on writing a book!

MoulinP

MoulinP

PostSubject: Re: Beta Readers required for book   Beta Readers required for book Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 am

i found this explanation. Hope it makes sense.

Think of it this way. A developmental editor is a coach. A beta reader is a fan.
In baseball, a hitting coach can analyze your swing, telling you your balance and timing are off, you're dropping your hands, you're rolling your wrists, you're loading too soon, etc. A fan can tell you you're not hitting the ball well. They might sort of know why (you're swinging at too many pitches out of the strike zone), but they won't be able to explain it and help you improve like a coach would.
From my own experience, the editor I used helped me see where parts weren't working and more importantly how to fix things. She was looking from a technical point of view. Beta Readers are more like true readers for pleasure I guess.

Penski and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Readers required for book   Beta Readers required for book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beta Readers required for book
Page 1 of 1