Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dec 21 - A friendly gathering

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calico

Calico

Dec 21 - A friendly gathering  Empty
PostSubject: Dec 21 - A friendly gathering    Dec 21 - A friendly gathering  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2021 1:07 am

Cheery 1st of December waves...
This month's topic is something I am hoping for several of this December...

Sharpen your pencils and let your fertile and ingenious brains ponder, pensively and positively on...

A friendly gathering

grouphug
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Dec 21 - A friendly gathering    Dec 21 - A friendly gathering  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2021 1:32 pm

The warmth of the saloon hit two cold and tired ex-outlaws as they opened a heavy oaken door and entered the smoky log cabin.  The odors of stale beer and sweat were next to assault their senses, but as their eyes adjusted to the gloomy light, the Kid and Heyes saw the happy faces of several of their former gang members.  Wheat and Kyle were sitting near the front of the room and each wore a huge, welcoming grin. Behind them at the next table, sat Lobo, Hank, and the Preacher.  At the bar stood Ike Wilson and Chuck Langdon smiling sheepishly.  The Kid and Heyes hadn’t seen either of them since they’d decided to go for the amnesty!  Chuck’s real name was Joe, but he’d been dubbed Chuck short for chuckwagon when he’d become a cook.  Most surprising of all, the Devil’s Hole gang’s other longtime cook, Gully, stood behind the plank and barrel bar.  In his hands, he held up two glasses and a bottle of fine whiskey.  From all the smiling, it was plain he’d been busy and generous.  Cheers arose and yells of “Congratulations” and “Hurrah” filled the small building.

Smiling, the Kid started working his way around, shaking hands and slapping backs.  Heyes walked over to the bar and accepted a filled glass from Gully, then turned and lifted it high.  “To good friends!”  He downed his drink in one gulp and slammed it on the bar top.  Gully quickly refilled it.  “Thanks, Gully, it’s real good to see you.  So, this is where you ran off to, huh?”

The short, gray-haired man shook his head, “Nope. This is where I’ve ended up at.  Traveled a bit, then figured I’d invest my money from that last job we pulled together.  Welcome, to Gully’s Drinking Emporium and Café.”

“You always were smarter than the rest of us,” replied Heyes.  He walked over to the Preacher and shook hands with his old friend.  “Did you plan this rodeo?”

“Can’t say as I did.  Wheat here got the old gang together.  Said you two finally got your amnesty.  That true?” Tall and gaunt, the Preacher was still dressed in the old, dark suit he had favored at the Hole.  “You never can tell with Wheat.”

“It’s true.  It finally came through a couple of weeks ago.  We got a telegram from Lom congratulating us and telling us to meet him here but not to say anything to anyone.  Guess now we know why he chose such an out of the way spot.”

The Kid had walked over and joined the conversation, frowning, “Made us right nervous.  Thought maybe he was gonna say it was all a mistake.”

Heyes nodded agreement.  “We are pretty surprised to find out it’s a gathering of old friends. Old and possibly wanted friends.”

A bear paw of a hand settled on Heyes’ shoulder and he turned slightly towards his former lieutenant, Wheat Carlson, who gathered him into a tight hug then abruptly released him; both embarrassed.  “Lom woulda been here, but he couldn’t risk it. Not being the law and all.  He sends his best.  This here’s all that could make it.  Some of the boys we didn’t know how to reach and the others…well, they’d have been here if they could.”

Touched, Heyes took another gulp of his whiskey to hide his emotions.  He and Wheat had been like oil and water, but the big man had always been loyal.  “It’s real good to see you, Wheat, all of you.  Are you still at the Hole?”

Kyle Murtry appeared next to his former boss.  “Naw, me and Wheat left a few years after you.  Just wasn’t the same no more.  Struck out on our own for a while but left the gang for good last fall.  We’re  workin’ on our Spanish with some real pretty sin-yor-ritas in Juarez.”

“Guess you became honest citizens before Heyes and me,” said the Kid.

“I never said nothing ‘bout honest,” chuckled Wheat.  “We just needed a little chance of scenery.”

“Heyes, Kid, come on over and sit down with the rest of us,” yelled Hank.  He and the others had pushed several tables together and were seated.  Gully and Chuck appeared with several steaming dishes of fragrant food.

“Come and get it afore it gets cold!”  Chuck waved them over.

