Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Remuda

Remuda

Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid Empty
PostSubject: Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid   Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Interesting article about a rare tintype of Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett at link below. Apologies if you saw this elsewhere.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/billy-the-kid-photo.html

Cornelia May

PostSubject: Re: Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid   Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Interesting and lucky find for Mr. Abrams. I often look at old portraits and antique postcards at fleabmarkets as well, hoping to find something like this. It never happens that I buy any or find anything interesting, though. I know one thing, I'd keep the tintype or donate it to a museum like the Smithsonian, or perhaps a museum about the Lincoln County War, if there is one there in NM.

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid   Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 9:05 pm

What a great find!

EleanorW

EleanorW

PostSubject: Re: Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid   Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Fascinating.  I love to see old pictures of legendary people. Billy isn't quite how you imagine, after seeing him portrayed in the movies by good looking young actors, but portrayals of Pat Garratt appear to be more accurate.    That moustache was something else!!
Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid 4090779501

http://eleanorward.wixsite.com/asjfics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid   Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare Tintype of Billy the Kid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Tangentially Related to ASJ-
Jump to: