HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where's that Story?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EvdokiaM

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:32 am

I am looking for a story I read sometime ago where the boys are followed by a young boy pretending his whole family was killed, but turns out to be in reality a woman whose husband had been maimed by the Kid and seeks revenge by having them arrested. At the end she is touched by the way they have treated her and decides not to turn them over but give them time to escape. Anyone remembers which story it was ?

Also, concerning stories that were posted in sites that are no longer accessible, is it considered acceptable to ask for a copy from those that have kept one or it's only appropriate if you manage to get in contact with the author ? (sorry for a potentially silly question but I'm new to fanfiction). I would for instance be very interested in reading "Afraid of the dark".
Back to top Go down
sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Sorry I can't be of any help on the story you mentioned, Evdokia, but I don't recall reading it.

In regards to your question about sharing copied stories that are no longer available, (and believe me, there are NO questions to silly to ask!) I have a feeling that maybe folks have been hesitant to answer your question because the answer would vary greatly from person to person. Some writers might be very excited to have their work continue to be shared, especially by someone who has enjoyed reading their stories. However, other writers may have removed their stories from the internet for a specific reason and might take offense if someone were to share copies of their work, which they had removed.

In my opinion, the safest course of action would be to make attempts to contact the writer of a story, tell him or her how much you enjoyed their writing, and ask for a copy. It can't hurt!

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:54 pm

There's an ASJ story that I haven't read? I haven't heard of this story, either, Evdokia. If you do find it, I'd love to read it!

I agree with Sister Grace that it's best to go to the writer and ask for a story that you can't find. Most are flattered that you remember their story and want to read it again.

EvdokiaM

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 am

Thank you ladies, I appreciate the advice. As to that story, I start wondering whether i dreamt about it  scratch but thanks for trying to figure out what it was.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:55 pm

No, you didn't imagine it, EvdokiaM! I vaguely remember a story like your description and have been wracking my brain to try and recall where I read it. But I haven't managed to remember where it is/was. I've searched various sites but haven't found it. My gut feeling is that it might have been part of one of the first two Virtual Seasons--those that weren't hosted through this board. Perhaps that rings a bell with someone???

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Looking for the rest of the story...help   Sat May 24, 2014 1:11 am

Okay so tonight I got sucked down by Ann Keating's The Devil's Daughter.

She is Bridgette malley the daughter Steely Jack the most hated man in America. But, right now she is Heyes and Kids only hope.

Was it finished? If so anyone got a copy or know where to look?

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Sat May 24, 2014 11:21 am

This, unfortunately, is a great example of why I don't like to read stories that aren't complete. I was totally hooked and... where's the middle? where's the end?

I have never found a completed story. Maybe if a member or guest knows Ann Keating, they can find out if she finished the story and, if not, what her intent or story outline was.

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Okay now I'm feeling a bit proddy

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:20 am

Hi,

Anyone know where I can find a completed version of 'The Outlaws That Wouldn't Quit'?

Thanks for any help,
HH

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 am

Okay, Frankie, where do you have the whole thing posted?

I did find it completed on the old story site - http://asjfanfiction.wikifoundry.com/page/The+Outlaws+that+wouldn%27t+Quit

FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:15 am

Wow! Thanks for the link Penski - I'd never of found that.scratch
I don't think I have it posted anywhere else. Seems a long time ago now.

Can't believe I actually managed that challenge! I can't even seem to finish one now. No

Hope you enjoy it Hanna - it really was a labour of love! desert

I so agree about unfinished stories being posted - I am now guilty of it too - but in another fandom - I thought if I started posting it would give me the incentive to finish but when the muse to write doesn't hit then there's not a lot you can do about it. When I do write now I remember just what hard work it can be! writing

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks Penski! thankyou

And Frankie, I really enjoyed it. applause I'd read it long ago, but couldn't remember all of it.

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:16 am

Someone asked me the title and location of a story that has me stumped. Does anyone remember one "where the fellas were in a jam, of course, at the end, I believe they were rescued only to find out it was by Josh Randall, bounty hunter, Steve McQueen from the old series Wanted Dead or Alive"?

cac

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:24 am

No idea on that story, but I do have a question. Why do some writers remove their stories and not want them read or reposted? A few times someone has suggested a story to me, but the writer had removed it from whichever website. I can't think of a good motivation unless it paralleled another story too much and appeared as plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:35 am

Excellent question, cac!

I know there was a great ASJ fanfiction site that closed. It was the main place to read stories and had the first two years of Virtual Season stories. Some writers from that site moved on to other interests and unfortunately didn't bother posting their stories to other sites.

It appears that fanfiction.net has become the main go-to site for ASJ stories now.

Several of the writers on this site have started their own site so not to worry about a site closing and having to move their stories.
Calico - https://calicoasjstories.wordpress.com/
Grace R Williams - https://gracerwilliams.wordpress.com/
Maz McCoy - https://mazmccoystories.wordpress.com/

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Penski, I found the Josh Randall story I think. I remembered reading it, but had to do a little searching. It was written as a challenge story on another site, sixth story down I believe.

http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com/t749-matches

PostSubject: Re: Where's that Story?   

Back to top Go down

Where's that Story?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2