Soon outlaw and ex-outlaw alike finished eating and sat back, swapping stories of the old days and tales of what they’d been doing since they’d last seen each other.  Memories of the Devil’s Hole gang’s triumphs dominated the night.

“You remember that job we pulled in Big Piney in the dead of winter? Damn that place was cold,” said Lobo.

“I’d forgotten ‘bout that one.”  Hank shivered involuntarily despite the warmth of the cabin.

“Ain’t no wonder,” laughed Kyle.  “You froze your butt to the saddle tryin’ to shake that posse.  Tore your pants just gettin’ off your horse.”  The rest of the table hooted and jeered before the Preacher spoke up.  “That’s when I knew we were riding with a genuine genius.  You, remember, Heyes?  You had the blacksmith put those cleats on our horses’ shoes.”

Lobo jumped in. “I remember that one.  Wheat argued with you ‘til he was blue in the face that you was gonna lame our mounts, but we were sure glad to have ‘em when that posse almost cornered us at North Piney Creek.”

The Kid leaned into the back of his chair until the front legs lifted off the floor.  He patted his belly happily.  “I’ll never forget the look on that sheriff’s face when he tried to get his men to follow us across. It was frozen solid.  Those horses were almost running in place when they crashed through the ice.”

“Yeah, I gotta admit Heyes was right about that one,” said Wheat, smiling at the memory.  “We traipsed across that creek pretty as you please.  Got clean away.  That sheriff sure was ornery about it, too. Some of them curses were right inventive.”  

“To Heyes and the Kid,” said Preacher, holding up his glass.  “The two most successful outlaws the west has ever known!”

Heyes looked around the table at the raised glasses and rosy glows on his friends’ faces as the Kid leaned over to him and softly said, “Don’t be gettin’ any ideas, Heyes.  They were good times, but there’s better ahead.”  

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry

Nebraska Wildfire and rachel741 like this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Dec 21 - A friendly gathering    Dec 21 - A friendly gathering  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2021 12:10 pm

Think this fits sort of.

“Well, don't it seem weird to you that Kid and Heyes just roll up and say they wanna spend sometime here at the hole? I bet they're planning to take over again, amnesty weren't never gonna be a reality.” He grunted. “I told 'em that, you wouldn't get no law-man fooling Wheat Carlson with a pipe dream. No sir, I'm cleverer than that. So I'm tellin' you, Kyle, I ain't having it. They can't just roll up and expect us to welcome them back.”

Wheat Carlson glared at his partner who scratched his backside through grubby pants before rubbing his nose with a shrug. “You're leader now, Wheat, you can do what ya want. No one is gonna argue, the folk who rode with us when they was in charge weren't happy when they left and some of them ain't even here no more. You tell 'em to go if that's what ya wantin'. They ain't armed, they tossed their guns real easy when Max asked 'em to.”

Wheat jumped on his horse muttering to himself. “It ain't right them thinking they can just turn up and invite themselves in so I'm just gonna send 'em on their way.”

Kyle's bovine gaze rested on him. “Well, Wheat, they ain't exactly done that. They ain't even tried to come in. Just fired the shots and asked.” His face crumpled into puzzlement. “Weren't really like either of 'em to be that polite neither, or give up their guns so easy- ya know what the Kid is like with his.”

Wheat glared at his friend and said. “They're just tryin' to fool me! I let 'em in and that'll be it. I ain't falling for that, no siree, my mama didn't raise no fool.”

While he rode up to the lookout, he planned all manner of less than friendly and maybe even downright proddy things to say to his former leaders, but the sight that greeted him gave him a bit of a jolt.

The Kid was half-lying on the grass, his back against a rock, his rolled-up Sherpa behind his head and his hat on the ground beside him, while his horse munched behind. Heyes had also dismounted and was crouched by his side and in a voice kinder and more concerned than Wheat thought he'd ever heard him use asked softly. “Better?”

Kid smiled weakly at his partner and nodded. Heyes reached over him and gently placed his hat on his head to shield his eyes. Neither had even noticed his approach too wrapped up in each other, which struck Wheat as strange as he would have figured they'd have been alert to any danger.

It did however give him the opportunity to study them and he was shocked at what he saw. They both looked very dusty and they had lost some weight. Heyes especially, and although the Kid looked to be in worse shape than his partner, as Heyes with a final pat on the Kid's shoulder stood slowly, it was obvious he was in some discomfort too.

As he moved away, Kid stirred and without removing his hat said. “Wheat ain't forced to be friendly Heyes, he's well within his rights to just up and tell us to leave. And folk might think we're slipping back into our old ways.”

“Ain't no one gotta know where we are.  And we ain't planning on staying more than a few days anyways, just long enough so you can rest up some and not be bothered.”

“Well we gotta be prepared for the fact that he won't be happy and just send us away. I ain't in no shape for a fight, we gave them our guns and he'll have the gang backing him up.”

“I know, Kid, I know, but we gotta try as I ain't got nothing else.” Heyes sounded exhausted.

Wheat having heard enough cleared his throat to draw their attention. Kid immediately struggled to his feet, his arms folded, looking every inch the dangerous gunman. Heyes smiled his usual irritating grin, but with what he'd heard Wheat recognised both things as camouflage.

“Heyes, Kid...”

“Wheat.” Kid nodded at him, confident, laconic and seemingly unconcerned, but Wheat having seen and heard what he had, could spot the creases of pain in his forehead.

Heyes' eyes flicked between his partner and Wheat. “How long you bin here?”

“Long enough.” Wheat felt some satisfaction at the slightly pained expression that crossed his old leader's face and the slight flush that had appeared on Kid's cheeks.

Heyes glanced at Kid who shrugged carefully, then he looked back up at Wheat, his face now composed to show no hint of discomfort. “Then you know we ain't fixing to come in and take back over.  We're just wanting a quiet place to rest up to avoid the storm that we figure is heading this way. And before you ask, we ain't got no one on our tail. We lost 'em days ago.”

Wheat let his gaze flick between them, savouring the fact that for once he had all the power.  How the mighty have fallen he thought letting a smug smile break across his face. His grin only broadened when his unexpected and not entirely welcome visitors winced in a way that had nothing to do with physical pain. He decided that it'd be satisfying to play the generous friend and nodded at them. “As long as you ain't planning on overstaying your welcome, guess it won't do no harm to let ya in.”

Quickly shuttered relief crossed Heyes' face as he said with every appearance of meaning it. “We're mighty grateful, Wheat. Like I say won't be for more than a few days.”

They carefully mounted their horses, Kid with far less ease than usual. As Wheat turned to lead them up the path to the hole, he heard Kid mutter to Heyes. “Think they're gonna give us our guns back?”

“Don't push it Kid...”

XXX

Wheat glanced back at the two former leaders of the devil's hole gang as they followed him into the bunkhouse and hid a smile at the Kid's wince when he was slapped firmly on the back by Lobo, who grinned wide. “So, boys you finally come home then?”

Wheat felt his hackles go up, ready to demand they leave, but Heyes shook Lobo's hand firmly, while shaking his head. “'Fraid not, we're just here a few days hoping to stay amongst friends while the storm passes, then we'll be on our way. Ole Wheat here seems to be doing a good job for you boys. If you don't mind, we're just gonna take a coupla beds in the bunkhouse, play a few games of poker.”

Lobo's face fell briefly, before his expression lightened. “Yeah, Wheat, ain't got such grand ideas, but we do pretty well out of the ones he does have.”

Wheat glanced between the two men and saw the tension ease out of them both and feeling happy that they weren't about to dethrone him, waved over to the far wall. “We got coupla free bunks over in the corner.”

Heyes glanced over at the Kid who nodded and made his way over to where Wheat had indicated and flopped down carefully, closing his eyes, as Heyes turned to grin at the rest of the gang. “Well it's mighty fine to be in such a friendly gathering of folk for a few days. I got some whisky in my saddle bags and a new pack of cards.”

Heyes sat down at the table in the middle of the room producing the bottle and the cards with a flourish. The others quickly gathered round him and soon a game was in full swing. Wheat leaning against the wall watching, met Heyes' gaze steadily as he looked up, and hoped his face showed that he was aware that the poker game had simply been a way of distracting the men from the Kid, to allow him to rest. But he also shrugged to let his old boss know that he was more than willing to let it go. He even joined in the next hand that was dealt.

