Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stories by Keays

Go down 
+3
countryrosie
RosieAnnie
Ghislaine Emrys
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Stories by Keays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Next chapter 'The Hearing' is now on WetPaint.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:05 am

Looking forward to reading this as soon as I can sit down for more than a few minutes!

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Next chapter 'Hopeless' is over on WetPaint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Next chapter 'Choices' is over on WetPaint. Coming up to the wire now ladies, only about three more chapters left to go after this one. We're getting there!
Back to top Go down
countryrosie

countryrosie

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Keays I was going to go to bed when I check the board here and seen you had the next chapter up and man what a chapter it was. Let me tell you I was scared, and then Mad towards the end. Don't want to give anything away for those that haven't read it yet. All I will say at this time is that the Warden had better look out. A pissed off ex-outlaw with a fast draw is going to be his worse nightmare and I don't feel sorry for that !@#$%^ because he has it coming to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Next chapter 'Broken' is now on WetPaint.
Back to top Go down
countryrosie

countryrosie

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Keays just what I wanted for my birthday day. The next chapter in our story about Heyes in prison. It is real upsetting though to read what you wrote but then that is the job of a good author to make us feel what the main charater is feeling and you can feel what Heyes is feeling. I left a review on this chapter on the other web site too. Don't leave us hanging to long before we get the next chapter. Will be on pin and needles to find out what happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for all your comments over on WetPaint people!!

I'm off on vacation now, but I will be taking my laptop with me so whenever there's some quiet time I will be writing, and you can bet that while Paul is doing the driving my little mind will be churning away on the next chapter! Must make sure I have paper and pen with me in the car, then when we stop for the night I can whip out the laptop ang type everything in!

To answer your question SK; yes it does affect my mood quite a bit. I often find myself feeling depressed and a bit snarky if I'm into a really intense scene. It doesn't last though, thank goodness. I've already done the suicidal thing--don't need to personally go there again.

This chapter with Heyes very much relates to what happened to Peter. The beginnings of this story is what I came up with in my own mind as how to 'justify' and deal with what he did. Of course the situation is quite different, but many of the emotions and justifications are similar, I think.

Anyway, must go! So much to do and so little time to do it in!!

I will pop into chat while we're on the road if I can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Keays - Have a great holiday and relax knowing that you've surpassed yourself with this chapter. We wouldn't want the story to be at your expense, you know, so please let me know if you need cheering up. I probably do at least ten stupid things before breakfast, so I'm sure I can come up with something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Next chapter 'The Mouse' is now over on WetPaint.
Back to top Go down
countryrosie

countryrosie

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Keays so glad you had a great time on your vacation even though you had to er visits. I read you story this morning and really, really, really, liked it. What caught my attention though is the cat. When I was younger we had a cat that when we got her she was small and gray like a mouse so that was her name Mouse. The older she got the more she had some tan colors come out. It was great to hear about Heyes' cat Mouse. It brought back some memories of our cat Mouse.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Your vacation sounds wonderful--except for the hospital visits, of course. I'm glad you got a chance to see the WTP. It's great, isn't it!? And, yes, it is laid out differently from how you've written it in TOF but that has not at all stopped me from enjoying your story immensely.

And I thank you very, very much for uploading the latest chapter on Saturday (my time, anyway). Had I seen an announcement on Sunday evening, as I usually do, I would of course have had to read it right away and then I'd be tired for the rest of the week. But I escaped that fate this time! And even managed to post comments, too. Thanks again!

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 pm

The next chapter "Healing" is now over on WetPaint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 am

Keays - I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this series. It has been a rollercoaster and has taken me right along with poor Heyes. I will be sad when this has finished. This has been absolutely gripping. I just don't know what I'll do with my spare time once I don't have the Abi series or Twist of fate to look forward to. I hope you have something new planned. Well done and thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:31 pm

The final chapter; "The Way Back" is now on WetPaint.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:11 pm

"Final"??? Say it ain't so!
No

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 pm

If I did it right, the deleted scene from The Way Back should show up on WWOMB. I will check back tomorrow myself and make sure it is there. Or again, as I said; just pm me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 am

Keays - This was so emotional and the details of how overwhelmed Heyes felt was brilliantly captured. I'm glad he had the sense to let Kid in, so greenshoots of hope there. I'll leave an the comment over on Wetpaint for you but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 am

Twist of Fate was a wonderful ride but all good things come to an end. At least with the way you concluded it, there is hope for a positive future for Heyes.

Yes, Keays, the deleted scene is on WWOMB, although it's kind of hard to find. But--a warning to anyone who hasn't read the chapter: This scene would be rated M because it contains explicit sexual content. Here's the direct link for anyone who wants it:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?sid=53288

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks Ghislaine. I thought I had rated it at that, but now that I think of it, perhaps it was just 'adult content'. Hopefully those interested can find it.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

I forgot to include some comments on WetPaint but did want to let you know of some additional parts that I liked, so I'm posting them here. If you'd rather I put them on the other site along with all the others, just let me know.

-- I enjoyed Kid's reference to Miracle at Santa Marta

-- Not sure why, but I laughed at the line when the guard tells Heyes that he already had his shower for the week but this was a special occasion so he could have another

-- I found this insightful: "He took his old blue coat—or was it brown...or gray? Or a combination of all three? Maybe that's why Heyes had such a fondness for that old battered coat; its colour was indefinable—much like Heyes himself at times."

-- "... A very good friend of mine once said that sons were an honour to have, but daughters were a gift.” Intereting that that's how Heyes thinks of Kenny (though, of course, Kenny was a good friend to him)

-- I like how you twist the usual phrase here: Because of course, her off-spring were just tails and hooves above any other horse, not just in this field, but on the whole ranch.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Ghis;

I don't mind you posting comments here. Anywhere is fine! Yes, Kenny is a good friend to Heyes and once the barriers of position are removed I think they will be life-long friends. You just never know where you are going to meet a kindred spirit!

I just had to put that reference to Heyes' coat in there. I have heard other writers refer to that coat as being 'gray' or 'blue' or something, but to be quite honest I never could really discribe it's true colour. Can you? Then it occured to me that it was much like Heyes himself--indefinable. So there it is.

Yes, two showers in one week! Not sure if that's a luxury or not considering it's cold water! But certainly a special occasion.

And then, of course dispite Peter not being happy with MASM (but then really; would he have been happy with anything at that point in his life?), it was and still is one of my favorite episodes. It kind of fit that situation that Heyes' true character was still there, but buried beneath all those defensive walls and it was going to take some doing to bring it back out again.

Good chat today. It seems I have a way of getting people talking about things even if I do occasionally get shot down in the process! Oh well, it's a risk worth taking. Still, good chat. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

reading I just want to thank all of you ladies for staying faithful to TOF especially over the looooonnnng haul and for all of your insightful and inspirational comments throughout. Having readers who stay with the story and comment fairthfully really helps to keep the momentum going and the creatiave juices flowing! So again, thanks to you all, It really helped.

More to come, I'm just not sure how soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

The first chapter of 'Ghosts' is now on WetPaint. It's title; SHADOWS

I promise this story will not be as long as TOF. At least I don't think it will be--well you never know. But NO, I don't think it will be--maybe.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:35 am

I haven't even finished rereading TOF and you've already started posting the sequel?! I hope this doesn't mean the marriage is off... Shocked You are too good to us! Very Happy Except, whaddaya mean it won't be so long--we like it long! Now I can't wait to get home from work...and I haven't even finished breakfast yet... Mad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stories by Keays   Stories by Keays - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stories by Keays
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next