Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Posting on another site.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Posting on another site. Empty
PostSubject: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Has anyone here posted over on WWOMB? I've been successful (I think) in posting two chapters of TOF over there, but now just seem to be going in circles to get the rest posted. It's kinda sorta driving me nuts and besides, I'd rather be spending that time writing than trying to figure out a new site!!
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
mouse4ever

mouse4ever

PostSubject: WWOMB   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:27 pm

I have all my stories posted there. I have never had any difficulty. Are you emailing them a copy of the stories as well?
Back to top Go down
EleanorW

EleanorW

PostSubject: Re: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm

I have a number of stories posted on WWOMB and I've not experienced any problems there. In fact I find uploading stories on that site easier than other sites I've used.

http://eleanorward.wixsite.com/asjfics

PostSubject: Re: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:20 pm

As usual, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I haven't tried emailing them my stories yet, just been going to the 'my account' and clicking on 'Add a story' or 'Add a series' and it just dosen't go anywhere. Is the email address an obvious one? Keep in mind I am not very intuitive when it comes to computers!!!
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:30 am

Usually, when you have difficulties posting a story on any site, the problem is, unfortunately, on your end. Sometimes it is just not understanding the directions, which can usually be resolved by writing the site owners, but, sometimes, it is a technical problem. That can be more difficult. When you are online your computer comes into contact with all sorts of cookies and things that affect its ability to function properly. Keays, you might want to find some handy techno-nerd guy you trust, and have him check your computer periodically to clean things up. Even if that isn't the cause of your problem, it will speed your computer up enough to make working on it easier. And a techno-nerd can usually show you how to use any site, which may be easier for you than trying to solve things by e-mail.

PostSubject: Re: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi BeeJay, thanks for the suggestions. It's a brand new laptop so I don't think it needs cleaning up yet. Chances are good it's just me not understanding the directions. I have sent an email to the managers of the site but haven't received anything back. I'll try again when I'm not feeling quite so frustrated with it all.
Back to top Go down
mouse4ever

mouse4ever

PostSubject: Re: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Sometimes just deleating your cookies can be a big help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting on another site.   Posting on another site. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting on another site.
Page 1 of 1