Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016

Go down 
+21
stormr
Kid4ever
FrankieASJ
nm131
HannaHeyes
cac
Calico
sistergrace
InsideOutlaw
MoulinP
Cal
Alias Alice
Penski
Maz
RosieAnnie
WichitaRed
Ghislaine Emrys
ChristinaASJ
skykomish
ty pender
Remuda
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 2:45 pm

RosieAnnie: That was wonderful!  I loved all of it.  You captured the Old West speech patterns perfectly and all the plot points were tied up in a right pretty bow by the end.  I also liked what I think was a nod to "The Virginian."  My favorite lines were:

* Even crooks like to have a day off sometime. Don’t they, Thaddeus?”  “How would I know?”

* When Curry said, “... While I’m gone, maybe you can start carving the ham that’s in the oven. Trudging through snow always gives me a big appetite.” “Breathing gives you a big appetite,” Heyes commented.

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 9:30 am

Yay! Ghislaine's back! two thumbs

Sweet, short vignette. In a few words you captured regret and poignant emotions. Perfect for Christmas.

Now that you've removed your finger from the hole in the dyke, I hope to see lots more wonderful words and stories flowing from your reservoir of ideas. And BTW, yes, I was getting lonely here!

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 10:12 am

wow   Ghislaine wrote an ASJ challenge!!  What a wonderful presents !

Loved the fliclet  Can see them hiding from a posse with the Kid wishing Heyes a Merry Christmas and Heyes "seeing" the Kid's smile as he wishes him back.

I'll be joining you two AFTER Christmas madness.  Until then...
elfxmas

Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:06 am

Brilliant Christmas ficlet, Ghislaine! Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 1:51 pm

RosieAnnie: Lots of nice images drawn in this story. The extreme cold and poor Horace's condition to Lom's misgivings. But his friends come through and remind him that families are built on different foundations for everyone. applause

Ghislaine: On the run on Christmas Eve would be difficult for anyone to handle. It's impressive that the Kid still manages to find his blessings. Nicely done.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Inside Outlaw - What a sad... what an exciting... what a fun story that was - all rolled up in one like only you can write!  LOVED it!  two thumbs

Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 am

InsideOutlaw: Well, that was fun!  Who'da thunk Kyle had it in him?  Wheat was his usual cantankerous self, though.  It took me a while before I got the connection to the prompt but I think I finally figured it out.  sm

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:25 am

Inside Outlaw: That was some fast thinking Kyle did! Who knew he had it in him? And he's got a heart for a friend, even a dead one. He does not have an icy heart, does he?

Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 6:54 am

MoulinP: Oh, I could so see those two horsing around! Very cute story and nice to see the boys happy and settled. Well done!

Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:37 am

MoulinP: I well and truly thought you were going to describe a horse race until I read farther on!  You pulled both parts together very nicely; I enjoyed this story, especially the coda.  Kid's philosophizing was great!

Last edited by Ghislaine Emrys on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 5:00 pm

MoulinP - I really enjoyed seeing Heyes and Curry happy and goofing around with each other. They were just like big kids in your story and it made me smile. Really was happy to read that the Christmas with Lom was their first with amnesty. And all of the men (Lom, Heyes and Kid) had families. Very heart-warming!

Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 2:13 am

hapny hapny hapny

1) RosieAnnie

It is our bandanny winner! Did the yellow set off your Christmas sequins and sparkle, Rosie? And did you look after the boys? Plenty of mulled wine? Cracker to pull? Good. You’ve remembered the bandanny holder don’t poll? Double good.

May I offer Lom a loan of my thermals? ‘Cos – beam – I lurve Lom. Awww, am loving Harker and Lom together. Sniff.
Oh Lom, all lonely. You should pop into one of the fanfics that gets you all married off at this festive time of year!!
The boys and Miss Porter made a christmas for him! I well, I positively well. Loving this Rosie.
Loving Kid’s – you can just shake my hand – line.
And the – breathing makes you hungry – line.
That was practically perfect for the season, Rosie. Heart-warming without any tipping into sopping territory, Sniffs again.

