1) Does the episode set any - PREQUEL, MISSING SCENE, FOLLOW UP - bunnies a bouncing?
How did they get the job trapping mountain lions for the Carlsons as a prequel. A good follow up would be whether or not Mrs. Carlson actually did stand by Jake. Harvey Bishop's death would make a nice missing scene fic.
2) Any of the characters ripe for a VS come back?
3) Anything in the episode that is so visual it'd be a real stretch VS-wise ...?
Maybe the poker scene there at the beginning.
4) Any favo(u)rite lines crying out to be used again and again in fanfic?
"I want to, but I'm not going to."
5) What on the episode has become canon?
Heyes tends to say things better left unsaid when sick/severely injured; and is more or less the champeen tracker of southern Utah.
"The only thing in life you have to earn is love, everything else you can steal." ~Hannibal Heyes