Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K, T etc - ratings for stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaASJ

ChristinaASJ

K, T etc - ratings for stories Empty
PostSubject: K, T etc - ratings for stories   K, T etc - ratings for stories Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 am

Could you please explain the ratings system used on the fan fic site.

Is this the same on all the story sites?
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: K, T etc - ratings for stories   K, T etc - ratings for stories Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:36 am

Hi Christina,

I don't know if it's true for all the sites, but on Fanfiction.net the rating system works like this:

K is for content suitable for most ages- 5 years and up, and should be free of any coarse language, violence, and adult themes

K+ is content suitable for more mature childen, 9 years and older, with minor action violence without serious injury. May contain mild coarse language. Should not contain any adult themes.  

I post all my stories under this one.  Some will have a mild cuss word or two, but I don't tend to do violence much so this works for me.

T is content not suitable for children, but suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.

M is for mature teens and older. Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with non-explicit suggestive adult themes, references to some violence, or coarse language. It can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA.

MA is content that is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes.

I don't think you can post anything MA on Fanfiction.net.  I haven't tried but I seem to remember someone telling me that.

I hope this is helpful to you.  I'm so glad to see you posting again, your stories are always good!

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
ChristinaASJ

ChristinaASJ

PostSubject: Re: K, T etc - ratings for stories   K, T etc - ratings for stories Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 am

Thank you, InsideOutlaw for your kind comments about my stories and thanks for the information.

It makes sense now .... K for kids, T for teens etc.
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: K, T etc - ratings for stories   K, T etc - ratings for stories Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:40 am

"MA is content that is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes."

When you start a web site the owners of the domains have a contract that you agree to. When I started the Wiki page the contract specified that they didn't allow explicit sexual content. I don't know what the contract with Wikifoundry specifies now that it has new owners. But, that is one reason why some story sites don't allow mature content.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K, T etc - ratings for stories   K, T etc - ratings for stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K, T etc - ratings for stories
Page 1 of 1