Wheat saw Heyes glancing over between hands at his now fast asleep partner, a slight crease of worry in his brow. Wheat shook his head- he'd always known Heyes wasn't as smart as he figured he was and this proved it. But if they were fool enough to carry on seeking an impossible dream, it weren't no business of his and as long as they were, his position was safe, so there weren't no need to fuss himself as he held all the aces for a change.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

Last edited by rachel_74_1 on Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Nebraska Wildfire and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.rachel74asj.com/om/website
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Dec 21 - A friendly gathering    Dec 21 - A friendly gathering  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2021 8:47 pm

December 2021 – A Friendly Gathering

Two weary and filthy men cautiously rode into Rock Springs. They smiled when they didn’t recognize the name of the sheriff.

“Looks like a nice town,” Heyes commented before yawning. “I know I could use a soft bed for a few days.”

Curry nodded in agreement. “I think a bed sounds even better than dinner. How about a quick drink?”

“That sounds like a plan.” Heyes reined his horse over to the Copper Penny Saloon.

The Kid followed and the two partners dismounted in unison.

Heyes looked around. “Town looks kinda busy. Think we should get a room before a drink?”

Kid Curry had noticed there was a busyness to the main street going through the town. “Probably not a bad idea.”

Instead of heading inside the Copper Penny, they headed across the street to the large hotel.

“Pretty big place – there has to be room,” Heyes commented as he observed size of the building before entering the lobby. He went to the counter and rang the bell.

A portly gentleman with a mutton chops sideburns came out from the back room. “Sorry, but we’re full.”

“Full? There’s not one room available in this big hotel?” Curry asked incredulous.

“Nope. Not a single room is available. Heard the boarding houses are full, too.”

“Why’s every place full?” Heyes pushed his hat back.

“There’s a gathering of some sort in town.”

“So, there’s no place to stay in town?” The Kid wanted to know.

“Well, the Copper Penny across the street has been known to rent out a few rooms. They have a third floor that don’t see much business, if you know what I mean.”

“We know what you mean. Thanks for the advice.” Heyes turned and walked out heading back across the street with Curry trailing.

The two former outlaws went up to the counter, put down a few coins, and ordered beer.

“Here you go.” The bartender slid them over to them.

Heyes took a long drink then wiped the foam from his mouth. “Heard you might have a room you’d rent out. The hotel’s full.”

The barkeep nodded. “I bet it is full. Yeah, I have a couple of rooms still available. Want two rooms or the one with the twin beds?”

“Twin beds will be good. How much?”

“A dollar a night.”

Heyes pulled out two dollars. “For at least two nights, maybe more.”

“Name’s Sam Williamson. And yours?”

“Joshua Smith and he’s Thaddeus Jones.” Heyes pointed his thumb towards his partner.

“Well, Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones, when you’re done with your beers, my boy, Oscar, will show you upstairs and bring a pitcher of water up for you.”

An hour later, a slightly cleaner Heyes and Curry came down the saloon stairs.

Heyes turned towards his partner and asked, “How about a bowl of stew here instead of going to the diner?”

“Sounds good to me. After a long sleep, a big breakfast will be good.”

They ordered and paid for the saloon’s daily special of stew.

“Room is okay?” the barkeeper asked.

“Sure. Any bed will feel better than the ground,” Curry commented. “Just came off a cattle drive.”

Heyes took a sip of whiskey. “We probably won’t be bothered as tired as we are, but I’m wondering how noisy it’ll be.”

“Quieter than the second floor, but with the window open you’ll hear the bar. Can’t be avoided. Oh, and some of the couples can get fairly boisterous, too, but that don’t last long.” The bartender glanced to a side door. “Oscar has your stew.”

Heyes and the Kid took their full glass of whiskey and bowl of stew to a table in the corner.

“Getting busy in here,” Heyes observed. “Poker should be good from what I’m seeing.”

“But not tonight,” Curry confirmed.

Heyes shook his head. “I don’t think I’d be able to stay awake and concentrate, even if I wanted to.”

“Oh no!” Curry dropped his spoon into a now empty bowl. “Joshua, tell me that’s not who I think it is.”

Heyes scraped the last of his stew onto his spoon as he looked around for someone familiar. He quickly noted a weasel-looking man with an unlight cigar in his mouth glancing around the room. He sighed. “Not Harry Briscoe.”

Dark eyes widened and a mouth opened wide when Briscoe glanced at the corner table. He barely caught his cigar from falling on the floor. Quickly maneuvering around the busy room, he made his way over to them. ‘What are you two doing here?”

