Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Tale Of The Stray Bullet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kid's Sister

The Tale Of The Stray Bullet Empty
PostSubject: The Tale Of The Stray Bullet   The Tale Of The Stray Bullet Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 10:29 am

TThe Tale Of The Stray Bullet Faceap10
                                      The Tale of the Stray Bullet
It was a glorious Kansas morning the sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and on the Curry ranch near the town of Goodland, one Jed Curry was just finishing his breakfast before
heading out to check on the stock and his horses. His wife
Lizzie was beginning to clear the breakfast things away with help of their daughters Annabelle and Mary.

The youngest children were on their way to school while the eldest help around the farm except for the eldest son Thaddeus for he is the new sheriff. Jed kissed his wife and went out putting on his gun as he did so. Then he called to the rest of his sons.

“Come on boys it’s time to go to work”
“Ok Pa”

The boys followed him out they all went to the stables, to get their horses. Jed went towards an elderly looking mare she had been with him since he was a boy through all of his adventures as a soldier and then as an outlaw. She was his beloved Candy.

He took his saddle and put it on her he spoke to her as he tacked her up.
“Come old girl time to go to work” then he turned and shouted.

“Soldier come on boy time to go to work.” And out came an elderly looking border Collie mind you Jed Curry was no spring chicken. He was 63 and beginning to not only look it but feel it too.

The boys rode out to round up the stock. It was nearing the middle of the day when something awful happened. Young Ben Curry was trying to unstick the hammer on his gun. When it went off just as his pa was riding passed him. He pitched forward in his saddle, slowly fell out of his saddle and lay on the floor motionless.

“Pa! Oh no what have I done?” said Ben as he got off his horse and went down to his father’s side. He touched him and found to his absolute relief his still alive.

He rolled him over and found he was bleeding from his shoulder. He remounted and rode off towards his brothers. Kyle looked up to see him riding towards him with all haste.

“What’s wrong Ben?” he asked him as he reached him. Ben struggled to tell him eventually he managed it.
“I’ve shot pa by accident he’s over there bleedin’ from his shoulder”.

“Come on let me see how badly hurt he is”.

“Ok”

Kyle turned to his other brother’s and said,

“I’m gonna go and see Pa”

“Why?”

“Cause Ben’s gone and shot him by accident”.

“What!”

Kyle rode over to his father with Ben, by the time they got there Jed was conscious and sitting up Kyle pulled up and dismounted.

“Pa you, ok?”

“Kyle that’s a bit of a silly question seein’ as I have got a bullet hole in my shoulder given to me by your brother.”
“I’m sorry pa” came the squeak from on high”. Jed looked up to see Ben looking worried and very sorry for what he’d done. They managed to get him back on Candy and they headed home.

When their mother was told what had happened, she turned to her son and said,

“Why didn’t you ask your father before you went out to help you?”

“Because I thought I could do it myself I am sorry mamma”.

“Oh, I know now go and fetch the doctor and your brother Thaddeus”

“I think Kyle has gone to fetch them”

The doctor and Sheriff Thaddeus Curry arrived at the house. Thaddeus looked at his brother and said,

“What were you thinking?”

“I wasn’t really thinking about anything”  

“It wasn’t done on purpose Thaddeus it was an accident. I think we should just leave it that way” said Lizzie as there was a knock at the door. Lizzie answered it and there stood Heyes and Angel.

“We heard Kid’s been shot he is alright it’s not…serious” asked Heyes as he entered with Angel.

“No, it’s not serious it’s only my shoulder” said Jed as he came out of his and Lizzie’s room with the doctor not far behind him.

“Jed should you be up” asked Angel as she went over to him.

“Yes, I’m alright”.

“Pa, I am sorry I was only tryin’ to get my gun to unstick I didn’t see ya comin’ if I had done, I would have pointed it the other way I feel awful”.

“Oh, Ben don’t worry I’ve been hit by a stray bullet before now haven’t I Heyes”.

Heyes looked a little sheepish and said,

“Yes, but that another story entirely.

Last edited by Kid's Sister on Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found a typing error)

Penski and rachel741 like this post

Back to top Go down

The Tale Of The Stray Bullet
Page 1 of 1