Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's addictive!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

It's addictive! Empty
PostSubject: It's addictive!   It's addictive! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Here's a site for all you grammar- thusiasts to enjoy! Good old Bristol Uni!
Beware! The exercises are a bit addictive! It's addictive! 3986226587

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises/grammar/grammar_tutorial/page_01.htm

It's addictive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's addictive!   It's addictive! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Oooh, Frankie! For those of us who don't have English as a first language, this is wonderful! I know I have blackspots. I've been playing already and this is saved as a favourite. Punctuation is a particular nuance in each language - French and Spanish value lots of exclamations to emote, Gaelic builds up superlatives by adding description in layers - looking like run-on sentences if translated literally.

I love this!
Back to top Go down

It's addictive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's addictive!   It's addictive! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

I've glanced but not focused. I suspect it will be confusing for us poor Yanks. Having had British clients, I know a lot of the punctuation is different (that and the choice of prepositions were the biggest causes of constant rewrites when writing briefs). Nonetheless, it looks interesting and thanks Frankie for posting it.
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

It's addictive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's addictive!   It's addictive! Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm

You also get a lot of use out of Grammar Girl (American this time):

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/

I am always using it at work. When someone calls in the grammar police (usually me and a couple of other colleagues), I can often find a grammar girl page to explain the principle better and more thoroughly than I have time to do. Like collective nouns, a problem that I hear come up all the time. Even on National Public Radio!
HW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's addictive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's addictive!   It's addictive! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's addictive!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: Writers' Aids :: Writing Questions-
Jump to: