Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blizzard Nemo

Go down 
+3
Ghislaine Emrys
InsideOutlaw
RosieAnnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Stay safe and warm, all of you in the eastern U.S. and New England, while Nemo brings you lots of snow. I hope no one loses power or heat, and that your chief memories of this event are all pleasant. Well, except for the 24" of snow that somebody will have to move from the driveway. . . Shocked

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 3:16 am

Goodness, the weather never lets up on you folk over there! Stay safe and warm. grouphug
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 am

Wow, I just saw the news and it looks bad. I hope everyone is home and safe and able to stay warm!
Back to top Go down

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 am

I do hope everybody stays safe and well. Take care over there. grouphug
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:50 am

I have internet access!!! I have heat!! I am happy! Very Happy

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes. It still snowing and the wind is blowing it every which way so the storm is definitely not over. First thing I did when I woke up ws go take photos. I tried to upload a couple pics but the program wouldn't let me, sorry. Most power outages are on the South Shore (ie south of Boston) and the coastal areas have been hit hard because of high tides and storm surges. Where I am, in northern Massachusetts, it looks like two feet of snow fell but it's hard to tell because of all the snow drifting due to the wind. However, I can't open my front door becuase it's blocked by snow! Fortunately, should I need to, I have egress through my garage, though I'd have to shovel for quite a while before I could drive out. Even more fortunately, I don't have to do any of that--my condo association has a snowplow person/company on retainer as well as people who shovel out our walkways and stairs. So I am just going to sit inside, look outside, and enjoy! And hope I have power the whole day long!

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Yope1995

Yope1995

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 am

That's good to hear! sm

I hope any of you who are out there stay safe and warm too! sunny

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3759676/

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:21 am

Ghis, glad to hear you still have power. Saw the pics you posted on another site -- Wow! It is pretty, but I wouldn't be looking forward to all that shoveling.

NM131, I hope you've not been impacted too badly and still have power.

Hope everyone else in the wake of this storm gets their power back quickly and is staying warm. sm

Finally, I guess the Weather Channel hit upon something with naming the winter storms. This one seems to have stuck, if not in other media reports, but anecdotally, certainly.
Back to top Go down

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 am

Hi all, I'm posting from a Holiday resort close to the sea in Holland. We got some snow ourselves today, but compared to the US it's peanuts....looks pretty though.

Stay warm and safe and look out for eachother!

Back to top Go down

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 am

Yes, do stay safe and warm everyone. I suppose damp cold and rain doesn't seem so bad compared to what you folks are going through! I think I'll stay on the west coast.
Back to top Go down
BeeJay
Admin
BeeJay

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Here's hoping everyone in Nemo's path stays well, and that their power stays on! Please be careful

HelenWest

HelenWest

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Stay safe and warm and keep power, y'all in Nemo's path! This time, we escaped, but we are sure in the position to feel for you!
Helen
bal
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Hoping everyone in the path of Nemo stays safe and keeps power.

Blizzard Nemo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Nemo   Blizzard Nemo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blizzard Nemo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Member Stuff-
Jump to: