Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever done this?

Go down 
+2
RosieAnnie
Yope1995
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yope1995

Yope1995

Have you ever done this? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

I finished an ASJ fanfic a couple of nights ago where these asj fanfic writers get an invitation to a meeting in the mail from Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry. Anyways the writers get sent back in time and attend the meeting. I wrote it when I was bored, didn't want to go to bed yet, and got stuck on a Rawhide story. But to get to the point, when I went to bed after posting it I dreamt I atteded. Laughing Have you ever become one of the charcters in a story? In dreamland, of course. ;D

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3759676/

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:32 pm

OH I wish!!! Hasn't happened for me yet. Let me sleep on it.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Usually I'm losing sleep, thinking about how to resolve some twist and turn in a story. I only wish the boys would visit me and tell me what happens next!

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

Yope1995

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 pm

RosieAnnie wrote:
Usually I'm losing sleep, thinking about how to resolve some twist and turn in a story. I only wish the boys would visit me and tell me what happens next!
Gee wouldn't that be great? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

I've never dreamt I was a character in a story, but have been woken out of a sound sleep with an idea to further a piece in progress. Of course, needed to get right up and jot it down so I didn't lose it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 am

My dreams never make enough sense to be a story, let alone be a character in one! I wish they did. Who'd need a TV?
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

Yope1995

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Agreed, silverkelpie! ;D

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 pm

sm Wow, talk about timing...I had a dream just about 2 nights ago. Sleep The only thing was that it wasn't about a story, it just involved all of us.

We were having an ASJ get-together grouphug and Heyes and Kid were in attendance ( Very Happy ) and we were going to watch an episode together.

The problem was, we each had one we wanted to watch desperately. So, Heyes decided that the only fair thing would be for each of us to tell him our fav ep and why we thought it should be picked and he and the Kid would be the judges.

Well, Curry decided that he would rather just sit back and listen (and continue to sample eat all the wonderful home-baked goodies we had all brought with us) and let Heyes do the judging.

I never did get to finish it to find out which ep won, but we all sure did have fun trying to convince Heyes! sm

One more quick thought...or dream comment: I did once have a major plot block writing and after falling asleep Sleep both Heyes and Curry "visited" me, sitting on the end of my bed and "discussing" how they thought the problem should be resolved. Then, once that was settled, they got kinda proddy, draw demanding that we writers "give them a break" every once in a while, and that they were "tired of getting shot, tied up, beaten and tortured, let alone never getting paid for any of the jobs they did." Mad

I won't go into all the details but I took a page out of Heyes' book, relying on my persuasive ability, and explained that it was our job to keep 'em busy And the dream did give me a whole new story, which I posted as an April Fool's Day surprise
sm

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Some of my goofy stories have come from dreams I've had ;)

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 am

I've had some pretty nonsensical dreams involving the boys, but nothing I could use for a story. I do find, though, that I often work plot ideas out in that time where you are almost drifting off to sleep, but not quite there. Somehow that's when things often become clear to me. I guess it's the conscious mind letting go that helps.
Back to top Go down
Yope1995

Yope1995

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 am

Wow, Kid! You lucky thing! O.O I wanna be visited!!! xD You oughta do a story with that first one. ;)

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: in the dream   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 am

I have never been a character for to say in a dream. However, as my challenges tales attest I am woken up with a plot in mind all together. The closes though I have come to this is with my novel I am slowly writing. My lead character is named Lafayette Crowe. He is formed some from Hannibal and from other aspects of history and my life. I laid off writing for a time, lost my interest or maybe my faith and for several night running I had a dream of Lafe pacing the floor throwing me hard looks. So, yeah it made me get back to writing. It felt very odd...like he was really there and when I woke in the night I was actually unsure if I wanted to even look over across the room where he had been pacing in the dream. So yeah...dreams can really take your for an odd flipping ride at times.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever done this?   Have you ever done this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ever done this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Tangentially Related to ASJ-
Jump to: