Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Heyes' and Kid's Guns

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

Heyes' and Kid's Guns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heyes' and Kid's Guns   Heyes' and Kid's Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:06 am

Watching the way he limps slightly, and spanks his horse with the tail of his split reins on the off side rather than kicking with that foot, I'm really not surprised that he goes for whatever's lightest to wear. ~~ Claybank

Okay now I have to go watch a few episodes. "Oh the terrible horror of it."
No, sitting here thinking after reading your comment, I can almost see that Hannibal has a bit of a limp but now I want to know for sure. I say this as a limper myself. Horses can be rough on a persons body especially their joints.

Okay now below I see this -- Yes Claybank; I'm going through that right now with my hip so I can totally relate to what Peter went through and it makes it all that more amazing that he could ride so effortlessly when he was in pain. ~~Keays

"Could someone enlighten me? I am lost, without details." says Wichita pulling off her worn brown gus to scratch her head.

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: NEVERMIND   Heyes' and Kid's Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:08 am

apparently...my link/computer was acting up as it only showed me a partial feed the first time. I see rest of the conversation now.

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Horses & Bodies   Heyes' and Kid's Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:20 am

First off Keays I feel for you. I do. May you heal soon and smoothly. What happened to Pete? Anyone know?

And, your right, with a body injury you learn new ways to ride.
I for example mount from the off side which is now my on side you could say.
My left knee was kicked by a horse years ago, shredding it. It does not curve to the animals body and is almost useless in the saddle. I too use split reins like Heyes to help control my beast (no I do love my big Palomino just times he can be a real beast...never get a horse born on April Fools Day).

Speaking of horses. . .I would be all over that topic list too. I have ridden since I could walk. I have many of my injuries because for years I used to buy up dinks, retrain them and sell them out. Hard/Fun work which at my current age I somedays really regret. Currently we have: Bugs, Gunner, Leo, Reggie, Rowdy, Lily, and Mare who is really Freckles but since she gave birth to Rowdy has always been called Mare. Freckles never fit her - just part of her registered name. And, it is said in horse circles it is bad luck to rename a horse. Don't know if that is true or not. But, we technically did not rename her. So yeah, I would be all over that topic too. sm Oh and we collect tack too...got some great old saddles. Myself, I find the McCellan the most comfortable of the old saddles.

When watching a western my hubby is all over the guns. "That isn't period. That didn't come out til 1889."
While I am over there, "That guy has no idea how to ride. Cannot believe they are using those type of saddles -- oh my gosh they came straight off the western store display floor."

Yeah, we are a matched pair.

Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Heyes' and Kid's Guns   Heyes' and Kid's Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:14 pm

WitchitaRed; Peter broke his pelvic bone in a car accident when he was a teenager and it gave him trouble and pain right up until the end. A shame really--in more ways than one. He was such a natural horseman!

PostSubject: Re: Heyes' and Kid's Guns   Heyes' and Kid's Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heyes' and Kid's Guns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Penski's Ponderings :: Just Wondering...-
Jump to: