Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is going to sound a little strange...

Go down 
+3
FrankieASJ
RosieAnnie
Calico
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CarolineMcK

CarolineMcK

This is going to sound a little strange...  Empty
PostSubject: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:20 am

ok, so... like I warned this is going to sound a little strange...
Have any of you ever thought of writing about future generations of Kid and Heyes?
I mean like transporting the basic characters to today's world, with basic updating and yet keeping the essence and substance of Kid and Heyes intact. Not time travel, but more like fourth or fifth generation Kid and Heyes.

I ask this because I am trying to work on a few pieces of this nature and was wondering how far off track is this considered? scratch

I have a long way to go before any of it is postable, but wanted to know am I going too far or could this merely be another facet to writing fan fic? Before some of you get angry, my characters are not outlaws, but are close friends and distantly related. Iwas inspired to write this by SJ Smith. Fell in love with a few of her stories years ago.

Am I ready to be locked away padded or is this an acceptable venue to continue with? If I do continue, would I be able to post it here for tweaking and some basic polishing?

Thanks in advance for your responses thankyou . I'm going to be off again for awhile and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back. Hopefully soon, but no guarantees.
Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:46 am

You can do anything whatsoever you enjoy in fanfic...
Enjoy your updating!!

I remember the S J Smith story with the updated DHG on motorbikes and a modern version of villainous Danny B. Lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 am

I think this is a cool idea.I would love to read those stories. You can certainly post those stories here. sm

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 am

By the way, I might as well mention this here as Caroline made the attempt. You cannot chage the font in the headers to the threads. I can't even change the font in an announcement which is why they look so dull when posted. I think the only thing I can change in the announcement is color.

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 am

That's a great idea CarolineM. Wasn't there a story some time ago about Heyes and Curry being present day police detectives? I can't remember who wrote it but it was a very good read.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:54 pm

There's a story on fanfiction.net called, I think "Heyes and Curry 2000", alternate title "The Conman and the Gunman." It puts Heyes and Curry as co-workers at Trevor's Traveling Western Circus, circa 2000.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:28 am

I had an idea about writing a script for a new tv show based on ASJ set in Britain - in the South West about 2 guys who were on the run because they had been stitched up by some gangland boss so were wanted by the police but had to try and prove their innocence. They travelled around in an old VW camper van and did odd jobs wherever possible, getting into a variety of situations. Sound familiar?! This is going to sound a little strange...  364988687
But it's still in my head - along with the children's book, short story and longer novel I keep thinking of writing - keep getting side tracked by fanfic! Rolling Eyes

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 am

I think it's a good idea and you should go for it! study

CarolineMcK

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 pm

ok... another idea came to me and I've been toying around with it

this time I've found ghost characters of our heroes and have them interacting with their descendants ...  excited    it's almost a continuation of the old story I was working on, but this has found a life of its own and before I allow it out of the writing closet I would like to know if there would be any problems or objections to posting it here a little at a time reading
I know it's not for everyone, and I know some of you don't do out of bounds stuff that's why I'm asking
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 6:53 pm

It sounds unusual, Caroline, but interesting. I have no objection to you posting it here, in fact I am curious to read it.sm

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

As long as it sounds like Heyes and Curry, I'm game to read it!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is going to sound a little strange...    This is going to sound a little strange...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is going to sound a little strange...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: Writers' Aids :: Writing Questions-
Jump to: