Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?

Go down 
+3
Remuda
RosieAnnie
BeeJay
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:06 pm

If you have any ideas for stories that are going nowhere, or you just plain don't want to write 'em up, this is your chance. Offer up your unwritten ideas, and see them magically become stories.

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:47 pm

Soapy told Heyes and Curry he was grateful to them because they saved him from the Nevada Territorial Prison. How did they do that? I don't think I've seen any fanfic, anywhere, that answers this burning question.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm

RosieAnnie, from which ep was that? I don't recall it but the boys would really have started early. Nevada gained statehood in 1864, and they'd have been about 11 and 13. Perhaps Soapy misspoke? But then, we know a lot of the history is a little off.  sm 

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Remuda, it's from "A Fistful of Diamonds." When Heyes and Curry are having scotch with Soapy, he says "If it weren't for you two, I'd be spending my old age in the Nevada penitentiary."

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Bless you, RosieAnnie, for saying what episode that was from. I knew I heard it and was actually listening to a few episodes while doing paperwork.

That sentence would make a great fanfic!

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:49 pm

I got another hippity-hoppity bunny that jumped while writing my last challenge entry. I did not, nor do I plan, to do anything with this.

Louise Carson told Heyes and Curry she was going to Yuma, to live with her sister, maybe find a husband. I did a little research, and read about the Yuma Territorial Prison. By the way, apparently it wasn't a terrible place, at least as far as prisons of the 19th century went. It even had electric lighting!

http://www.yumaprison.org/index.html

The Yuma prison was almost exclusively for men, but along the way, 29 women were incarcerated there.

Now . . . whatever happened to Blackjack Jenny? Let's say she got convicted for killing Ken Blake. No doubt she did it, but who knows if the court took pity on her as a mother avenging her son, or thought  she needed serious prison time? What if Jenny was sent to jail in Yuma.

Might Louise get to know her better? Might the boys decide to break her out, if her sentence was a long one?

So that's the mix: Louise in Yuma. Jenny possibly in Yuma.  Jailbreak? Or visiting? Continue the relationship with Jenny, or not?

Have at it!

Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Rosie Annie, you're plum full of great ideas! Thanks for the link. But for the climate and weather, which could also play significant parts in a story, the Yuma Territorial Prison sounds similar to the Wyoming Territorial Prison.

Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 am

I've been to both prisons...as a visitor.   Very Happy   Residents of Yuma were not happy that he prison got running water (and maybe electricity, I don't recall offhand) before the rest of the city.  It was considered an enlightened place for its time.  Convicts were taught a trade and, I think, how to read if illiterate--there was a library funded by city residents--and when the bedbugs got too bad, the wooden beds were changed to metal ones.  The dark cell was in a separate wing and it was more like a cave than a cell.  The only bad thing--well, besides being locked up--was the heat in the summer, which regularly was over 100F.  The cells were small and had six men in them, so it would have been pretty stifling.  I was there in July and it was really, really hot.

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: heyes and curry in England   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 pm

There's one story idea I've thought about for a while, but it requires a lot of knowledge of Great Britain, particularly England, and I just don't have that. I'd like to see Heyes and Curry in England.

There's a couple thoughts running around on this. In the first, they've achieved amnesty, and they are visiting England, doing a lecture tour. Well, Heyes is doing the lecturing. People are very curious to meet them/hear them, and the tour is very successful. They are having a good time. However, somebody attempts to draw them into a crime. They eventually extricate themselves and prove their innocence, but they have to solve the crime themselves to do so.

Or, say they haven't achieved amnesty. They go to England and open a pub/bar based on the western saloon. They set it up to be an "authentic experience" for the Europeans fascinated by the west. Complications ensue. Those complications would depend on whether or not they were at risk of being arrested and deported to the U.S. Some of you clever Europeans who know the law would probably know the answer to that. If there was little risk of being deported to face trial -- if they were safe in England -- perhaps they live under their own names. Their notoriety makes their business even more popular. But it also puts them at risk. Old associates could find them. Or, Scotland Yard looks at them with a jaundiced eye -- once a crook, always a crook.

This is not something I'm ever going to write. But maybe one of you would have at it.

Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:45 pm

"Those complications would depend on whether or not they were at risk of being arrested and deported to the U.S."

Definitely at risk, more than risk, I'd say a certainty, to be arrested and deported. Law enforcement in England and in the US helped each other out. The Pinkertons also had European contacts, and made use of them.

Not to the direct point, but interesting:

Did you know Arthur Conan Doyle got the idea for Moriarity from Pinkerton? They shared an ocean voyage, and Pinkerton told Doyle all about an amazing American criminal, Adam Worth, who ran a criminal network. He was traced to England by the Pinkertons. I think he was eventually caught in France.

Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Interesting note about the criminal Adam Worth. Researched him and several others for my Bounty Jumper story because he was a notorious bounty jumper during the Civil War, sought after by the Pinkertons. Had no clue he was the inspiration for Moriarty.

Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 am

I believe it was S.J. Smith--whoever wrote the Shirley stories--who did a story with Heyes and Curry in England as part of that series. Not sure where you can find it now, though, as it was on that site that was taken down some months ago.

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Gorgonize   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 7:17 am

Okay this is from Frankieasj's link of obsolete words...but please someone take this and run....

Gorgonize
Meaning: To have a paralyzing or mesmerizing effect on someone.
Origin: Early 17th century
As in: Don’t look into his eyes. He’s so charismatic, you’ll be gorgonized.

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 am

Not exactly a bunny, but maybe an inspiration? Driving home last night, I was listening to a Canadian radio show that featured a popular musical group. I had never heard of them before, by the way, and don't remember their name now. But a line from one of their songs has been haunting me ever since. It's evocative and moody and plaintive. If I weren't already cranking on some other stories, this would be my motivation. And it is:

"floating face down on a river of regrets"

Back to top Go down
Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:02 am

wow I had such a strange feeling while I was watching a "Supernaturals" video tonight on YouTube, but just couldn't quite put my finger on why. scratch  Then it hit me yes

It was the song that was used for the video! It has the lyrics that Rosie Annie posted in it, so at last the mystery is solved thumbsup

On a side note...I see that this bunny has been here for awhile and IF nobody else claims it, I would love to give it a home Very Happy

Here is what I was listening to: "Holy Tears" by Tara MacLean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwPbGA3-OHo

Wrapped inside a twisted world
I can't decide what is even real anymore
as though I ever knew
Tangled in these silhouettes
floating face down in a river of regrets
and thoughts of you

Holy tears
they linger on
Holding you
my light
forever gone

You believed she'd never leave
Rosy cheeked and oh so young
and full of flame
Here in this bed of emptiness
Button by button I come undone
and only twenty-one

Holy tears
they linger on
Holding you
my life
forever gone

Gone like the broken words at your feet
You're gone in the venom lips that kiss me sweetly
Gone like a frightened bird into the sky
Won't you take everything I ever had
and leave me to die as I cry

Holy tears
they linger on
Holding you
my love
forever gone

PostSubject: Re: Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?   Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Bunnies? Fluffy Tail-ends?
Page 1 of 1