Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

1) Five years earlier our boys got amnesty – now they’re camping and bantering on the way to an Anniversary Bash.
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
2) A dying Bart McCracken replays a killing from five years earlier, and life will never be the same for young Kid Curry.
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
3) A separated Heyes and Kid – neither doing too well – think back to five years earlier, and happier days on the Bar-T Ranch.
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
4) Rather than watch Silky’s sophisticated party, young Jed thinks back to the simple family Christmas he and Heyes shared five years earlier.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
5) With Jesse by his side Heyes is thinking over his prison sentence five years earlier – and those wasted years.
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
6) Heyes recalls a ‘spirited’ Christmas Eve five years earlier – when he got both a seasonal visit AND amnesty at last.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
7) A newspaper article reminds Heyes of a stowaway he picked up five years earlier – who came to a tragic end.
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
8) The mine in Gulchtown shut down five years earlier – but it still gets the occasional interesting pair of (familiar) strangers riding through.
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
9) After an anti-climax of an amnesty, our boys remember resolutions made five years earlier, and earlier, and earlier.
36%
 36% [ 8 ]
10) With an injured Kid in tow Heyes finds this ghost town was one he visited five years earlier – and revisits another long forgotten habit on Christmas Eve.
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
11) An incognito Heyes gets déjà vu of the time five years earlier when he expected to see Kid and instead met Fred posing as – well – the other fella.
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Calico

PostSubject: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 am

Hello everyone, how are we all?
Full of turkey, trimmings, chocolate, wine (hic) and the odd Rennie??

Well, time to push aside that depleted Quality Street tin, put the empties in the recycling bin, pop your reading glasses on your nose and give some thought to the first serious decision of the new year...

Which story - out of a seasonally splendid batch - deserves the first 2013 awarding of our much coveted yellow bandana??

Hard choice 'cos you ladies have provided a feast of flashbacks and the occassional coupe of christmassness!!

BUT - do mull and vote.

Without further ado, your choices are...
Back to top Go down
Calico

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 am

Hello everyone!!!

purr d]](Hurry yup!! Hurry Yup!!!) [Will you be patient, you dang cat!][/i]

Time to see which lucky writer gets the much coveted yella...

purr (Yadda, yadda!! Gimme!! GIMME!!) ]Sound effect of frantic cat being pushed off laptop]

Yella bandanny. First of all, thanks to everyone who played and gave us a wonderful clutch of seasonal lovelies to see us into the new year...

purr (Weeeeeeoooooooooowwwwwlllllll!!! NOW!!! NOW!!!) [Sound effect of claws scrabbling at underside of keyboard.]

Of course, in one sense, every story is really a winner...

purr (But, in a more precise sense, MY story is THE winn...) [You really don't get the concept of gracious acceptance speech, do you?]

And the boys will be visiting every writer to give the 'Thank You' cuddles.

But, this month the bandanny goes to... let me open the envelope...

purr (Yeah, right - like you haven't been watching like an Orc since Sunday!!)

Gosh. What a surprise! It's our very own Calico!!!

purr (Mine!!!! MINE!!!!) ]Sounds of a bandanny being ripped from November winner and dragged to basket.]

Thank you so much!! I am overwhelmed... Awwwww... Head butts all round! Modesty overcomes me. To think I could win a bandanny when there were so many great stories...

purr (Enough already, let the Stroking of the Cat commence. HEY! Lady! Step away from the bandanny and no one gets the claw!!)

...When there were so many great stories. [Fume] Excuse me - I have a feline who needs to be de-smugged. brb

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 am

:champagne1:
Many congratulations, Calico

Great story, really enjoyed it
!
congrats
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 am

Congratulations, congrats Calico! A well-deserved win!

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 am

congrats Congratulations, Calico congrats

Great story!
Back to top Go down
FrankieASJ

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 am

Bloomin' show off!!! Rolling Eyes Well done Ms Calico. Great story. Good to know you've still got a couple of stories left in you!

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 am

:champagne1: purr :champagne1:

Enjoy the bandanny. Congratulations! A very deserving story.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:02 am

congrats Great story, Calico. A worthy winner. congrats
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:01 am

Congrats Calico!!! Well deserved win!
congrats congrats congrats

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 am

Congratulations on writing an
EXCELLENT challenge!
purr
Bask in the glory and then
get writing your VS.
Please?
sorrykitty

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 pm

congrats CALICO, CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR STORY WAS EXCELLENT!!! congrats
Back to top Go down
Maz

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Well done Calico for an brilliant story and for winning the bandana, which I know is already fastened around your furry neck.

Don't be too rough with Heyes...remember he has to last you a whole month!

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Congrats, Calico!! The cat had to win at some point. Great story and don't over celebrate with the cat nip now! bal

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Congratulations, Calico!!!

Twisted Evil sm Twisted Evil

May the enjoyment of having the bandana in January rub off for the rest of the year and inspire you to write more stories as wonderful as this one!

congrats

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:49 pm

bal Great Story and a Worthy Win! bal

May your month be filled with dark, dimpled delights

Don't be too hard on the cat. With stories like this one, the furry fiend has a right to be smug. sm Keep writing!
:champagne1:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 pm

bal congrats Congratulations, Ms. Calico congrats bal

A well-deserved win for a hands-down winner of a story.

Sending lots of strokes and tons of catnip.

( Embarassed And, oh yeah, have a lovely month with the dimpled one! Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Calico

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 am

Thank you all for the cat-fussing!! The Calico is purring like a over-heated motor in her new yella blankie.
purr

Now, let me share something sweet - about the best ginger Tom in the world...

Last night we had gone for our regular Wednesday 'married couple eating Italien and yakking to each other' night, when...

He tapped his glass, said he had a message from the ether - and produced a yellow bandanny for me to wear for the evening -which he had snuck out of the house.
What a GOOD Tom!!!

P.S. Penski,
The Calico knows she is delinquent on her VS - but is making all kinds of good resolutions for a fresh start this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
sistergrace

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:01 am

Many congrats, Calico! congrats Wonderful challenge and a well-deserved bandana!

PostSubject: Re: Dec 2012 Poll - Five Years Earlier...   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1