Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Lom?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Penski
Penski

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:47 am

There are at least three actors who played Lom Trevors - which one did you like the best or which one do you picture when reading fanfiction?

James Drury - Pilot
Mike Road - A Fistful of Diamonds and Shootout at Diablo Station
John Russell - The Day Amnesty Came Through

(Did I miss any?)

SO...will the REAL Lom Trevors please stand up!

=======================

From Kwiltn:

I guess the pilot Lom is who I liked best in the series and is the one I think of when I am reading fanfiction. I did like John Russell in the role, though. He seemed to be a little more sheriff-y.

=======================

From Remuda:

I can go with either James Drury or John Russell. Loved Drury as The Virginian and a good sheriff in The Long Chase. As well, John Russell will always be The Lawman.

=======================

From Coronado / Missyblu:

Definitely James Drury.
John Russell was okay, too, but James Drury is the Lom I picture whenever I'm reading any fanfiction.

=======================

From Ghislaine:

I like Mike Road best. Perhaps because I like Fistful a lot. I don't recall John Russell much because, I think, I don't watch those later episodes as often. James Drury is okay as Lom, but he's not my favorite because he seems, pardon me for saying so, he seems kinda dim. Heyes and Curry outsmart him a lot in the Pilot and he just doesn't impress me as being real competent as a sheriff in that episode. OTOH, I really like James Drury as The Virginian. I think his performance in that show is great. If he had played Lom the same way as he played the sheriff in The Long Chase (which I just watched last night, btw), I would've liked him in the role much better. But, as it is, I think Mike Road comes across as very competent, sharp, tough, and a no-nonsense kind of guy. So he's my favorite Lom.

=======================

From Eleanor:

Whenever I think of Lom, it's always Mike Road who comes to my mind. I agree with Ghislaine's comments that, out of all of them, he comes over as the most competent and believable 'Sheriff' and left the most impression on me. I don't really recall John Russell either, as I don't watch those later eps, and, as Ghislaine said, James Drury was OK, but he didn't convey the Sheriff's role as well as Mike Road, in my opinion, so for me, Mike Road is Lom to me.

=======================

From Iona:

James Drury would get my vote as he was the original.

=======================

From Caroline McK

I hope I'm not too late to chime in here,

I prefer James Drury to the other gentlemen. He seems a bit more personable and friendly toward Kid and Heyes.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but there seems to be a better chemistry with Drury. He appears to be more at ease playing the role of "friendly lawman/ex-outlaw". He seems to be able to remember that there is supposed to be a warm and friendly past between them and acknowledges the skills and wisdom that he faces in Kid and Heyes.

I hope that you all can understand my reasonings. Sometimes it just looks like the ramblings of an obsessed fan.

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 am

I liked both James Drury and John Russell as Lom,though I think if I was to pick a favorite it would be John Russell.

Because when I think of Lom,I think of John Russell.
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

Yope1995

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:56 am

I think I liked James Drury best as Lom. Whenever someone mentions Lom, a flash of James Drury with a mustache always pops into my head. Very Happy

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3759676/

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Always James Drury! He's Lom as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Cornelia May

Cornelia May

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

James Drury is who I picture as Lom.

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Interestingly as I watch he shows, I prefer Mike Roads, but I always picture James Drury -- he was my first Lom, after all.
Back to top Go down
countryrosie

countryrosie

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm

When I read fanfiction I always think of James Drury as Lom. He was the first one and it just kind of stuck as him.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:28 am

James Drury. The first, and the best. He brought an attitude and edge to the role that the others didn't. I think his size helped him in this role, too. He's a big man, and he is imposing.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which Lom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Lom?   Which Lom? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Lom?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Banterings-
Jump to: