Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exit from Wickenburg

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Penski
Penski

Exit from Wickenburg Empty
PostSubject: Exit from Wickenburg   Exit from Wickenburg Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Sad Watched Exit from Wickenburg and answered the following questions...

?? Does the episode set any - PREQUEL, MISSING SCENE, FOLLOW UP - bunnies a bouncing

?? Any of the characters ripe for a VS come back

?? Anything in the episode that is so visual it'd be a real stretch VS wise ...

?? Any favo(u)rite lines crying out to be used again and again in fanfic?

?? What on the episode has become canon

There was no one on Sunday Chat on September 14. Sad

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Exit from Wickenburg   Exit from Wickenburg Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Here are Penski's comments about Wickenberg...

?? Does the episode set any - PREQUEL, MISSING SCENE, FOLLOW UP - bunnies a bouncing?
- Good story about them waking up from being hit & sent out of town – Heyes has a concussion while the Kid was “just socker punched”
- Boys were good saloon managers
- Plummer stories

?? Any of the characters ripe for a VS come back
- Sloane / Plummer
- Finrock (bushy sideburns)

?? Anything in the episode that is so visual it'd be a real stretch VS wise ...
- The saloon scene with the games and card playing and pouring of liquor

?? Any favo(u)rite lines crying out to be used again and again in fanfic?
- That’s trouble and we have to stay away from trouble
- But we’re not, are we.
- That’s the nicest I’ve been asked to leave town

?? What has become canon?
- Kid is good with kids (kiss the kids good-bye for me)
- Can read each other – don’t have to discuss things but just know it (Gorman to the horse)
- NOT canon – Heyes does eat as much as the Kid in the café. Kid isn’t the glutton many say he is.
- “Heyes, I’ve been thinkin’…” “Kid, we’ve had a good arrangement about that…”
- Heyes and Kid don’t make good carpenters

General Comments
- Beautiful sunset at beginning
- Love the saloon scenes
- The Kid knows the days of guns will eventually be over – folks won’t be wearing guns in the future
- Who told Mary Cunningham to fire the boys – Finrock or Sloane?
- Tears DO work on the boys
- Plummer knows who is still alive of his old gang and who’s still a threat

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Exit from Wickenburg   Exit from Wickenburg Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Here are Ghislaine's comments...
To answer the discussion questions:

* Does the episode set any - PREQUEL, MISSING SCENE, FOLLOW UP - bunnies a bouncing
--How the boys got the carpentry job
--Registering at the hotel for an expensive room (love the quote about paying $2 for a room so expecting a bit of privacy)
-- Something to do with bowin' and scrapin' as a big wig walks down the street
-- Obviously, outlaw days with the Plummer Gang and where Kid was during that time
-- Follow-up about Tommy: What he ends up doing as an adult or teen

* Any of the characters ripe for a VS come back
-- Sarek!

* Any favo(u)rite lines crying out to be used again and again in fanfic?
* See above: a) the line about hotel privacy, b) the line about bowin' and scrapin'
* Kid's lines to Tommy about him not needing a gun when he grows up but until then Kid will carry his life around in a holster (words to that effect)
* Kid's advice to the cheating poker player about considering it the price of bein' deliverd from sin
* Kid's line about not needing to work to work up an appetite
* These lines: “Ya know, Heyes, I’ve been thinking.” “Kid, we’ve had a pretty fair arrangement so far; let’s keep it that way.”

* What on the episode has become canon
-- These lines: “Ya know, Heyes, I’ve been thinking.” “Kid, we’ve had a pretty fair arrangement so far; let’s keep it that way.”
-- How Heyes is the brains and Kid is the brawn--HH figures out Mike's scheme and KC enforces the rules at the poker tables
-- That Kid is the one who deals well with children
-- That Kid can shovel the food down

Last edited by Penski on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Exit from Wickenburg   Exit from Wickenburg Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:51 pm

RosieAnnie wrote...

For VS comeback: Don't forget about Mary Cunningham! Yeah, sure, she said she was heading back east, but how far did she really get?

And how about those two card sharps that Heyes and Curry exposed at the beginning? Considering the time that our heroes spend in saloons, what are the ends they'll run into these two cheaters again? Or the young gunman that Curry outdrew in the saloon?

Something that comes up in this episode that I've seen in others is the bargaining skills that the boys have. "Desperate enough to make it $50 a month?" Heyes wasn't so sympathetic to Mary's problem that he donated to her cause; he upped the ante with her, and she folded. It worked for Heyes in this case. Was there ever a time when maybe he pushed too far or too hard, and it backfired on our boys?

On Penski's comment, they communicate so well -- also when they first leave the poker table. "What do you want to do about it?" Heyes knows Kid has seen the cheating and recognized it. He doesn't have to say, Hey, Kid, I think I saw those two cheat!

I love these questions and ideas (yours, not mine!). Keep 'em coming!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exit from Wickenburg   Exit from Wickenburg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exit from Wickenburg
Page 1 of 1