A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Wichita Red – What a great take on the challenge theme!  Love how Silky “interviewed” Heyes for a possible job.  He’s very cunning and observant, both needed skills for grifters.  He must have seen someone in both boys that made him come back and invest in their future.  Wonderful challenge!
applause

Cal

PostSubject: Let the Games begin   Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:37 am

Wichita Red - I read this great story on another site so I know I love it - I'll try pick out my favorite bits of this final episode.
Doctor Garrison looked at the offered hand and crossed his arms.  - that sentence sums up both men's attitudes so well - a story in pictures.
It's Silky not Soapy - I was imagining Soapy before....Silky on account of my melodious voice wasn't it ?....lol.
Can’t see wrangling a pair of wet behind the ears boys whose already figured out how to get themselves nearly dead......aw but that doc has thought about it though...
“Do you mind if I sit and talk?”  “Don’t suppose I have a choice.”...this just tells us brilliantly that we're dealing with teenagers! and then you get..A cynical barking laugh that was well beyond his years, erupted from Hannibal. .....which is so true but sad.
“Might be. But, I don’t do anything without Kid.”...aw still young enough to say stuff like that out loud...
Loved the Macbeth quote and the explanation of meaning ...but this line....A smooth smile rolled out setting Hannibal’s dimples to dancing, “Don’t believe I’ve read that book, Mr. O'Sullivan.”....put a huge grin on my face...now that's smart!
Heyes trying to take the blame is so true to character and I like the way Silky handles it
wow
Enough...loved it...'nough said.
Calx
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:35 am

Sorry I didn't comment on the July stories during that month.  Real life got in the way.  I've just read them all and suffice it to say they are great.  But in case that isn't sufficient, below is a little more feedback.  Hopefully I'll be able to read and respond to the August stories in a more timely manner.

Cal: LOL!  I kept thinking of Monarch of the Glen and Downton Abbey as I read this.  Jolly good!

Ty Pender: Each video clip got better and better!  I'd seen the Cavett one before but not the first two.  Thanks for sharing!

WichitaRed: Still haven't managed to read the complete story but based on these challenges, it sure looks good.  I'm curious as to who the boys' savior is…

HannaHeyes: I'd love to know which part is based on an actual experience!  I really enjoyed this clever take on the prompt.

Penski: Love outlaw days stories!  Enjoyed this version of how Heyes became leader of the gang.

MoulinP: I certainly hope you continue this!  It has all the ingredients for a great story.

Remuda: I'd love to see Heyes and Curry hunting for mushrooms -- I can envision all sorts of things happening.  Great word play with morel and moral!

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:14 am

Cal - Loved this piece when I first read it and love it even more now.  I love how family and friends departed are there to support him and how the dark cloaked dealer wasn't going to make it easy.  Interesting how Heyes didn't wonder why he was seeing his folks but accepted it as how it should be.  Yes, his time hadn't come - love the conversation with his father - he has some unfinished business.  Wonderful challenge!  two thumbs

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:46 am

Cal let the games begin

When I find some free time. I am going to enjoy a little bit of that reading this entire story. Jumping in the middle like this was confusing and yet highly intriguing. I particularly enjoyed the way you brought the various senses to life. The pounding of the heart, the smell of the fields, burning eyes, the warm breezes,… Used these physical reactions to create and emotional reaction at all of it was balanced out just perfectly. Thank you for sharing

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Little Bluestem - panda  LOVED this challenge, especially the last line!  What a wonderful idea for the theme.  Enjoyed the older one at 22 mothering the younger ones.  Great advice and telling them how it's gonna be... until Heyes and Curry walk in.  two thumbs

LittleBluestem

PostSubject: awestricken again   Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:23 am

Hi, y'all-- I kind of missed July, (vacation, computer issues, company, etc.) but I have vowed to be more active on this site, so I am going to try to review these as they come in, instead of all at once at the end (after Remuda posts!).