“We could ask you the same question,” Heyes commented as he drank the last of his whiskey.

“You can’t be here!” Briscoe looked around the room with a panicked look. “Hurry! Hide under the table!”

“Hide under the table?”

“Well, if you don’t’, I’m gonna.” Harry ducked down but was prevented from carrying out his plan by Kid Curry’s hand grabbing his arm.

“Sit, Harry, and tell us what’s goin’ on,” Curry demanded.

Briscoe slunk low in the chair, pulling his hat down so hopefully no one recognized him. “You men can’t be here! I can’t be seen with you!” he hissed.

Heyes bent low over the table. “Why not?”

“Well, if you haven’t noticed, the town’s full…”

“We noticed,” Curry lifted his glass for more and Sam nodded his head, sending one of the gals over with a bottle.

“There’s a friendly gathering in town…”

Heyes motioned for him to be silent while the saloon gal took their money and poured more whiskey for everyone at the table.

“Go on,” Heyes encouraged when she left. “A friendly gathering...”

“Of Bannermans.”

Kid Curry and Heyes choked on the sip they had taken.

“Bannermans?!” Curry quietly sputtered.

Harry nodded and looked around the room. “See why you can’t be here and why I can’t be seen with you?”

“Quit looking so suspicious,” Heyes whispered. “If you act normal, no one will know.”

Curry gave his partner a look. Harry act normal?

Heyes shrugged his shoulders in answer. “How long is this friendly gathering?”

“Oh, we have another day in town and leaving the next morning on our assignments.”

“Harry, why don’t you go do whatever you were gonna do when you came in here. Me and Thaddeus have to talk.”

“Okay, Jones.”

Curry sighed. “I’m Jones. He’s Smith.”

“Right. Just testing you.” Harry swallowed his drink, got up, and went over to watch the roulette table.

“How do you wanna handle this?” the Kid asked.

“Well, we did pay for a room, and I am awful tired.”

“Me, too.”

“What if we slip up to our room while Harry’s distracted and stay up there until the Bannermans leave? Just have to be up there two nights and a day. We’ll get plenty of rest by then.”

“I like how you think, Joshua.”

The two former outlaws finished their drinks and quickly headed up the stairs.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

At two in the morning, Heyes sighed and went over to the open window.

“It’ll get too warm if you close it,” came a quiet voice.

“You’re awake, too?”

“How could anyone in town sleep with all that noise. One of the gals has to be a moaning Myrtle.”

Heyes chuffed. “Ain’t that the truth. Wonder if she’s pretending.”

“Of course, she is. I sure can’t see her bein’ all the excited with any of those Bannermans we saw enterin’ the saloon earlier.” Curry sat up and leaned against the bed frame.

Heyes yawned. “I’m so tired.”

“Me, too.” The Kid yawned in response. “And we’ll probably have another night of this.”

“We really can’t leave the area without getting supplies and we can’t shop with all them in town,” Heyes commented. “What if we headed out early and found somewhere to camp nearby? I’ll trade a soft bed for some peace and quiet.”

Curry yawned again. “Okay, but what about food?”

“Maybe we can pay Oscar to buy us some sandwiches.”

“I’d be good with that for a day.”

“We can follow the creek and hopefully find a place to bathe.”

“I do need a bath.” The Kid laid back down and put his pillow over his head. “Even this don’t work,” came a very muffled voice.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

By mid-morning, Heyes and the Kid found an ideal place to camp in a grove of trees along the creek where it was slightly dammed up making for a watering hole and bathtub. They ate one of their sandwiches and gathered their soap and dirty clothes.

“May as well wash clothes while we wash ourselves,” Curry commented.

Clothed just in their union suits, they ventured out in the warm, pooled water getting themselves wet.

“This sure feels good getting all the dust off.” Heyes headed to the shore to get the soap.

Curry floated. “I could sleep right here.”

“Wait until your clothes and you are clean.”

“Fine.” The Kid made his way over to his partner and the two began washing their clothes.

They were almost finished when they heard lots of rapid succession gunfire.

“What the…” Curry grabbed his Colt.

Heyes unholstered his gun and followed the Kid, both keeping low in the bushes. They laid down and peered through the branches.

