Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15

Go down 
+17
BeeJay
sistergrace
mouse4ever
Kid4ever
ty pender
Penski
RosieAnnie
Maz
Calico
FrankieASJ
InsideOutlaw
LittleBluestem
joannb
AllegraW
Ghislaine Emrys
WichitaRed
Fortitudine
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ty pender

ty pender

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 pm

'I can understand anyone having a crush on KC....'

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Ed-get11

.... anyone?

Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Alice...I have a new suggestion.

How 'bout we both shoot Ty?

lol2Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 4090779501

ty pender

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Joker-10

Touche!

Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:33 am

Maz!!!  I think you've hit the nail on the head!!!

Nothing personal, you understand, Ty.  But we can't let people go around saying insulting things about the Kid.  It wouldn't be right!

(Thanks for your account of Association Football, by the way, Ty.  Ask any gal on this side of The Pond, and she will tell you - the bane of her life is trying to understand football's Off-Side Rule.  Male friends and relatives, (in my case, husband, father, brothers, sons,),  spend hours trying to make it comprehensible.  And it is as complicated as Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Or more so.

Perhaps Kid could explain it to me . . .   If I could concentrate . . .
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Oh Alice...no!
The off-side rule is easy to understand..you see, you can't have the ball passed to you if you are in front of a player on the opposing team in their half of the....Hey stay awake!

ty pender

PostSubject: I am deeply honored...   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 1:43 pm

I am deeply honored to have sacrificed my life so that you two ladies would not shoot each other.

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Me-ed-10

- Mr. Ed

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Alias Alice - Dang, I almost forgot to comment on your challenge. Better late than never, huh? Poor Jed hurting from defending Han from a bully. I bet he was accurate with whatever he aimed. Nice how Han got Jed feeling better. Liked the little history lesson. Very nice! applause

Inside Outlaw - Oh, another prison stripes story. I can see the governor giving them amnesty with that condition. Seems like it isn't all they imagined it would be, for themselves or Lom. Very Heyes line at the very end. yes

InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 am

Calico: Wow, that was a tough day. Bitten by a recalcitrant climber and gloated over by a couple flag-draped outlaws. Lucky for you, you are a multi-tasker par excellance. Wish I could've been there to see them.

Alias Alice: I don't see anything here that should insult any flag-waving, red, white, and blue loving American. I found it clever how you began with the red stripes on Jed's poor back but went on to have Heyes give him a brief lesson about the stars and bars--and have him quote Barbara Fritchie! Nicely done.

Maz: Lots of famous names in this one. Did you choose Dartmouth as a location because of the ship Darmouth? Classic Heyes--he gets them a week's worth of work with no pay. I love the Kid's observation that they'd probably have to repaint it right away.

Penski: Haha, now I see why you commented about the prison stripes. I bet this kind of thing really did go on in the remote parts of the West. Shame on the whole town for letting their sheriff abuse his prisoners. Good thing Heyes has an equally clever partner.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 10:15 am

Penski:

A good read! - that shows that a Curry Plan can sometimes be as good as a Heyes Plan! But rather painful reading about how the town rounded up labour, and how they treated the men they grabbed. Interesting how you combined stars (belonging to the Sheriff. I mean the Marshall) and the stripes (what those poor prisoners were wearing).

InsideOutlaw:

I enjoyed this challenge. Good to know that the boys eventually got amnesty, and managed to avoid the harsh conditions you describe in the state prison. Hope they don't ever fall into the hands of the prison governor. You made him very believably nasty.

Calico:

I did literally 'laugh out loud'! More please! Don't let the new job stop you writing!

Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:47 pm

Remuda - So that's how Lom talked the governor into giving Heyes and Curry provisional amnesty. Very realistic. Poor Lom was uncomfortable talking to the governor and telling our favorite outlaws about the terms... and his reputation is on the line. Good challenge!

Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:24 am

1) Good heavens, Calico – was there one solitary word of sense in that story? Apologies – I see it. ‘Stepladder’. Always a sensible precaution when working at height.

2) Alias Alice
Awww – we all love our boys youthful and mutually supportive, don’t we? Nice story. And, on the cheering up front, don’t forget in ASJ world the 4th of July comes around several times a year.

3) Maz
TUT, Kid! You never use a screwdriver to lever off the paint tin lid, you’ll bend it. Consider this story docked a point from the start.
Loving the ‘that was a rhetorical question’ to stop Heyes in full flow.
Thirty eight stars, huh? Quick google – yup. That pretty much covers Heyes and Curry era. I want my fence done! Loving the idea.

4) Penski
Oh, poor Heyes! A town where you get punished for late gambling?! That must be his worst nightmare. But does anyone else think he must look kinda cute in that little convicts cap? Hmmmm? So the notice is tiny is it? Is the Sheriff working a scam? Laughed at the mention of ‘transients’ – which as we all know is a hanging Oh-Fence.
A Kid Curry plan!! Huzzah!
Jim Dewey – isn’t that the name of… You are a clever gal, Penski.
Loving Kid correcting Heyes back to ‘Marshall’ when he down ranks him.

5) Inside Outlaw
Oh, be fair, Inside – if our boys are having to get back by on their charm, that’s not so bad. They do have heaps of the stuff.
Enjoyed that Inside. You do wonder if the post amnesty world for the boys will actually be kinda an anti-climax.

6) Remuda
Yah-hay – the wire dodger has smeared the camouflage paint on her cheeks, grabbed her sturdy cutters and slithered in by moonlight.
I love Lom. Adoring seeing him all suited up and sweating.
Clever governor… In the words of our very own Heyes. “That’s a good deal??!!!”
Clever Remuda too – giving us the missing scene through Lom’s eyes.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Remuda: Poor Lom must have felt horribly uncomfortable waiting for the governor's response. You capture the scene nicely!