Wichita Red -- I for one am very glad you didn't let the word limitations curtail your story! In fact, I wanted to keep reading more. (Maybe a sequel someday...? And a prequel: How Silky got his Name....?) I always enjoy your stories as you have such a fine ear for dialogue. And I must confess, it didn't hit me right away how this story fit into this month's challenge. Then all of a sudden -- DUH!! Perfect, of course.

Cal -- You sure can turn a phrase! You go beyond narrative writing into the downright lyrical. I seem to recall meeting Haff in a previous story, but I don't think I have ever read this entire series from the beginning. Could you tell me where I can find it? Intriguing characters, poetic writing, and my two favorite (former) outlaws. What more could a gal want?

p.s. to Penski -- Thanks for the kind review! I almost had 5 girls, named Simone, Gabby, Aly, Lauren, and Madison, but then I decided that would be at most, disrespectful and at the very least, tacky!
Back to top Go down
Cal

PostSubject: Let the Games begin   Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:04 am

LittleBluestone - I like writing as I read...a la Miss Calico

First paragraph is a great set up - the quiet lazy afternoon contrasting with the rousing piano and swirling skirts. 22! mothering the younger ones...thats heatbreaking but I suspect not too far from the truth of it...makes your head spin. “Aren’t any of them nice?” asked Gwen timidly. - oh this isn't turning horrid is it - where's the sofa scared  just so long as you stand downwind.... lol2 Both dark silhouettes were tall, broad-shouldered, narrow-hipped, long-legged.......errrr.....sorry needed a minute....this isn't going to be horrid at all....in fact .....where's me silk dress....“Oh, Lord have mercy,” Rosie murmured, “I’ll take the blond one.”....“Dibs on the brunette!” chirped Maura....AMEN!  Four pairs of high-heeled dancing slippers clicked across the floor as the home team hurried over to welcome the visiting players.....perfect

Loved that....what a scream....and I suspect could have gone another way...made me see things from a different point of view.....and what a view!

Hi LittleBluestone - thanks for the lovely feedback....Haff is half of a partnership....Haff and Wong....they're a pair of recurring characters in some of my AS&J tales on the story site....like Wheat and Kyle.  The ones where they appear...even if its just a fleeting mention...I number, because they follow on from each other in time....but the tales are very much about our two gorgeous ex-outlaws. You can find my stories on the stories site  
http://asjbuckshot.forumotion.com/f32-general-stories
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Inside Outlaw - You're back from summer travels and writing again - you've been missed!  Oh, it's an outlaw story and they're running from the posse.  Wheat and the boys should be lucky they got the easy job.  sparkleshoe   Very realistic old west saloon.  Too often we think of the ones in the western movies, but barrels and some planks were very popular for the bar.  Yep, Heyes doing what he enjoys most for entertainment  poker  and the Kid doing what he enjoys most  bottle .  Where's Heyes?  The Kid has to be sick with worry over his partner.  Found him and doing something Kid didn't expect.  Great tale, Inside Outlaw, and I get to use this fun smilie. soapbox

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:20 pm

MoulinP - Heyes as a politician after amnesty? I can believe it with his silver-tongue and leadership skills. Starts with him being more fidgety and reluctant than a kid, his own kid Harry that is. Oh, the town is putting on their own version of the Olympics and lots have gathered. yawn... I'm with Harry about boring speeches. Grandpa? I'm guessing Mary's dad, huh. So Heyes is gonna improvise on his speech. Oh, I enjoyed that one! Let the games begin! Very good, Moulin! thumbsup

pssttt... Did I miss a reference as to what the Kid was doing after amnesty?

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:01 pm

WichitaRed - I thought that's who the good samaritan would turn out to be. Loved the interrogation he seemed to giving Heyes. Loved even more the answers and remarks Heyes gave him back. And I have to agree with Heyes, sometimes life doesn't give you a choice. Glad to see another chapter of this.

