Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite ASJ Episodes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yope1995

Yope1995

Favorite ASJ Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 am

"What is your favorite ASJ episode?"

That was what I was asked the other day and again today. It's a hard question, ain't it, folks? But that's what I wanted to ask you all.

My favorite episodes, I decided after quite a bit of thought, are the pilot episode and "The Bounty Hunter".
But after those two, I like "The Posse That Wouldn't Quit" and "The Man Who Murdered Himself".
(Hey, I'm only human. ASJ episodes are like potato chips; "you can't have just one".) ;)

~Yope

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3759676/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 am

I agree with you there Yope! I also find that my favorite changes with the passage of time. I didn't really like 'The Legacy of Charlie O'Rourke' when I was younger, but now it has become one of my favorites. Always like "Posse That Wouldn't Quit' but now that I'm older It's a bit sappy for my taste and I can see the big huge flaw in it. Like, why would the Sheriff let them know they were there, while the boys were still inside the house? Isn't that just giving them the opportunity to take hostages? Wait until they're outside, then make your move. But it's still a favorite; the Jordan's have always held a special place. Still, so hard to pick just one!!
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:50 pm

I have to say the pilot episode is my all time favorite, although The Root of It All is a close second.

Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm

How to Rob a Bank in One Hard Lesson and Night of the Red Dog

Those are the two episodes I could watch repeatedly.
As far as The Posse That Wouldn't Quit-I know it is always a popular favorite, but I am quite the odd freak about that one. Even as a teen I felt that it pandered to teen girls, and though there were parts I enjoyed(there is something to enjoy in every episode-Ok maybe not the one with the weird belly type dancer---Roger Davis episode, so some of you may not know of it), I actually resented the manipulation. I always felt like shaking Roy Huggins about that one. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm

I can't say I have a favorite episode, as there at least fourteen I watch fairly regularly and greatly enjoy for different reasons. That said, I truly do like all the episodes, although my definite least favorite is Return to Devil's Hole and even it is quite watchable (my beef is with the corny music interludes, which I always turn to mute). Unless needing to watch one in particular for research or other purposes, usually I'll mix up the DVD covers and pick one randomly out of the pile, then select an episode on that disk. I think ASJ is the only series I have on DVD I can say that about.

The top ones include:

The Pilot
Exit from Wickenburg
Journey from San Juan
The Day They Hanged Kid Curry
Jailbreak at Junction City
Smiler With a Gun
Night of the Red Dog
The Reformation of Harry Briscoe
The Bounty Hunter
21 Days to Tenstrike
The Long Chase
High Lonesome Country
Bushwhack!
The Ten Days That Shook Kid Curry
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 am

I would have to say the Day They Hanged Kid Curry and The Man Who Broke The Bank At Red Gap are my two favorites. I love an outlaw-like Heyes!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 am

Although my favorites change periodically, I'd have to say my current favorite is Jailbreak in Junction City. It's always in my top 10 but is the one I find myself most likely to watch right now. The banter between the boys is great. As a light-sider, I have to love all the great lines the Kid gets in this one at his sarcastic/sardonic best. You have Heyes at his sneakiest and also get insight into his leadership talents when he is debating whether to trust Clitterhouse, and the revenge he engineers when they're betrayed. It also seems to be the episode where the two of them really buy into the fact that they've gone straight regardless of the consequences -- when they opt to return to the jail. There is absolutely no reason for them to do that (other than finishing the story) and they've shown themselves to be completely unbothered by breaking out of jail if necessary, so... Given that character development was not a big deal in 70s TV shows, there is a fair amount of it in this episode. For that I can forgive them the logic holes/gaps in the story -- there are always some and some bother me more than others -- the ones in this episode don't.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 am

There are a few I can watch, again and again.

Six Strangers at Apache Springs
The Posse That Wouldn't Quit
The Day They Hanged Kid Curry
Journey from San Juan
The Reformation of Harry Briscoe

There are bits and pieces of other episodes that I really like, too.

The snappy dialogue in Never Trust An Honest Man, and the way Pete and Ben volley their lines back and forth like Wimbledon superstars.

Pete's acting and character development of Hannibal Heyes in The Men Who Robbed the Bank at Red Gap

Jailbreak at Junction City, for the development of a Hannibal Heyes plan

Exit from Wickenburg, for the scenes in which our boys confront the cheating blackjack player and thieving bartender, and the banter when they confront the man with the scarred face

Night of the Red Dog, for the card-playing scenes, and the way Heyes responds to Curry's illness

Several scenes in the pilot, especially those with the Devil's Hole Gang, and that first scene with the boys, Lom and Miss Porter.

The Root of It All, for the scenes between Heyes and Leslie. I always felt that Leslie had a very similar character to Heyes', and that's how he was able to read her so well.

Smiler With a Gun, for the confrontation scenes with Danny, and the scene with Lureen in the saloon. I loved that actress; she absolutely steals that scene from the boys.

And probably a few others that I'm forgetting right now.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 pm

"The Day They Hanged Kid Curry" and "Wrong Train to Brimstone" are my current favorites. After those two, I'd have to say "Never Trust an Honest Man".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 am

I have so many favorites! I guess 'The Day They Hanged Kid Curry','Night of the Red Dog','10 Days That Shook Kid Curry' and '21 Days toTenstrike' are a few of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite ASJ Episodes   Favorite ASJ Episodes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite ASJ Episodes
Page 1 of 1