AuthorMessage
Maz

PostSubject: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Happy Birthday Doctor Who
By Maz McCoy

“Heyes.”
“What?”
“I’m worried about Maz.”
Heyes looked up from the book he was reading. He sat on the bed, leaning back against two plump pillows, socked feet crossed at the ankle. “Why you worried?”
“She’s acting weird.”
“You’ve only just noticed?”
“Huh?”
“Nothing.” He returned his attention to the book, Great Train Robberies of the Old West. He was going to write to the author and complain that the Devil’s Hole Gang had not been mentioned. At least he was on page 86 and there hadn’t been a mention of them so far.
“So what do you think?” Kid asked.
“What about?”
“Maz.”
Heyes lowered the book once more. “How is she acting weird?”
Kid sat on the end of the bed. “Well, she showed me this photo of a man with grey hair and a white ruffled front shirt. You remember the one I wore when we were pretending that Clem and I were southern gentry?”
“Yeah.”
“Well, this guy’s shirt looked like that. Anyway Maz points to the photo and says ‘That’s my doctor’. But I know it’s not ‘cos we saw her doctor remember? He was that tall Nigerian guy? Nice man too.”
“I remember. Real polite.”
“Well, then why did Maz say this other man was her doctor?”
“I don’t know.”
“Then later she shows me a picture of another man and says ‘that’s the doctor too’ except it’s a completely different man. I asked her if this was the same guy and she said, yes.”
Heyes’ brow furrowed. “Does seem a bit odd.”
“She’s shown me three pictures of three different men and claimed they were all the same doctor. I’m really worried about her.”
“She has been working hard lately.”
“I know but this is really weird. One of the guys couldn’t be more than thirty one and Maz says he’s fifty.” Kid’s worried eyes met Heyes’. “She’s also forgotten the words to songs.”
“She has?”
“Yep. Keeps wandering around singing ‘Diddly dum, diddly dum, diddly dum, dum, then suddenly going whoooooo ooooooo.”
“Sure is odd, Kid.”
“I know. D’you think it’s her age?”
Heyes stood up fast. “Whoa! Kid. Do not mention her age! Under no circumstances mention her age.”
“Why not? She’s a woman and we know they go through stuff when they get to…well, to her age.”
“Kid, I like it here. It’s warm, well, one day in the summer it was. Maz has hundreds of books. I am learning so much about science and you are getting…Well, you know.” Kid smiled. “I don’t want to hafta leave. If you mention Maz’s age she could get mad. I don’t mean door slamming mad, I mean throw-us-out-of-the-house-with-nowhere-to-go-mad.”
“That bad huh?”
“That bad. Never, ever, mention to a woman of a certain age, that it might be her age.”
“Sheesh, I thought it was bad enough that we couldn’t ask if it was due to the date in her diary, now we gotta tred careful ‘cos of her age.”
“Very careful.”
“So what do we do about this doctor thing?”
“Who knows.”

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Love it, Maz!*  I hope the 50th Anniversary special will be on YouTube at some point.  Did you watch it--how was it?  Did it live up to all the hype?

My favorite Doctor is #4, Tom Baker; I watched all the episodes that were broadcast from that series when it was shown in syndication in the US in the 1980s.  Loved Leela and K9! And the scarf--what is it with scarves and British men?!?  Couldn't really get into it after that, though, as I couldn't see Peter Davison as anyone other than Tristan in All Creatures Great and Small.  I tried watching the reboot but I'll stick to Sherlock.  (Sorry, Moftiss).  Though I'm not sure which was a better villain: the Daleks or Moriarty.  Very Happy 

* I had the same reaction as Heyes when reading books about great train robberies in the Old West! sm

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Ghislaine Emrys on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Ghislaine Emrys wrote:
Love it, Maz!*  I hope the 50th Anniversary special will be on YouTube at some point.  Did you watch it--how was it?  Did it live up to all the hype?
I LOVED the anniversary episode!!!!
I loved the story, the little notches to the past, John Hurt snapping and being cranky and some serious OMG! moments. Steven Moffat was right though when he said he lied his arse off about the 50th Very Happy 
Also, I just finished watching the hilarious spoof Peter Davison (5th Doctor) did about the Classic Doctors trying to get a part for the 50th anniversary special. My favorite Doctor is the current one, Matt Smith, and I will be VERY sad to see him go...
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:35 pm

No clue who Dr Who is, but loved Heyes and Curry talking about Maz. So why did they see your doctor, Maz?

Anyways, they must have mentioned your age and been thrown out because they're BOTH with ME this month. And they're inspiring story outta me.

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 am

Tom Baker was my favorite doctor. My sister became a huge fan of David Tennant. I never saw those episodes. But I was enough of a Whovian, back in the day, that I went to a huge Dr. Who fan convention in Chicago. I was lucky enough to meet three of the doctors (Baker, Pertwee, Davison) and several of the companions, including Sarah Jane and Leela. Leela (Louise Jameson) was an absolute sweetheart.

Hope you enjoyed the special, Maz. I read about it on the Guardian website. Do you have a favorite Doctor? Favorite companion?

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 am

John Pertwee was my doctor too! Tom Baker a close second. Thought David Tennant owned the role though - I like him in all that he does! (Hubby was lucky enough to work with him on a production called Einstein and Eddington and reported he was a very nice man!)

Anyway, loved the story Maz although I know the boys are looking forward to their little holiday break in Devon. I've got a nice big canvas ready! Twisted Evil  Very Happy  Shocked  sm 

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:52 am

I haven't actually seen the episode yet.
I was out last night.sm 

Jon Pertwee was my doctor. Loved his car Bessy. Jo Grant was the companion I liked best.
I loved K9 too and I agree David Tenant really changed our view of the show.
Although I am not a regular viewer, it's just a very British show and we are all very proud of its success.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:36 am

Loved this, Maz! Very, very funny!
My doctor is Tom Baker. I think he may be the doctor for most American women of that age(ahem), as I think he was the first one aired over here in many areas.
My second favorite is Patrick Troughton. I think he was a marvelous actor in general.
I met Jon Pertwee at a Who gathering out here in LA. It was very funny. My mom is a big Dr. Who fan, so I got an autograph for her. When he asked for the name I told him. He simply stared at me. It took a couple of repeats and a few minutes for it to register. He made it quite clear that Americans pronounce Rochelle incorrectly! Sylvester McCoy was out the following year. He had a terrible cold from traveling, and couldn't participate much.

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh you met Jon Pertwee:D 

When I was about 6 we went to a fair and there was a Dalek in a tent.
I could not understand why my brother wanted to go in there. Didn't he know there was a Dalek in there!! A Dalek!!Shocked 

Somehow he survived to tell the tale. Phew.

I have now seen the 50th programme. Aww. Four Doctors in it sm 

Loved it.

All together now...Diddly dum, diddly dum, diddly dum, dum.

Whooooooo ooooooooo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Maz wrote:
I have now seen the 50th programme. Aww. Four Doctors in it sm 

Loved it.
Actually... 5 Doctors you could see (Peter Capaldi appeared too) and 3 that were hidden. *G*
Peter Davison did a funny video in which four of the classic Doctors desperately tried to get a part in the anniversary episode. According to that video, Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davison and Colin Baker made it into the episode - as the covered statues in the gallery. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Doctor Who   

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Doctor Who
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1