Cal - You managed to pick one of my favorite parts of your current story. Interesting way to describe the way back. I've had similar experiences of trying to wake up, it's a strange sensation. Poker was a good choice for Heyes to be playing the game of life and death.

LittleBlueStem - I loved this! Rosie teaching her 'team' the rules of playing and what to expect. Too bad all the pep talk went out the door once the two men walked in. I don't blame them. Dibs on the brunette!

InsideOutlaw - Love your knowledge of horses shining through here. Nice change to see Heyes as the one with the excessive appetite. You had me thinking the same as Kid when Heyes disappeared. Glad it didn't turn out to be true.

MoulinP - Heyes sure is a little proddy at the start of this. I loved it! Then he bribes his son into going with the family. I have to agree with him. I don't like sitting through long speeches. Glad Heyes wasn't asked any questions about the speeches before his. I doubt he would've known the answer. Liked his deciding to just wing it on his. If anyone can do that and do it well, it would be Heyes. Liked his subtle references to his former career.

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Hanna Heyes - Judy's back!  Laughing   She cracked me up in the story and her diary entry is even more funny!  lol2  Poor Heyes!  Run Kid!  panda   Thanks for the laugh!  

excited(Judy when she thinks of Heyes and Kid)

Cal

PostSubject: Let the Games begin   Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 am

InsideOutlaw - I agree with HannaHeyes - its sounds so authentic - really like that. And the use of language just helps place it in the old West. Things like tapping back a shoe with a muffled hammer - I'd never even thought of that....guess its the equivalent of tinkering under the bonnet/hood of a car these days. Fabulous imagination. The description of the old saloon...I'm impressed...I don't try any of this...I'd get it too wrong....write what you know...well done...very enjoyable...and educating. And cool line...“With you thumpin’ the Good Book, you could’ve been struck by lightnin’,” smirked the Kid.

MoulinP
- I don't know where I am at the beginning...I guess I'm not supposed to know yet. Heyes is the Mayor of Porterville! Cool...Year? Aw family and three Kids....surprised Mary's calling him Josh...but definitely getting a proddy Heyes in my head. Love the banter with Harry....a miniHeyes in the making...Got to the speech and enjoyed the veiled references to the DHG...so they all know his background.....Like Penski I've come away from that with loads of questions...What's happened to Lom...Where's Kid...etc etc..more please...

HannaHeyes - WOW...more Judy....I loved Judy!...Haha four eggs...six foot three...she's my sort of gal....so I hurried over and blocked the door....as you do .... LOL panda The best kiss of his life....of course it was...I could tell deep down he wanted me,.....a very very very long way down then Judy....Hannibal Heyes, the outlaw leader! I had hit the jackpot! ....AMEN... He's more slippery than a greased pig.....I am crying laughing.... Of course he had to run, the sheriff was coming. oh bless...Just because three men have tried to file assault charges on me, now I get this question all the time.
....I love this, its crazy.....he wasn't just an outlaw, he was also a gunslinger! This was Kid Curry! .....Girl you couldn't help yourself...and we all understand....Oh yes we do...there's a little bit of Judy in all of us! That was a ride....love thrown for a Loop.....well done
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 pm

Remuda – I like the plot of this story with Heyes and Curry checking out a business venture for Colonel Harper. They sure saw quickly how well it would work and they weren’t shy to say so. Loved Heyes’ last line! Very good challenge. thumbsup

Cal

PostSubject: Let the Games begin   Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 am

Just popped back to check for wire dodgers.....

Penski - Ahhh ...we have a Bounty Hunter...(loving the name of the town....One of my dogs is Jackson) How many times have we seen this scene...two tired riders...never gets old ...easy to visualise. OO they spotted the Bounty Hunter...this is going to be a chase...and he don't like bringing them in alive. Haha I see where this is going Tag, Hide and Seek....clever. The ebony night began fading with the predawn - nice lyrical writing there ...Playing Possum...good choice of ending ...well done...brilliantly thought out as usual.  applause Enjoyed that.

