Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sex in the Real West

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

Sex in the Real West Empty
PostSubject: Sex in the Real West   Sex in the Real West Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:56 pm

This program showed up as a recommendation on my youtube feed. I did watch it, and I recommend it if you're looking for a general overview of prostitution in the late 1800's. You may enjoy hearing about the real-life saloon girls, dance hall girls, and prostitutes.

Again, it's very general and isn't much more than an overview. I kind of wish it was longer, or had at least gone into more detail. But, hey, it's something. It's only 40 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_do-0qmcU

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sex in the Real West   Sex in the Real West Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks for the link, Rosie Annie. I've seen this program before and always enjoyed it. The entire "Real West" series is interesting, and I didn't know it was on YouTube.

In case anyone is interested in reading further, several books cover the subject nicely -- "Soiled Doves," by Anne Seagraves, "Upstairs Girls," by Michael Rutter, and "Daughters of Joy, Sisters of Misery," by Anne M. Butler.

Last edited by Remuda on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: furthering the topic   Sex in the Real West Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

Another great version are the books by: Anne Seagraves they are fictional accounts of the prostitutes of the West. Great Reading

Sex in the Real West
Page 1 of 1