Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cats not performing...

Go down 
+3
RosieAnnie
Penski
Calico
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Calico

Calico

Cats not performing... Empty
PostSubject: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:27 am

I was going to post that my mighty hunter, after a 15 month pressie free break had kindly brought us three rodents in nine days. He IS the claw of swiftness.

However...instead I am posting that my cats have been...

1) Allowing a mouse to move in under my dang fridge
2) Allowing same mouse to - wait for it - steal their cat food and set up a stash under the fridge.

I mean for Pete's sake. A mouse steals from their bowls.

I spent all Sunday morning - after spotting a tell tale 'that's not a chocolate sprinkle' piece of debris, first shifting fridge, cleaning cat food cack out of the coolant drip tray no less. It stank! And took ages with a skewer wrapped in tissue to poke all debris out of crevises. And how did mouse heave food up into coolant tray???
Have since read mice like living under fridges as motor nice and warm AND little coolant drip tray is a water source.

Then to be safe, taking out all under sink units, shifting cooker, dishwasher, washing machine... All clear.

99% sure the resident mouse was the last of the three presents offered to us.

But still - letting a mouse steal your food!

I spoke to them firmly, but since they didn't bother to raise their heads suspect they don't care.

strcat strcat strcat strcat
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 10:18 am

sleepup  We need a sleepy kitty icon for Calio's cats!

They let the mouse eat their food?!?  My Wyatt would never allow ANYTHING or ANYONE eat from his bowl!  
Of course, he's a food-hound.  happydog

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Maybe they are becoming vegetarian kitties?

sorrykitty

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:47 pm

lol2

BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Heh, good try Rosie. lol2

Calico, your cats should be ashamed of themselves. I mean, they should be, but being cats, aren't--of course. egcat

Sounds like you had a pretty Mighty Mouse living there. Were the other two rodents mice? Is there a possibility you had a family under that fridge?

ty pender

ty pender

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 9:16 am

Awwww - thank you for the lazy cat share, Ty.

"Too much effort - I keep servants for that!" egcat
Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 1:23 am

Consider my eyes rolling...
Spent yesterday morning moving ANOTHER mouse out from under the fridge.

Cleary the higher ones have decided to keep a pet, and, having accidentally eaten last weeks, they fetched in another.

The feline contingent slept through the entire mouse chasing and catching.

Colin did sterling work on fridge lifting and dropping box over the critter.

I was brilliant at the squeaking 'that way - there it goes!'

It was clearly an Indiana Jones of mice as we'd had the fridge lifted and I'd been flat on floor looking and declared 'all clear' once. So took us very much by surprise when second lift and move dislodged it from it's hidey hole.

D'eath is now on night-time lock out. strcat That is, he can go out if he chooses, but has to request permission before re-entering the house.

I don't think my utility cubby hole has ever BEEN so clear after two weekend purges on the trot.

(For any mouse lovers - it was captured hale and hearty and returned to the wild.)
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Laughing

You have such a way of telling us things, Calico!

Think I'll stick to dogs, though.

ty pender

ty pender

PostSubject: Useless cats, useless dogs...and nightmare mice   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:14 am

LOL!! I can commiserate, Calico. We had mice lay siege a couple of years ago and my two house kitties had no idea what to do. They were scared. Thank goodness Layla, our female corgi, took over!

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 12:49 pm

I am glad to hear they have had a good talking to. I hope a teacher's voice was used and the 'look' given?

However I recommend reduced rations for the felines and sending them on a 'this is what you're supposed to do' refresher course. I hear they are held in Catford.

Fingers and paws crossed that you have seen the last of the mouseketeers.

PostSubject: Re: Cats not performing...   Cats not performing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cats not performing...
Page 1 of 1