Remuda - Cat and Mouse (sounds like Tom and jerry) - They shot a buffalo!...(I always like that quip of Heyes' about getting through shooting all the buffalo)  Haha - we’ve tasted most of what’s out there, - I bet they have, yuk! - wilder tastes take some getting used to. - don't bare thinking about. Ah we're back in the realm of Easterners after authentic Western experience. Must get on their nerves when they've had to live off hunting and trail rations for survival.
“Well!”

Heyes shot back, “Well water, no. They’ll drink from the stream, same as everyone else.”
- cute..can hear him saying that.

Yes I can see the boys not giving this idea their time...good challenge...and imaginative interpretation of the prompt thumbsup .
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi Folks, I've sure missed ASJ the past few months and I know there are a lot of great stories waiting for me to read them. Since i'm so far behind I'll start with this month's. My comments will be pretty brief, tho'. I lost a knife fight with some chard last night along with a chunk of fingertip so this is happening one-handed, lol.

Witchita Red: Love this story! The flavor of the exchanges between Garrison and Silky and Silky and Heyes are wonderful. Heyes is already quite the cynic.

Cal: You wrote the dream sequences very evocatively and easy to follow. Sometimes they can get confusing but not yours. Nicely done.

LBS: I like the authentic peek into a dance hall gal's point of view. I'll bet those two would be a gal's dream come true. First clean and secondly, easy on the eyes.

MoulinP: You've created a convincing after ASJ world, but somehow I don't think Heyes is planning on being a career politician except he does have the larcenous personality, doesn't he?

HH: As a bystander, I appreciate Judy's zeal. As the object of her affections, I'd fear it, too!

Penski: Lou Rosset/Lou Gossett, LOL. He never gives up!

Rem: Love them turning the tables on a fellow con.

Thanks Ladies!!

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
LittleBluestem

PostSubject: a few more comments...   Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:25 pm

MoulinP: I think Heyes would make an excellent Mayor of Porterville! (and also novelist -- we all know he's good at spinning stories!) Love how he uses "reverse psychology" on little Harry. Did Heyes name him for his good friend Harry Briscoe? (!) I like this future post-amnesty reality. I assume the Kid turned out okay as well; maybe sometime you will write more stories from this "universe"...? applause

HannahHeyes: Ah, Judy! I really enjoyed this character in your "Thrown For a Loop" story, so it was extra fun to see the events from her point of view. Favorite line: "He said he was fine (and he certainly was!)." I would also like to read her diary entry for the later encounter with Kid!thumbsup

Penski: Nice little "game" between our boys and the bounty hunter. I liked the way you kept switching the POV from "player" to "player." Very glad our team won! And I loved the way you ended it..."And I stay on mine." yes  

Remuda: A congame and gamey game and Kid and Heyes onto the game. Can't con a conman! Enjoyed seeing HH and KC put Pierpont in his place. sm

p.s. to Cal: thanks for the link to the Haff and Wong stories! I believe I shall read them right now instead of doing my lesson plans...! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:52 am

Okay, I’m late but I’m here. Will fetch a cup of tea and have a nice little Friday read. coffee

1) WichitaRed

Overlength, huh? Hmmm. I will let you off ONE time. Slurps tea.
Is this O’Sullivan our Silky??
Darling young Hannibal covering for Kid. Awww.
Loving the ‘middle of the road’ Samaritan line.
So, that’s how they met Silky, Wichita? Lovely.

2) Cal

Alex Heyes??? Ooooh – my favourite. And he’s scything. Is he topless a la Ross Poldark??
Oh Cal! It’s – sniff – It IS my Alex. Stepmother and all. Consider me purring like a cat.

Is the smiling player Danny Bilson? I’m sure that cloaked dealer is the grim reaper. Actually, I guess even Alex has the reaper scythe, huh?

Oh, I really loved that Cal. That was all very clever.

3) LittleBluestem

Who on earth could this handsome pair of punters be? One dark, one fair – if only we had a clue! Smile.
Loving the ‘home team’ ‘visiting players’ line…
That was really sweet and funny. Thank you.