Back to top Go down
Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:19 am

Remuda)

I very much enjoyed this picture of Lom feeling like a fish out of water, extremely uncomfortable, but going through with it for friendship's sake. Also risking his own reputation, as you had the the Governor point out.

A good picture of the kind of friend he was to the boys.

Also I enjoyed how you worked in the Stars and Stripes reference!

Back to top Go down
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:44 am

Calico – What a fun story!  I giggled and chuckled all the way through, especially in the part where Heyes suggested that Cally check the elastic on her feminist credentials.  Cute, and LOTS of fun.  I have a feeling that Curry’s interest in women’s soccer is somewhat akin to my interest in men’s tennis.  sm

Alias Alice – A very touching story of friendship and loyalty.  Unique use of the prompt.  I liked your idea that young Jed was already good with his aim, since we all know where that skill will lead him in the future.  Nicely done! thumbsup

Maz – Cute, fun, creative.  SOooo many great lines, but here are a couple of my favorites:

“Who paints a fence red and blue?”
“You do,” came the reply.

and
“Do you know how many stars are on that thing?”
“As a matter of fact…”
“That was one of them rhetorical questions!”

I wonder what cool and refreshing beverage Sam Adams might serve the fellas at break time. lol2

Penski – Great job getting a FULL story into the challenge format!  It wasn’t just a snippet, but the whole thing with a beginning, middle and end.  A very nice ending too. Very interesting take on “stars” and “stripes.”   Loved Marshal Adams, and especially JIM DEWEY!   applause

InsideOutlaw – I enjoyed this very much, I.O.  The characters’ lines are very well written.  Even the few lines from the warden send chills down my spine.  What really stands out to me though, is the narrative.  So much detail is given, yet the reader never gets bogged down in it.  It is precise and at the same time fluid, like the stroke of a painter’s brush on canvas.  Well done! two thumbs

Remuda - Very nice behind the scenes coverage of Lom's trip to see the governor. I really like this line from the governor:  "The perfect means to a desired end.  It’s brilliant, really."  Interesting that it was HH and KC, not the governor or Lom, who came up with this "brilliant" idea.   cool

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Alias Alice - Oh, I've seen the movie The King's Speech and enjoyed it. Very clever having the name of the man King... and so subtle, too. I suppose, back in the day, it really wouldn't be a choice between a bank manager and an outlaw, even a handsome one with a dimple. Like how the Kid knew when to ask about it and when not to. Really good challenge!

Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 8:50 am

Maz) Another hilariously enjoyable posting from you, Maz! I really enjoy the way that you write dialogue between the two boys. It always sounds exactly right. And very funny.

Hope Heyes didn't fluff his lines at the hold-up after all that practising!
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Awwww, thank you Alice...and you made Heyes sad. Is that allowed amongst the Heyes gals?

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Maz – Love Heyes nervous and practicing to be “first bandit”. Maybe Wheat should’ve been more nervous when robbing Porterville. It is easier to give a speech to strangers than to a friend, Kid. Laughing to Heyes using his fingers as a gun when he could use his real gun. Loving the interruptions and the ‘carry on’ gestures. This dialog is spot on, Maz, but you knew that, huh? Okay, my favorite part is identifying themselves while practicing the use of bandanas – great point, Kid! Love it!

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Inside Outlaw – Of course you had to write a continuation of last month’s challenge – it was perfect! (don’t you love it when that happens?)  You did an excellent job showing how Heyes and Curry were free, but not free, and how they loathed their life of amnesty.  Love how Heyes, the gambler, took a chance and Lady Luck rewarded him once again.  Wonderful seeing the end of the story and where you took it.  Great last lines from the Kid!  Excellent way to end!   applause Thanks, too, for the historical notes at the end

Alias Alice

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 10:38 am

Inside Outlaw)

A very interesting and thought-provoking challenge.
Back to top Go down
sistergrace

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Alias Alice - I haven't seen The King's Speech, but I thought this was a good use of this month's prompt!  The final line was perfect.  Very Curry-like.

Maz - I'm with the Kid.  Telling folks their names was not one of Heyes' and Curry's smarter moves.  Fun story!

InsideOutlaw – Last month I was late in reading all the challenges and when I read yours, at first I thought I was reading a challenge for “The Speech” so it makes perfect sense that you would continue that story into this month.  Great line – small games small men played.  I found my attention riveted on Heyes as he gave his speech. The last line is priceless. Enjoyed the historical notes too. Very well done!

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Sister Grace - You wrote a challenge... yay!  Oh, dear Rev. Spencer.  I really liked that man and wondered what might have happened to him.  He paraphrases the Kid's words of wisdom.  Short and sweet - I love it!  yes

Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Aww Sister Grace it's Reverend Spencer!
Nice to know he's still a preacher.

Now who could that People's philosopher be? Hmm  let me think. lol2

A nice scene..

Ps Inside Outlaw..I'll be back to comment on yours when I have a bit more time :)

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 4:40 am

Maz: LOL, denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Love Heyes' nervousness over being 1st bandit and the Kid's 'helpfulness'. Great dialogue as usual and a great last line as well. Thanks for the chuckles!!

Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 am

Alias Alice: Nice take on the King's speech. How sad it was for Heyes to finally find someone he cares about enough that he tells her the truth only to lose her. Luckily, he has a supportive partner who cares and knows him so well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15   Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck Comments... from 13th June 14 to... 1st Nov 15
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next