Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???

Go down 
+3
Penski
RosieAnnie
Kid4ever
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kid4ever

Kid4ever

Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Empty
PostSubject: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Shocked I accidentally ran across this in my wanderings and I am still slack-jawed and feel as if I've been poleaxed huh

I knew there was a "guy" who wanted to do a remake, but back then they were talking the team of Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson (ewwwww for that duo) but I don't recall hearing about Marten Ellstrom, let alone that the whole project had been turned over to (wait for it)...
Shocked BEYONCE'?????? Seriously????  scaredtodeath

Has anyone else heard/seen anything about that???

Marten says it's been a "project" since 2003 and then in 2011 "Beyonce' stepped in and decided to take over the production??  Mad

I can only hope that I am suffering a delusion due to my cold medication... scratch

Here's the link:
      http://aliassmithandjones.com/we_demand_a_remake/

Needless to say, after watching both videos, I did NOT sign the petition.

Any thoughts/opinions?  Rolling Eyes

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Wow, that seems really odd to me. And demanding Beyoncé step up? Odder still. And who is this relative of Pete's?

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:42 pm

EGADS!!! I certainly can't see Marten Ellstrom as Heyes. Now maybe Alex O'Loughlin...

I'd rather have the episodes we have and the fanfiction to carry on the story than see someone mess it up like they did to Starsky and Hutch.

Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Yeah, I read about this on another board a few years ago, where it was quite thoroughly debunked by the board mistress. So, no worries! sm

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 pm

I have not been hearing anything about this recently either but, like Ghislaine, I remember past discussion on another message board of some distant relative of the Deuel/Ellstrom family (who had never met Pete) claiming he wanted a re-make. It also seems to me that this very young and very distant relative was not taken seriously by the members of that message board or the board's administrator.

And...Beyonce?!? scratch

WichitaRed

PostSubject: remake   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 9:34 am

At first you heart skips and you think...how very cool.
Then your heart skips again and you think...I do not deem I want a remake.

Who could they possibly get to play Heyes and Curry who could even compare to the originals.

Would it be gritty...that would be interesting

More than likely they would make it hokey like they have Starsky & Hutch or Dukes of Hazzard or A-Team...no thank you.

InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:35 am

I had exactly the same reaction as Witchita Red. Remakes are not nearly as good as fanfictions. It would be too hard to see someone else in the roles. It's easier to imagine our heroes as they were as we read.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???   Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pete's relative wants to star in remake of ASJ???
Page 1 of 1