Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stories by riders57

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Stories by riders57 Empty
PostSubject: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:03 am

Well, writing Candling got me thinking so I finished my tale of the Hotchkiss/Rembacker family and their interactions with our boys. It's posted on Wetpaint under Nora Winters -- The Hotchkiss/Rembacker Trilogy. The first two parts: The First Thanksgiving and Candling are the challenge stories (slightly edited, but you probably wouldn't notice) and the third is all new: Absolution.

Sorry my linking incompetence came through when I tried -- I can get you to wetpaint but then it would go into search mode rather than linking to the story.

So:

http://asjfanfiction.wetpaint.com

Hopefully you can find it from there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:39 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:08 am

Remuda -- thank you! Who knows why it didn't work, but I'm impressed I even could link to the website at all. Maybe someday I'll be able to do a full link.

I also meant to include in my original message -- but linking and the early hour got the better of me: I wanted to thank Penski and Skykomish for their very helpful comments while I was writing Absolution. Your assistance was invaluable.

Last edited by riders57 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Riders: I posted a comment on Wetpaint, but wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this trilogy. Great work!
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:39 am

Aww, Shucks, Riders. Embarassed It's a great story, and I enjoyed reading it. coffee Wonderful job! Thank you for the opportunity to comment.
Back to top Go down
countryrosie

countryrosie

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:05 am

Rider I loved your stories. Hope you write more about the Rembacker/Hopkiss stories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

Riders - Thanks for a wonderful read on a wet, cold holiday weekend. I finally finished the trilogy and truly enjoyed their progression through the tales. You capture this part of their lives so well and I really hope to see more.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Riders - I really enjoyed your trilogy bal The Candling story was the one that stuck with me the most. Emotional and well-written. Then in Absolution, I was glad to see some of the Hotchkiss/Rembacker back story. I hope when the boys get their amnesty, they go back to visit sunny

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Riders - I just read through the completed Hotchkiss/Rembacker Trilogy. You did a wonderful job on the rewrites. It flows seamlessly and flawlessly. You did a great job! reading cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What If?   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 am

I've posted another story of Heyes & the Kid in their teen years, over on wetpaint. It's called "What If?" and posted at Nora Winters' page. Hopefully the link below works.

http://asjfanfiction.wetpaint.com/page/What+If%3F
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 am

And a darn good story it is!

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 4:39 pm

It seems to be the time for posting new stories.

I just posted "The Goodnight Trail" over on Wetpaint (NoraWinters). Again teenage Heyes and Curry -- how did they get to Wyoming and what happened in Texas.

And a huge thanks to Remuda for all her help betaing the story and her very useful suggestions.

http://asjfanfiction.wetpaint.com/page/The+Goodnight+Trail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Since it's now announced on Wetpaint, I'll announce it here now. I posted the extended version of my March challenge story (basically 3 more scenes) -- was it smooth sailing once the boys reunited? Of course, not, then there wouldn't be a story.

The extended story is The Long, Long March by Nora Winters over on wetpaint:

http://asjfanfiction.wetpaint.com/page/The+Long%2C+Long+March
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stories by riders57   Stories by riders57 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stories by riders57
Page 1 of 1