Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 am

Sounds like you've got power, Stormr, so that's something. Still, I feel your pain, from here in the Midwest snowbelt. It's been one heck of a winter for everyone but the drought areas in California.

Just remember, it's already almost mid-February. There's always a February thaw, so no doubt that snow won't be around for long. Heck, the days are already so much longer than a month ago!

Look on the bright side - you can do a lot of writing!

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 am

LOTS of writing time for the folks in the East! I wanna read a lot of new stores!

Hmm... have you considered changing your pen name from Storm to something else?  scratch 

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:03 am

I'm with you, Storm. A foot plus here also with more to come. Just a lull right now to tease that's it over, when it's far from it. We go along with the government; when they're closed, we're closed. But, the regular workday is so much easier. This winter feels like the hamster on the perpetual wheel;  wheel just when you think spring might be around the corner, surprise....  moresnow   Well, out to deal with the white stuff.  snfl  Looks like I'll need a mushing crew  mush just to get to the car, but looks like they're all taken.

And as I'm heading out the door, the weather guy said it'll be 60 next week...  bottle 

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 am

Too exhausted from shoveling to write Pen!! Maybe a challenge. At least it is a good upper body workout and YES I have power so that is great. It would be great if a bunny could hop and I could get on a role, though I don't think the boys would want to be stuck in a blizzard!! chill 

First round does appear to be over(about 14") and they are saying the second round might break down. Fingers crossed on that.

Good luck Rem - shovel in shifts - the snow is super heavy! 60 - Wow I saw 48 here.

(we need an emoticon waving a white flag!!!)
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Meanwhile, in Tucson it was 80F! According to my mother, who was reporting the temp from the thermometer on her patio. It snowed here in Massachusetts from early morning to late afternoon, then changed to what looked like a rain/sleet mix but we're supposed to get more snow overnight. And, yup, we had another snow day. I am so glad I haven't lost power and I don't have to shovel! (sorry to folks elsewhere who do).

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:13 am

Pretty much what you would expect, but you can find out how many pleasant days a year you have:

http://www.kellegous.com/j/2014/02/03/pleasant-places/

Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:17 pm

That's a cool website, BJ! (No pun intended.) And I liked the web creator's bio, too.  sunny 

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 am

That was a cool website, BJ. I have to laugh, though. I think pleasant is a matter of opinion. I lived in one of those 'pleasant places' for two years and hated the weather. Give me four seasons, lots of snow, a moderate summer, and life is good.

That said, I've lived in the city when it's snowed and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope those of you who are struggling with this winter get some relief soon.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." —Dave Barry
Back to top Go down
stormr

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:39 pm

I hope everyone on the west coast that is getting all the rain is above water. I know you need it but a nice steady rain I'm sure would be much more appreciated than this torrential downpour. Stay safe everyone. morerain 
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:29 am

East Coast friends, are you getting buried again?  chill 

Back to top Go down
Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Just in from unearthing my car in the 7-8 inches of snow that I reckon fell. And to think yesterday it was in the 50s and sunny; by tomorrow morning we're set to be in the single digits with a high below freezing. And to think this is supposed to be meteorological spring...

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Well Mister Frost, struck again here in Kansas. We got sleeting ice putting down a nice layer of crust followed by a heavy blanket of snow. Our area luckily only got 5 to 6 inches; however, the wind chill has brought us to -15 to -25 degrees. This morning I went out to dig the Tahoe out and thaw it out. I leaned in, twisted the key and, he fired right up. When I glanced at the back seat, I went “Why is there ice all over my back seat?” So I do the parrot head twist and yes, every window is up. “hmmmm?” Step around and open the backdoor. “Yes, definitely ice all over. What the Hades?” Then I see the culprits. I have to preface myself in two ways. Yes, I know better and I am smart enough. Two, it was in the 60’s here last week and I was working out in the field a lot. I also bought a couple of energy drinks to help me keep up with the toddlers I was photographing, two of them apparently did not get drunk or taken in the house, you guessed it. I had two Monster Energy drinks explode in my truck. So in our wonderful temps, I got to scrape out the inside and outside of my truck. Grrrrrr! Then I go pick my nieces up, they had no school today, and they hop in sniffing at the funny smell. I drive on, when I hear from the back, “Why does your truck smell like juicy fruit?”

So how was your winter day?

sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:52 am

Here we go again!   moresnow This morning, the television weather guy said that our state has not had this much snow during one winter season since the winter of 1880-1881! hs To emphasize just how LONG ago that was, he added, "The last time we saw this much snow, Jesse James was still robbing trains"  train 

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 am

No doubt he meant to say, when the Devil's Hole Gang was robbing trains.

Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 am

That is the same winter Laura ingalls Wilder writes of in her novel the long winter, I do hope nothings a terrible is happening to you

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Gosh, Red, that is a frightening thought! I wonder how the woolly bears are making it? It's turning spring here rapidly, while my home Mid-Atlantic is waiting for another major snow storm. What gives? Hang in there and stay safe, folks!
HW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!   

Back to top Go down

Free snow - come and get it! Take all you want!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2