Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornelia May

Cornelia May

Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Empty
PostSubject: Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?   Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 pm

After seeing "The Man That Murdered Himself" a few times since I discovered Alias Smith and Jones, I wandered what Native Americans in the general region of the Rocky Mountains. After coming up sort on historical answers I turned to the paranormal and I think I may have come up with a plausible answer. In Ghost Stories of the Old West by Dan Asfar, Chapter Two: Cowboys and Indians, page 69- page 72 outlines the mysterious People of the Snake. Perhaps Glenn A. Larson heard this legend and adapted it for his own use in that episode, because according to my copy of the afore mentioned book there are no artifacts that have been found to document their existence. According to the book, these people worshiped pit vipers and were said to keep to large ones; it is said that these large snakes attacked the horses of other tribes before white settlers came into the Rockies. As white settlers poured into the area they disappeared, but soon stories came about that the cattle in the area were being found dead, poisoned by something in the dead of night. So, what are your thoughts?

Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?   Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Very interesting, Cornelia May. I have no opinion regarding the paranormal for this. However, a couple years ago, I researched the whole idea of seven-foot tall, red-headed Indians in the area of the Rockies, thinking the whole subject just a fanciful figment of someone's imagination. Imagine my surprise when I found reference to same. Unfortunately, I didn't make any notes at the time, but just spent a few minutes and came upon this article. There are others out there somewhere, but this suffices. Nice how we can learn interesting factoids while enjoying a TV show!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

Yope1995

PostSubject: Re: Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?   Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm

I had thought of looking it up, but never got around to researching. Very interesting. Especially the link you provided, Remuda.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3759676/

PostSubject: Re: Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?   Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 am

This is cool information,I think I did hear something about this once,but thank you for posting it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?   Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Just watched this episode on Monday...so when I so the topic I had to go do some internet searching. Sure, I have heard about Erikson coming to American before Columbus. However that is a long ways from the West. But, I did find these articles which seems to give some strength to the tale in Man Who Murdered Himself albeit it sounds like the Devil's Hole may be a touch far North. But who knows prior to the white man's arrival the Paiutes, who seem to carry the legend of the Red-Haired Giants with their tribe, had a highly nomadic lifestyle. They ranged from the forested highlands of the Rocky Mountains westward to the Sierra Nevada Range, including the desert lowlands in between.

Here are two links I found if you would like to read about the artifacts which have been found.

http://otherworldmystery.com/ancient-red-haired-giants-in-lovelock-nevada-usa

http://www.sott.net/article/227079-US-Nevadas-mysterious-cave-of-the-red-haired-giants

This is cool because it actually takes you to the cave

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?   Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seven Foot Tall, Red Headed Indians = People of the Snake: The Lost Tribe of the Rocky Mountains?
Page 1 of 1