4) InsideOutlaw

‘S’okay, Kid. Heyes will mend that hole in your hat for you.
A dead parrot? Has it ceased to be? Has it joined the bleedin’ choir invisible?
Kid has kinks?? Does Maz know?
So… what is this strange game of hide and seek going on with Kid? I am intrigued, Inside.
Dear, dear, Heyes. Putting that silver tongue to good use at last. Double smile.

5) MoulinP

Ah, Mayor Heyes! And a full Olympic reference. Very prompt-tastic Moulin.
Harry! As if your pa could make a boring speech! A looooooong speech, maybe.
Oh, Heyes… aww, full Olympian uplift going there.

6) HannaHeyes

Ah! Our current bandanny wearer. Is it both silken and the colour of marigolds?

Lusting after Heyes is she? Some gals are just so shallow. Ahem. Sooo…which one of us is Judy modelled after? She is clearly a paid up member of our ex-outlaw appreciation society. She’s putting her unarmed combat skills to good practice, huh?
Can just see poor Heyes bolting for the door.
Judy – you go girl!!!

7) Penski

Ah-hah. A game of tag with a bounty hunter. Then hide and seek. And a coin toss. (Lou’s coin. D’ya get it? Lou’s coin. Never mind.) Cat and mouse. Blind man’s bluff. Getting warmer. Ooooh too many!!! Clever Penski. That was very well done.

8) Remuda

The dodger of wires herself!!
Oh, we always love our boys pandering to fancy Eastern folk, do we not. Now – things that taste like chicken? How about – squawk – chicken?

So what our boys are saying is- when it comes to experiences, authentic is the only kind to have.

I’d go on the Heyes and Curry tour – please.

Back to top Go down
nm131

PostSubject: August Challenge Stories   Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Sorry, I very late as I'm just now reading August's challenges.

WhichitaRed - Very Interesting reading Silky's interview and the little detail of tie in to the name of Joshua. Good continuation of your ongoing story.

Cal - I love the Haff and Wong stories so I was happy to see another one. The dream sequences were very apropos of Heyes.

LittleBlueStem - Nice little interlude from a fresh perspective. With our favorite ex-outlaws the games should be worthwhile and benign.

Inside Outlaw - "Naw, he ain't dead, he's resting" in Norweign blue font - LOL. The rest of the story was good as well, I would have loved to see Kid's face when he finally found Heyes.

MoulinP - Mayor Heyes the novelist of Porterville? Lookds like Harry is going to be as much trouble as his namesake.

Hanna Heyes - The "Destiny Loop" story is a fun one and this character was a doozy. LOL, the chapter from her perspective.

Penski - Lou Rosset's coin is as lucky as Heyes' coin. Nice to know that two games I played as a child are historically accurate for ASJ.

Remuda[/color] - Got to give Kid a lot of credit for not shooting Peirpont and to Heyes for gaming the gamer.
Back to top Go down
MoulinP

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:22 am

WitchitaRed

Wow! Held me to the end. Very nice.

Cal

Took me several reads before I understood. I suppose I'm just a superficial reader usually but there was something deeper that I was struggling to see going on here. I would agree, Heyes' subconscious would convey a life or death struggle as a poker game. It's so much part of his psyche. Well done for making read deeper for once.

Little Bluestem

A short story from the other side - how saloon girls might view our boys when they're all spruced up. More than fair game. Boy had they better watch out - those girls are gonna be fighting over them. Interesting.

Inside Outlaw

Relieved at the end - Heyes is ....

HannaHeyes

Oh poor Judy - unrequited love. Likened the thoughts of seeing Heyes struggle with her to Kato and Inspector Clouseu in the Pink Panther films. Lovely!

