Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Four legged fiends - I mean friends...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Penski -- gotta admit I love that movie, cheesy though it is. Can remember all the kids piling into the back of the station wagon to watch it at the drive-in. My kids have no idea what a drive-in is -- what a loss. As to the cat/animal thing -- the question is are your dogs, horses, Llamas, alpacas, or iguanas black? The coven want to know Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 am

When shall the coven meet again
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurlyburly's done?
When the battle's lost and won?
That will be ere the set of sun.
Where the place?
Upon the heath.
Fair is foul and foul is fair.
Hover through the fog and filthy air. Twisted Evil

Sounds like the broom ride is to Scotland after someone has won April's bandanny. Are the cats invited??? (or is that any black animal??)
BBQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 am

BBQ
Scotland is it? We've got the party started...

Warlocks and witches in a dance;
Nae cotillion brent-new frae France,
But hornpipes, jigs strathspeys, and reels,
Put life and mettle in their heels.
A winnock-bunker in the east,
There sat auld Nick, in shape o' beast;
A towzie tyke, black, grim, and large,
To gie them music was his charge:
He scre'd the pipes and gart them skirl,
Till roof and rafters a' did dirl.--

All shapes, sizes and species welcome!

(Apologies to Mr. Burns! The bard, not the one who runs the power plant in Springfield)
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Okayyyy.... this is going to the dark side. Didn't HH say she has cookies?
Back to top Go down
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Think I'll leave my black Lab/German Shepherd home. He gets nervous with Princess around. Can't image how upset a coven of cats would make him.
scared

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 03, 2012 5:15 pm

I sure do! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Twisted Evil I had a HUGE (dwarf black panther size) black cat while I was growing up named Inky (not very original). She regularly brought "presents" home, sometimes live ones, much to my parents dismay. She also loved to sit on top of the refrigerator and jump down on unsuspecting passer bys. Inky lived to be 22. After that we got two simese cats and no my father has two white long-hair cats that my mother came home with one day about a year before she passed away and now my father is stuck taking care of them even though mom said she'd do everthing (that lasted about the usual 2-3 days).

I always had lots of pets growing up mostly at the same time. A dog and cats were the norm as well as sucession of others that came and went such as tropical fish, canaries, parakeets, hamsters, geribils, and rabbits.

Once I had my own household strangely enough a cat is one of the few common pets that we have not had. Golden retrievers (there have been 3) rule the house, although, household members have included saltwater and freshwater fish, an Iguana, hamsters, ducks, and a parakeet. I drew the line at my son's request for a snake. My husband's uncle boarded my husbands too old to ride horse at his farm in PA until Cody passed away 5 years ago.

There does seem to be a lot of cat people on the board, I like cats but if I could only have one pet it would be a dog. I like the instant gratification of unconditional love that a dog provides.
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Hey my Miss Moneypenny provides unconditional love and instant gratification. She showed it this morning at 4AM by upchucking a huge hairball on the bed right next to me. Rolling Eyes

Keays

PostSubject: New corgi   Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 pm

InsideOutlaw. Great news about your new corgi!! I'm so glad you were able to find and four legged member to your family--and yes! it is amazing how those in need find us just in time. I sorta got my own dog that same way!
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: new kid   Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 am

Hey Everyone: I posted this in the wrong place, it belongs here. I wanted to thank you all again for your kind comments when we lost our corgi, Bode, and now I want to tell you all that we have a new baby. Word got around in this small little valley I live in and Saturday morning we got a call from Pizza Joe who runs a wood fired pizza business out of his home. He is friends with a vet in town who had a 2 year old female corgi rescued from one of the local ranches. So we now have Layla, who is just the sweetest girl and has already secured her place in our menagerie. They just have a way of finding you, don't they?
Back to top Go down
skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 am

congrats on your new furry family member. Have fun with her!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 am

How lovely! She was obviously meant for you. bal
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I love cats and we would probably have one if my older sister wasn't allergic. But I'm happy with my sweet Golden Retriever, Dixie. That's her in my avvie. ^.^ I also own a female cockatiel and a male betta.
Other annimals in our household innclude my big sister's bichon mix, my lil sister's Peke-a-poo, and our mom's senior Pekingese.
Dixie got spayed last Tuesday but she's did very well and will be romping around again on Friday, :-)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3759676/
Calico

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 am

That is indeed one cute dawg in your piccie, Yope. Loving the ex-outlaw outfit.
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks, Calico! But what I wouldn't do for a 'Heyes Hat'.

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Yope; You know you can order the hat band at a site called 'Outlaw Hatband'. They are a little pricy but many of us have them. I was fortunate in that I already had my old black show hat to attach it to, but it really shouldn't be too hard to find a black cowboy hat to use. It doesn't have to be exactly like Heyes'!

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 pm

I just looked it up; and Shocked Omgeese they eve got the hat band! xD I think I'll keep an eye out for something more comfortable for my wallet though.

Yope1995

PostSubject: Dixie's Photoshoot   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Various Dixie photos from the past few days:

"Big smiles, people! C'mon!"

"Yes, I'm THAT cute."

Dixie with her favorite teddy bear. :3

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:15 am

Hello I want to share some very exciting news...

Are you all braced

Are you all well briefed that the response to this post is excitement.

Very well then.

I have Jenny Wrens nesting in a hung up old teapot in my garden!!!!

We are currently at nest building stage as they carry in leaves and twigs bigger than themselves.

Will update if I see anything fledge - but obviously I won't go peep.

Shush!!! not a word to the furry fiends!!  welcat 
Back to top Go down
sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 am

purr No garden tea parties for your kitties! egcat

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Calico we'll need a webcam!

Like this:

http://phoebeallens.com/

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:48 am

I have some very, very sad news...

Common news - but sad.

My wren chicks (wren couple number two) have been the victims of a feline-acid.

Three dead little chicks on the ground - sniff.

The jasmine and honeysuckle which previously hid the teapot nest flattened and ripped off wall by - almost certainly - the guilty party climbing down from above.

Tell tale white fur on ledge above the nest.

And - a very smug neighbouring cat (with a white bib matching the on scene evidence) leaning over edge, catching my eye and making herself scarce. And not a moment too soon.

I have had a heavy hearted sweep up exercise. Dang natural order of things!!
Back to top Go down
Maz

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Ah nature in tooth and paw.

Always sad. I feel for Mrs Wren when she gets home and thinks..sheesh that was quick, they were only just out of the egg.
 purr Released her inner lion huh?

PostSubject: Re: Four legged fiends - I mean friends...   

Back to top Go down

Four legged fiends - I mean friends...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2