“Oh no!” Curry dropped his head on the ground. “Heyes, tell me that’s not who I think it is.”

Heyes sighed as he saw a weasel-looking man darting away from a large group of men shooting and heading towards the bushes. “Not Harry, again.”

“What’s he doin’? He can’t know we’re here.”

“If I had to guess from the look on his face and his urgence in coming towards the bushes, I think he’s looking of a private place to do his business, not knowing we’re here.”

“Great… Just great!”

A few minutes later, Harry Briscoe walked out of the shrubs towards the creek, adjusting his shirt tails into his pants. He bent down to wash his hands when he noticed familiar looking clothes hanging on bushes to dry. “Smith? Jones?”

“Yeah, Harry,” Heyes said as he sat on a log nearby.

“What are you doing here? You can’t be here!”

“We know. We saw the Bannermans havin’ some kind of shooting contest. Thaddeus is watching them.”

“So, why’d you come where we’re shooting?”

“We were here first and trying to get away from a town of Bannermans.”

“Well, you didn’t do a very good job,” Harry retorted.

“Joshua, you won’t believe how bad these guys shoot.” Curry came out from behind the bushes. “You’d win the contest.”

“Hey, I’m not bad,” Heyes defended himself.

“Are you in the contest, too, Harry?”

Briscoe lowered his head. “Everyone has to do it.”

“Well, with your double holster, you should do good.” Curry grinned.

“Say, think you could actually do the shooting for me? I’ll aim my gun put it’ll be your bullet?” Briscoe asked hopefully.

“No! I’m not gonna cheat for you.

“Besides, someone will figure it out and give us away.” Heyes shook his head. “I can’t believe you even suggested that, Harry.”

“You better get back. It’ll be your turn soon.”

“Suppose you’re right.” Briscoe started to turn away. “Better stay outta sight, boys!”

“That’s what we plan to do.” Heyes got up and felt his shirt hanging to dry. “It’s dry enough and I’m not gonna possibly get caught in my underwear.”

“Dry or not, I’m definitely puttin’ on my pants.” Curry sat on a log and began putting them on. “Guess we’re not gonna get any sleep out here with them shootin’ all afternoon.”

“Guess not. No rest for the weary.”

“Who said that? Sounds like something in the Bible, but you wouldn’t be knowin’ that to quote.”

“Not sure where I heard it, but it’s true.”

The Kid gathered his drying clothes. “Maybe we can sneak back to town and get a nap in before tonight.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Heyes and the Kid got back to their room clean, but exhausted. Heyes shut the curtains as the Kid barred the door.

“Finally, quiet!”

Both men fell on their beds, fluffed up their pillows and started to fall asleep.

KNOCK…KNOCK…KNOCK

“Mr. Smith? Mr. Jones?” Are you in there?

“Who wants to know?” Heyes demanded.

“My pa sent me up to bring fresh water.”

“Who you got in there, Oscar?” came a feminine voice.

“Oscar has guests he’s hiding from us?” another female ask.

“Come out and play, boys!”

“Yeah, we won’t hurt you.”

Kid Curry and Heyes sighed and sat up in unison.

“We got money?”

“Sure.”

“May as well not keep the ladies waitin’.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

When the Bannermans came back to town, Heyes and the Kid quickly said good-bye to their ladies and met back in their room.

“Now I’m even more tire!”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

All night the town was loud with the Bannermans having a fun time.

Up on the third floor of the saloon, two exhausted men finally slept.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Kid Curry yawned and sat up. He cocked his head and listened before looking out the window. “Heyes, what time is it?”

“Hmmm…” came a groggy voice.

“What time is it?”

Heyes picked up his watch and glanced at it. “Just after noon. Why?”

“Listen.”

Heyes furrowed his brow. “What am I supposed to be listening to?”

“That’s just it. It’s finally quiet. Town’s emptied of Bannermans with the exception of that stage that’s about to leave. We can actually go to the diner and get a real meal.”

“About time. Even I’m starving.” Heyes sat up and pulled his boots on.

“Heyes, you’re not gonna believe this. Look who’s down there.” Curry pointed out the window.

Harry Brisco stuck his head out of the window and waved as the stage took off.

rachel741 and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dec 21 - A friendly gathering    Dec 21 - A friendly gathering  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dec 21 - A friendly gathering
Page 1 of 1