2) Ghislaine

Your first for over a year?? You’ve been neglecting our boys worse than me. (I think – I lose track.)

Awwww – they are all bleak in their bedrolls. But they have each other. Do I hear echoes of Sharpe and Frederickson saying Merry Christmas to each other out in the cold??

3) InsideOutlaw

Good heavens, it’s even colder than in Rosie’s story!

Oh, Heyes. I think that’s a touch above and beyond – though methinks perhaps necessary for the plot. I can understand ground too hard to bury him, but maybe a rock grave?? Still, if he’s frozen stiff I suppose no corpse leakage or whiff. Carry on roping him to horse.
Loving Wheat apologising to Milt. Ah-hah! Knew Milt would have a plot role. Clever Kid. Adoring his frozen in horror expression.
That was very clever Inside!! (Made me remember Sean Connery threating the dead guy in ‘The Untouchables’ – ah, Sean. Sigh.)

4) MoulinP

A two-fer, huh, Moulin! Do I need more tea – (calls for service!)
[You see Lom! You need to live in Moulin world, not Rosie world – well, not the freezing cold pre-nice surprise Rosie world]
I’m confused. So, Kid’s present was wrapped to look like a shovel but was actually a mackintosh? Or is Mackintosh a brand of shovel?? Googling. Oh, Mackintosh is related to shovels. Carry on. (And here was me thinking HH was a marvellous present wrapper and considering asking him over to help me. Smile.)

Okay on part two. Are they playing scalectrix?? Nah – maybe a toy train though. Tricycles!! Even better!

Awww, so the Lom Christmas was their first after amnesty. Aww.
You know what HH needs for the boy with his head stuck – a bar-spreader!!

5) Penski

You ladies do like getting the boys good and cold, huh?
Oh, sniff – remembering boyhood Christmases. Chess pieces?? I gave little Han chess pieces once, too. Sniffs again.
Father Christmas came!! Really? Or was it each other pretending?
It was really him! The Reindeer’s friend. The chap with the fur trim! Beam.
Lovely, Penski.

6) Remuda

It’s Remuda!! Did she get a set of wire clippers for Christmas?? For dodging that is.

Hey, Miss Barlow! They can grab me – just send ‘em my way. Look, Heyes! I’m slipping – catch me.
The boys being locked up for being Trans-Ey-Ants, again?
Liking HH being suspected for too much talking. I like a non-dumb Sherriff. That is one strict strangers policy he has there, though! Go on, Kid, take a bath before you leave. You know Remuda wants you to. Smile. Always great to see Harry in a story.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:21 am

Penski: So Santa paid the boys a visit? Lucky for them, he didn't leave some lumps of coal!

Remuda: That was cold! Too bad that foul-tempered woman forgot about the season of forgiveness.

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:56 am

Moulin P: This really put a smile on my face. I love the image of Heyes and Curry racing each other on tricycles, and the picture of the kid with his head stuck between the bars of his bed. Boys will be boys, I guess.

Penski: Nice memories here. And hey, why not have a Christmas miracle? Our boys deserve it!

Remuda: Boy, those women weren't exactly in a Christmas spirit, were they? Even the sheriff was kind of cold, although maybe a little over-cautious. Love the snappy dialogue between our boys and Harry.

Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 9:51 am

Penski: Sweet story with a touch of mysticism. I like how you don't really explain what happened and leave it up to the reader's imagination. Fun tidbit about the peaches!

Remuda: Good story with a hint a danger leavened by a touch of humor. Poor Harry--even when he's trying to do something good, it comes out wrong. Good thing Lom vouched for them!

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 10:47 am

Remuda - Always love seeing Harry and the boys together. Wow, I think this is one of the first fanfic where the boys couldn't charm the ladies. They need to get outta that town with those over-zealous folks and fast. Very enjoyable!

Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Wow so many stories. Am in an area with erratic internet at the moment so have not been able to read them but I will do :)

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Happy New Year everyone!
hapny

Hope you've all recovered from the excitement of the holidays and are staying warm, dry, and keeping your writing fingers limber.

RosieAnnie - I believe I already commented on your December challenge earlier.  It was wonderful!

Ghislaine Emrys - Nice to see you writing again!  Short and sweet and very Curry-esque, right down to the dropped g's.  This one hit the spot.

InsideOutlaw - Your challenge reminded me of "Weekend at Bernie's."  I chuckled when Wheat apologized, "No offense," to Milt, but I burst out laughing when Kyle Murtry (the REAL brains of the DHG) came up with that fantastic idea!  Great writing, I.O.

MoulinP - In all the fanfic that I've read, and believe me I've read a LOT, I have never, ever, ever come across a scene where two famed and somewhat reformed outlaws raced tricycles in the dining room.  What a hoot!  A very sweet look at a possible future.  The toast to "present company" was a very nice use of the prompt.

Penski - Awww... What a special Christmas Eve for the fellas.  But wait, does this mean Santa Claus thought the two of them had actually been GOOD over the previous year?!  Thanks for the Christmas tale!

Remuda - Loved the sheriff's line:  “You run on at the mouth a lot like I’ve heard Hannibal Heyes does.” Nicely done, Remuda

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Wichita Red - Welcome back, stranger!  Your writing has been missed.  Very descriptive story - a real nail-biter!  So when is part 2?  Anxiously waiting to hear what happened to the Kid and what will happen to Heyes.

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 1:33 pm

yes I know, I have been terrible about posting stories. This one came to mind and I am working on it I will have part two up shortly on the fanfiction.com and archive of our own. So glad to hear it is a nailbiter, and that you could enjoying it, it's been a trying all right since I've held off for too long wait for my storyboards

skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:48 pm

RosieAnnie - Lovely story.  Lom always seemed a bit sad to me.  I like how you have him befriended in this tale.

Ghislaine - So nice to see a story from you. I wonder what they were doing out in the Wyoming winter robbing someone at the end of December.  I sure hope they all get back safely to Devil's Hole.

InsideOutlaw - This story is just plain fun.  I enjoyed the crazy situation and the mental picture of a frozen corpse tied to a horse.  I laughed out loud when Kyle found a way out of their circumstances.  Clapping loudly and enthusiastically.

MoulinP - Such a sweet and touching story.  Just perfect for a Christmas celebration.  I hope that two reformed outlaws could find such a happy future.  The head between the bars on the bed was inspired.  

Penski - Awww!  And they didn't get lumps of coal.  A whimsical and lovely look at an outlaw Christmas in a shack.  

Remuda - Yikes!  The people in that town are just plain nasty.  Icy Burg indeed.  I always enjoy reading about Harry in a story.  I'm glad that Lom was able to vouch for them.  Loved the dust flying up from the Kid's clothes.
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:28 pm

Witchita Great to have you writing again and what a story! Drama, tension, and Kid!!!!!!! Go get him in part two or else!

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Cal - This story reminded me of Wrong Train to Brimstone with the Kid saying they had to save the DHG and Heyes being concerned about how doing so would ruin their chances with amnesty. Good story! yes

FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:12 am

Wichita - YOU KILLED KID!!!!!! Shocked
Or did you? confused
Great piece of tense action filled angsty writing - just how I like it! Very Happy

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 2:06 pm

WichitaRed - Welcome back to writing.  thumbsup Very exciting and action-packed challenge story!  applause  Holding my breath as I wait for the next installment. excited

Cal - I really appreciated how many references you made to scenes and events that happened during the actual television series.  It made the story as a whole very easy to envision.  Loved this line:  "See Kid, you and Heyes...you just stands out too much in a crowd... that's probably why you have so much attention from the ladies."
Good job, Cal, and welcome to the forum. welcome

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016   Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck comments - from 1st Nov 2015 to ...7th Oct 2016
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next