HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Celebrating Amnesty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Penski

PostSubject: Celebrating Amnesty   Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 am

Amnesty!

FINALLY - the ink is dry on the governor's signature granting amnesty to Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry. How would two former outlaws celebrate to their new chance of life?

============================

From AllegraW:

I'm not sure. You might think that the Governor would want to use them for his own publicity etc. They were after all very popular outlaws (with everyone but the railroads and the banks!) and so the decision to grant them amnesty would also probably be quite popular. I could imagine the governor wanting to use that...maybe...?

From Frankie:

They'd drink too much beer and whiskey ...... with me! Hic!
Make mine a Guiness!

From Storm:

quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Frankie

They'd drink too much beer and whiskey ...... with me! Hic!
Make mine a Guiness!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I believe way too much alcohol would be consumed by the two of them. Frankie you can party with the blonde guy, I'll take the brown haired one. Hmmm, did they have vodka back them?? If not, I'm sure I'll find something that will do!

From Ghislaine:

I can see them celebrating in two ways:

a) Overindulging in whiskey and women: Yes, I think they'd get drunk--as long as they felt they were in a safe place, so maybe it wouldn't be in a saloon. And I think Kid, at least, would share his happiness with a member (or several) of the fairer sex; Heyes, I'm not so sure would. But I could sort of see him get involved in a very high stakes poker game to release some of that excess energy they are both bound to have.

b) After that--and to recover!--I could see them going off to be by themselves for a few days and during that time, I think they'd be fairly reflective. At least, Heyes would--he'd talk Kid's ear off about all the things they did growing up and the paths they took and all the reasons they went the way they did and he'd be trying to figure out what to do for the rest of their lives. And Kid would sit and listen and nod and smile and eventually tell Heyes to shut up and just enjoy the fact that they're finally free but if he don't quit talkin' he's gonna shoot him and that'll be the end of that!

From nm131:

Ghislaine - You've read my mind. I think you have the celebration down pat!

I definitely agree with a) Kid = woman (women), Heyes = high stakes poker. And both with an alcohol fueled celebration. Until reality smacks them in the face. Kid is not free and clear, the reputation will haunt him forever and they need to make a living. hence your option B, which I also see in my head as a most likely course of action.

From Kwiltn:

Hmmmmmm, I have a hard time seeing the governor give them the amnesty free and clear.....I think it would probably be more like a parole, with forgiveness for past misdeeds, but a trip to the pen if they mess up again, even a little bit. So, I foresee more plots where a crime is committed that makes it LOOK like it was Heyes and Curry, at least until they have a well established law-abiding reputation.

And as mentioned before, Kid can be pardoned for his crimes, but he will never get an amnesty for his gunslinger reputation. I'm afraid he will always have to watch his back.

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Amnesty   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:51 am

oh yes drinking would commence..that much is sure. I believe they would drag Lom along with them until he could successfully bow out. I think Ghislaine had it really correct too in her writing. However I would add the night would begin with one helluva meal one that even Heyes did justice too.

I also agree with Ghislaine on the whole few days of considering options, Heyes blathering on till Curry is ready to shoot him silent and they would in the end come up with a solid plan for their new lives.

I see them as investigators or security detail or what was it they told Ms.Porter :0)

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Amnesty   Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Heyes and Curry are young men, and most young men I know/have known like to par-tay quite a bit. That's certainly a possibility for our boys.

I tend to think that it might be a little anti-climatic, though. All those years spent chasing this elusive goal, and now that it's here . . . what do we do, exactly? What's really changed? Oh sure, the law has no reason to chase them any longer, but amnesty only wipes their record clean. It doesn't wipe out the past. They can apply for jobs under their own names, but who wants to hire a couple of famous thieves? Their reputations will follow them anywhere.

I think the aftermath of the amnesty is more interesting than the actual granting of amnesty.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Amnesty   Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:38 pm

I think after the amnesty they are snowed in  hs  a cabin; stuck with some disagreeable or at least unusual companions-- with temperatures of -52C/-61F, and RosieAnnie is going to write all about it for us!

I can hope at least, can't I?

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Amnesty   Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm

It might happen, BeeJay -- but I'm spending time with Grandpa Jones in Michigan. Got another chapter pretty much done, and am working on the next one.

Who knows -- maybe there will be a cold snap, and everybody will be stuck in Union Pier. Relationships will be tested, secrets will be revealed, and heartbreak will be healed. That, and the power will go out, and those skills forged in the frozen west will be put to use, keeping everyone safe and warm.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Amnesty   

Back to top Go down

Celebrating Amnesty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1