Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two unusual videos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Two unusual videos Empty
PostSubject: Two unusual videos   Two unusual videos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

The first is footage from 1896-1900.
http://www.wimp.com/victorianfootage/

The final city in the film is Jerusalem while still under control of the Turks. You can see Montefiore's Windmill in the background, the walls of the Old City, and the Jerusalem train station, along with Turks and priests walking past the camera. The landmarks are surrounded by the New City now.

Dog Behavior: http://www.wimp.com/findfun/

Even if you aren't a dog lover this is intriguing.

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

Two unusual videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two unusual videos   Two unusual videos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:48 pm

The Victorian footage is very interesting. No cars yet, the ladies with their big upper sleeves, the men all wearing their hats. My favorite bit is the man in the straw hat, who seems to be performing for the camera. Hey, wouldn't it be interesting if we'd seen Heyes or Curry in one of those scenes? I can imagine some graduate student perusing old videos, and he sees two men who look vaguely like that famous old picture of Heyes and Curry with Clementine Hale, and all the publicity and argument about whether or not it really is the famous outlaws pictured there.

Loved the collies, too. My stepfather liked collies very much. He told me the breed originated in Scotland, and this video has Scottish music. He also said that the breed was originally black, not tan or brown, and the Scots called them "coalies" because they were the color of coal. Don't know if that's true or not, but it makes for a good story.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

Two unusual videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two unusual videos   Two unusual videos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Lots of men wearing my "favorite" hat - a bowler.

Also were wearing straw hats. Wonder how Heyes and Curry would have looked wearing one of them?  scratch 

Sponsored content

Two unusual videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two unusual videos   Two unusual videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two unusual videos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Member Stuff-
Jump to: