Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remembering 7/7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Remembering 7/7 Empty
PostSubject: Remembering 7/7   Remembering 7/7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:55 pm

originally posted by ty pender:

July 07, 2015

Remembering the 7/7 London Bombing – Ten Years On

July 7, 2005 was a normal Thursday morning here in the states when I got up and checked the news.  There were reports of some bombs or electrical problems in the London tube. As the day wore on it became clear that London, like NYC and Madrid before, had become the victim of a serious attack by a terror cell loyal to al-Qaeda.

This was especially tough to swallow here in America. To know that our mother country was under attack and suffering for standing with us in the War on Terror; I cannot help but feel a deep sense of gratitude. Though the birth of the United States caused great pains on both sides, we and the British are one. The bond between our peoples is unbreakable and eternal. One will always stand for the other. This event brought home with deadly gravity what it means to have a true ally.

Stand together we shall and we shall never forget!

Remembering 7/7 Union-10

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Remembering 7/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 7/7   Remembering 7/7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:57 pm

originally posted by Alias Alice:

Thank you for this message, Ty.

sistergrace

sistergrace

Remembering 7/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 7/7   Remembering 7/7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:02 am

Well said, and Amen!

Maz

Remembering 7/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 7/7   Remembering 7/7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Unfortunately over the decades many have attacked normal British folk on their way to work or going about their daily business.

It is a sad fact that my parents grew up with bomb attacks on their own homes. With never knowing if, when they left for work that day, they would survive the bombing to return home at night. They even had bomb shelters built in their gardens.

I grew up with bomb threats being made against my school or had to change my travel home from University because there had been a bomb attack at a railway station. We were all trained to watch out for suspicious parcels.

For a while we thought it was a thing of the past but once again the threat of terror attacks raised their heads.

My thoughts are with the victims of the horrifying attacks; with the amazing emergency services who responded that day and with the families of those who were lost.

And yes...we share a language the USA and the UK. We have stood together before and I am glad that we stand together again.  

grouphug

That was a bit serious for me..how about a cuppa?
Oh wait..you threw in in the harbour! Suspect

Remembering 7/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 7/7   Remembering 7/7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remembering 7/7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Member Stuff :: The Town Crier-
Jump to: