Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspirational images/footage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankieASJ

FrankieASJ

Inspirational images/footage Empty
PostSubject: Inspirational images/footage   Inspirational images/footage Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:33 am

A piece of footage showing the capabilities of horse and rider. Couldn't help thinking of what the boys might have done to out run a posse ...

http://barnmice.com/video/eventing-like-it-really-was-cavalry-on-course-1920

HelenWest

Inspirational images/footage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational images/footage   Inspirational images/footage Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 am

It's amazing what horses and riders can learn to do. I wonder how much harder it would be to do that kind of stuff in a western saddle and with no training for horse and rider? But then again, when you're riding for your life, it would be a real motivating factor.

I remember seeing a cross country three-day event jumping obstacle that I can't find on line. It was called an Italian grave, if I remember correctly after 40 plus years. It consisted of a high two-layered earth platform with a a water obstacle on both sides and a high rail jump in the center with almost no take off or landing area. I don't know how a mortal horse or rider could get over it, but at the Maryland Equestrian center cross country riders, including, I recall, the Olympic team, trained on it. I was in awe.
HW
Back to top Go down

Inspirational images/footage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Tangentially Related to ASJ-
Jump to: