Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Empty
PostSubject: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 pm

In chat, I was asked whether the song "The Gambler" was known across the pond (that is, my side of the pond) to which I responded: "Yes, of course! David Tennant and ice-cream!"  Which then made no sense at all to those at the American side of the pond.  Very Happy 

A short explanation: there was a tv-series called Blackpool in which part of the dialog was replaced with pop songs. This is the scene I was referring to:

https://youtu.be/qIb3XGGkNX8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Oh okay. That was cute. No, no one over here would have got that reference.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Nope, never heard of that show!  All I could think of when you said that in chat was: What does Doctor Who have to do with Kenny Rogers?!?  Thanks for the link.

As an aside, I think it's really cool having people from all over on this board! I've learned about so many cultural issues that I never would have otherwise. Much obliged, y'all!  sm 

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:05 pm

David Tennant and ice-cream  two thumbs 

I don't remember him being so cute in Harry Potter.  No 

PostSubject: Re: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:40 pm

LOL! I keep forgetting that he was even in Harry Potter! Just loved him as the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:44 pm

Blackpool was such a great series. Fantastic cast - David Morrissey is such a great character actor. Might have to go and see the series again - thanks for the reminder Gaga and the link.  sm 

PostSubject: Re: The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream   The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gambler, David Tennant and ice-cream
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Tangentially Related to ASJ-
Jump to: