HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Elleree

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 pm

BTW, shall I not respond to the comments? I ask because I'm kinda new at this gig so tell me if it is annoying. i just really appreciate them and want you to know I read them all. I can also embody the Kid Curry style and be less talkative. :)

Inside outlaw: I appreciate the comments. Somehow the boys finding teeth seemed like a perfect pairing. I’m glad you thought it was fun—I always worry when I solely focus on humor. Somehow this wrote itself…which might be scary that this naturally occurred to me, heh.

Calico: Yes, I expect Mrs. Howard’s other reason for appreciating the boys was that they got to go find her husband’s teeth for a change!

I agree, it was “Poultry” of him, hah. I see I’m not the only pun lover. I don’t think the Kid found any of them amusing.

(The fact that he had a set in his mouth the whole time was the conclusion that occurred in my own personal teeth saga. I had been looking for my grandfather’s teeth outside in the dark with him after he was sure they’d fallen out of the Ziplock he kept them in in his pocket. Mr. Howard’s response was what my grandpa said after we finally went inside and discovered he had them in his mouth.)

It was sad they had to go, but hey they escaped—and I think Mrs. Howard probably enjoyed throwing those darn teeth on the floor. ;) Thank you for the review.
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Respond away to comments, Elleree! No reason not to and it's fun reading them.

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Nightwalker – Oh, I really liked this one, but my favorite genre is hurt/comfort. Marty is right that Lucille is perfect for the position. Maybe he should woo her hand and they sell only the medicine she makes. They wouldn’t get run out of town that way. The Kid was edgy when being “introduced” to Marty and Lucille and for good reason with his partner nearby. What a blessing to run into Lucille! Wonderful section about the abyss. I really like Marty. He was more concerned about Heyes than getting to the fair on time. Great challenge! applause

Elleree

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Nightwalker:

I find I am with Penski on this—I love hurt/comfort, I love this, and I think Marty needs to just sell her cures so perhaps they can stick around as long as they like!

I really liked both Marty Callahan, alias "Dr. Albus," and of course Lucille. Her heart melted when she saw the relationship between the boys just like ours always does.

“We won’t!” she objected strictly. “It’s too dark to drive the wagon any further.”
A short shimmer of white teeth told Marty about the stranger’s smile.

Loved this moment. We know Kid wouldn’t hurt them so long as they aren’t a danger to his partner, but they don’t and this humanizes him. It also just fits his character. BTW, I knew it was Kid before you pointed it out; technically the man with the gun could have been either. That is deft characterization in a few strokes. I think it was the stance relaxing but also those last lines.

I loved Kid’s protectiveness. This exchange:
“Where is he? Your friend?”
“Not far away.”

So protective, but it’s good he decided to trust them in the long run.

“You have to leave now, Thaddeus.”
“No.”
“That was no question!”
“You’re right. It is no question and I will stay!” he countered. Blue eyes locked with gray ones, tried to stare each other down.
Another painful sound from the bed broke the spell. Immediately Thaddeus turned around, touched his friend’s hand and focused his eyes on him. The worry and affection Lucille noticed in his glance told her everything she had to know.

That is perfect. Seriously.
Kid reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was so wonderful and so sad. And then that next scene broke my heart just a bit. In a good way! Also the wake up scene. Basically I could quote you back the whole story. I loved it and would equally love a continuing part... I want Heyes completely on the mend and of course it would be nice if Marty and Lucille partnered up permanently…
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Rosie Annie - Oh, I really like this one! You brought Grace back and in the perfect situation. Loved the awkwardness of the meeting - just how I would've pictured it. Glad the boys get a little pampering, even if it's just for the night. I loved the ending how Heyes immediately picked up that something was wrong, but didn't force the issue, just made himself available to his partner. Yes... Very good! bottle

Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 pm

RosieAnnie – Such a beautiful story. The boys one day early and so just in time, receiving a little bit of luxury that they surely wouldn’t have paid when they had another chance.

You captured the boys so well.

“Fine.” Heyes went to get his saddlebags. “At least I can rely on you to get our money’s worth at breakfast.”

And even more the ending. Wonderful :-)

I really can imagine the Kid watching the singers. He would be curious, wouldn’t he? And maybe he was already with his thoughts by a special woman he once got to know, before he turned around and met her again: Sister Grace. She’s such a beautiful character and you caught her very well.

I had a closer look at most episodes of the second season lately and in that occasion, I got the feeling there was more about the relationship between the Kid and Sister Grace than met the eye.

The script version I found online makes it clearer with two little lines that were left out in the end version.
It’s almost at the end of the episode - the Kid is surprised to find Sister Grace still in Apache Springs, she tells him, she wouldn’t leave without knowing he’d returned well and so on...finally she leaves to serve him a meal, the Kid’s eyes follow her (if I recall it right)

“HEYES’S VOICE
(quietly, seriously)

She isn’t for you, Kid...

Curry turns to see Heyes standing a few feet away.

CURRY

I know. And I think I’m sorry.”

And we never got to know what she intended to say when their goodbye was interrupted by the arrival of Mr. Fielding.

So, well, maybe the story could have ended otherwise. Maybe their second meeting includes a second chance. Or will they meet a third time...?
However, you story inspires the imagination.

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: A Day Late   Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Nightwalker:. I really like your characterizations of Marty and Lucille. They came off the page three dimensional for me, and set the stage for the boys’ arrival. I also liked how you captured the boys’ relationship so well. The Kid was protective as expected, and Heyes would never leave him if he had a choice. Thanks for letting Lucille save Heyes. It would be nice to see her and Marty again.

RosieAnnie: Such a wonderful discussion between the bartender and the boys on their opinion on “the evils of drink.” It was very true to character, of course, as was how the Kid met Grace again, and that she was for Prohibition, and he politely disagreed. I do like that you didn’t take a typical path of them getting together again. They obviously still felt the attraction they had earlier, but were still on separate paths. I loved that Heyes immediately knew something had happened, but let the Kid be, until perhaps later, to find out what. The Kid would have mentioned if it really mattered to their safety. Heyes sensed it was something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to    

Back to top Go down

Awestruck comments 2nd Sept 17 to
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12