Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Automatic registration closed.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Automatic registration closed.  Empty
PostSubject: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:03 pm

We seem to be getting a series of new registrations from people who then don't return to the site and/or never post. I am not certain why this is occurring and I don't want to risk opening the board to spammers. So I am closing registration temporarily. Also unused accounts will be inactivated.  If you have been inactivated and wish to participate actively contact me by e-mail at : beejayroberts@mail.com

If you wish to join the board write me at that e-mail address.

Thank you

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Activity includes posting(comments in the threads if you aren't a writer) and displaying some degree of interest in the site such as interaction with other members on the board.

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 6:37 pm

I've wondered about that. Every once in a while, say when I am practicing my procrastination skills, I look at the member list, and I see all those people who joined and then never appeared again, ever. Their first visit is their last visit. And I think, what's that about?  huh 

I mean, why bother to create a name and a password, because who needs another password to remember? When I was lurking, I just lurked. I didn't join up until I was starting to write and to post.

One of many things in life I'm probably never going to understand. confused 

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 am

Yes, it has been weird that we are getting a number of registrations from people with apparently no interest in the site. my feeling is if you are interested in a site you would post sometimes and certainly if you went to the trouble to join, visit and post. If you are reading only and don't intend to post there isn't any reason to join as there aren't any threads visible to members only. There are a couple of other odd things about these registrations as well.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:32 am

I'm glad this site has no hidden threads - there's nothing to hide here!

Thanks for the great job managing this fun site, BeeJay! We appreciate it!

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 9:21 am

You're welcome, Penski!

And thank you for all your work on the Story Forum, the Facebook page and Virtual Season! Whew that's a lot!!

FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 am

That's what makes it such a great site - wonderful admin peeps!  sm   applause v thumbsup
 thankyou   Automatic registration closed.  2232923996 

PostSubject: Re: Automatic registration closed.    Automatic registration closed.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automatic registration closed.
Page 1 of 1