Penski

Liked the way the action switches from the boys to the bounty hunter and back again. I got a real sense of time passing with those little moments of action. Like the idea of Heyes playing possum (had to look them up - don't have them in Uk except in zoos) and the Kid getting the drop on the bounty hunter. I guess he got over excited at the thought of $10,000 and forgot that the Kid wouldn't really leave his partner.

Remuda

There was certainly lots of games in here. Everytime I read it I could see one more. Very well written.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Such clever and very different takes on the prompt!

WichitaRed: I keep saying it -- I definitely have to read this story from the beginning!  This ending chapter almost stands on its own but it's piqued my curiosity and now I want to read about the earlier events.  I do think you could continue the story of Heyes and Kid learning from Silky.  Really enjoyed the conversation with Silky and Heyes each measuring the other one up.

Cal: Okay, clearly I need to read something else for more context.  Which story should I start with? I didn't see anything titled The Long Road Back.  I could be way off but it seemed like Heyes was in Heaven and met his family but couldn't stay…  It was interesting how you combined three different scenarios all together -- Heaven (if that's what it was), the poker game, and being injured somewhere (how I read it, anyway).

LittleBluestem: Very amusing!  I can so easily picture those four girls.  I really liked your description of the dresses they wore and how they argued over who was going to get whom.  And I heartily agree with Trudie's wish to have both of them!

InsideOutlaw: You built up the tension very well and the actual denouement was certainly unexpected!  I liked how you flipped things and made Heyes the partner who was hungry.  Hadn't heard the expression pie hole before but it certainly fits the story.

MoulinP: Fun idea for a story! I would love to know how Heyes became mayor of Porterville and where he found his wife.  Also, if Heyes is the mayor, is Kid still going to marry the mayor's daughter???  I enjoyed this line: Your name in Hannibal, not Caesar.

HannaHeyes: That was hysterical!  Poor Heyes -- not at all what he expected to find in a library, I'm sure.  Lots of good lines but my favorite was: I asked him if he was finding what he wanted. I had certainly found what I wanted!  Really enjoyed Judy's voice in this story.

Penski: So…very clever choice of name for a bounty hunter!  But that was an especially dangerous game of possum Heyes played -- what if Rosset had just shot him to make absolutely sure he was dead?  Good thing he wasn't that smart!  

Remuda: I could easily picture this fun scene and Heyes and Kid putting Pierpont in his place.  Though I'd love to see the boys as hunting guides for a group of Easterners!  I just had to laugh at this: ... there’s a reason they mostly eat farm animals.

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
LittleBluestem

PostSubject: September Challenge: False Start   Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Okay, Wichita Red, I know you warned us, but COME ON! Dying to know how this one ends!!!

As always, your imagery is so vivid! Too many great lines to cite, but this was my favorite: "The cards were slipping and rolling together as smoothly as the wheels on a steam engine chugging along."

I also like how the Kid is wise and experienced -- and confident -- enough not to let himself get riled up over the little dog challenging him. Some of my favorite scenes of all the ASJ eps are when he is so cool and calm, all blue-eyed and icy, facing down another gunman. Best do what the man says, Billie!!
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Wichita Red - Ditto what Little Bluestem said! You could feel the tension in this challenge. The Kid playing a game he's grown to hate. Heyes wanting to do something, but he can't. Billie playing with the big boys and too immature to know he's outta his league. Very good! applause

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Alias Alice - Aww... Young boys. I love childhood stories. Poor Jed has a bad case of puppy love. LOL... obviously NOT a case of puppy love for the puppy Joey. Han sure made himself to be the hero without meaning to do so. And Jed ends up with a hurt ankle and no one caring. Good challenge! yes

Cornelia May

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Wichita Red- Ooooh Kid getting called out by a kid and being told he isn't Kid Curry, what a nail biter for a cliff hanger. Can't wait to see what happens next month.

Alias Alice- Aww a false start for a foot race caused by a dog. Poor Jed, he hurt his ankle and lost the girl to Hannibal. Nice to see some backstory to what Heyes said in "High Lonesome Country".

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   

Back to top Go down

Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next